Pilaf is considered an oriental dish, and, as is known, the east is a delicate matter, therefore, its preparation must be approached with great care and taking into account some aspects. Traditional pilaf is cooked with lamb or pork. Modern housewives somewhat diversified classic recipe and cook pilaf with beef. By the way, veal for cooking pilaf is not suitable, since it will turn out dry and hard. In the preparation of this dish has its culinary secrets. So, meet: pilaf recipes with beef.
How to make beef pilaf: general rules
Experienced chefs are happy to share the secrets of cooking pilaf with their hostesses. If you decide to cook pilaf with beef, be sure to consider the following rules:
- For cooking pilaf, you need to use special varieties of rice, best steamed. The rice must be long.
- This pilaf is cooked in a cauldron. If you do not have it, then use a roaster or pan with thick walls and bottom.
- All ingredients must be laid out in a strict sequence: first, the meat mixed with vegetables, on top of an even layer of rice.
- Plov will be tastier if it is cooked in sesame oil or fat tail.
- Beef must first fry in a pan. If the meat is immediately stewed with rice, the juice will evaporate all and the dish will turn out dry.
- If you take regular rice for cooking, rinse it several times until the water is clear.
- Be sure to put in a pilaf should be put carrots, onions and hot peppers.
- It is better not to use special seasonings for pilaf, since they will kill the natural taste of the dish.
- For cooking pilaf with beef, it is best to choose brisket meat or shoulder.
- In total, the cooking time should be at least 2 hours.
To cook delicious pilaf from beef, special culinary knowledge is not needed. The step-by-step recipe with a photo below will help you to prepare this traditional Uzbek dish without any special difficulties.
- steamed rice - 0.5 kg;
- Beef - 700 g;
- water - 3 tbsp .;
- sunflower (best sesame or cotton) oil;
- salt, pepper, spices.
- Take the rice, rinse it well.
- Then put the rice in a separate bowl and cover with hot water. Leave the rice steamed for about half an hour.
- Take a piece of beef. Meat should be washed, cleaned of film and veins, and then cut into equal pieces.
- Put sliced into a frying pan and fry. As already mentioned, you can use sunflower, sesame or cottonseed oil.
- Fry the beef to a slightly ruddy crust.
- To grilled beef, add chopped onions and carrots. Carrots can be cut into cubes or grated.
- Beef with vegetables should be stewed under the lid for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Take a pot with thick walls and bottom and put the meat with vegetables. It is necessary to salt and mix thoroughly.
- Put the rice on top and flatten it with a spoon. Add 2-3 tbsp. water and put the pot on low heat.
- After about half an hour in rice, make small grooves and put in garlic cloves.
- On a slow fire, beef pilaf should be stewed for at least an hour and a half.
- At the end of cooking, beef pilaf can be laid out in plates and decorated with greens.
- The pilaf in the cauldron is cooked on a regular stove. First, take a cauldron and pour sunflower oil into it.
- Add all the above spices to the butter, spices, with the exception of garlic cloves.
- The cauldron should be put on a strong fire and put the beef cut into portions in it.
- Together with spices, beef should be fried for 5-7 minutes.
- On a coarse grater, grate carrots, and onions - cut into half rings.
- Add vegetables to the meat and continue to fry. At the same time all the ingredients must be thoroughly mixed.
- Next, wash the rice (water should be clear).
- Place the washed rice in an even layer on top of the meat and pour boiling water over it. Rice should be completely covered with water.
- Add some citric acid to the cauldron.
- Next, pilau must be salted.
- Cooking should be in a closed cauldron on low heat for about 30 minutes.
- At the end of cooking pilaf from beef in a cauldron, it can be served. To do this, decorate the plate with greens and add national Uzbek bread or tortillas.
Pilaf in the slow cooker is both quick and tasty!
The slow cooker has recently become an indispensable kitchen appliance. Many housewives love to cook in a slow cooker, because all the dishes are very tasty, they do not burn, and the cooking process does not take much time. You just need to prepare all the ingredients and put them in the bowl, and the specified program will prepare the right dish.
Beef pilaf can also be cooked in a slow cooker. As in any other recipe, you will need similar ingredients, with the exception of spices. It is best not to use as many spices as when cooking pilaf in a cauldron, because the taste may turn out to be too saturated. It is advisable to choose a universal seasoning for pilaf.
- First you need to prepare all the products. Rinse the beef thoroughly, remove the film and veins from it.
- Meat should be cut into portions of medium size.
- Wash rice thoroughly under running water. Pre-rice can be poured boiling water and let it brew for half an hour.
- Onions and carrots need to be cleaned and chopped.
- Also prepare a few cloves of garlic.
- At the bottom of the multicooker bowl pour a small amount of sunflower or any other vegetable oil.
- Next, put the sliced beef, carrots and onions.
- All this should be salted, add pepper and seasoning to taste, and then mix thoroughly.
- Rice is laid out on top and tamped with a spatula. Be sure to layer the rice must be leveled.
- All fill with water at room temperature.
- Carefully insert the garlic cloves into the rice - they will give the finished dish an exquisite taste.
- Set the appropriate program depending on the model of the multicooker - it can be the mode "Pilaf" or "Cereals" - and set the timer.
- You need to cook at least 1 hour before the end of the program.
- Ready-made beef pilaf should be laid out on a plate and decorated with greens.
Despite the fact that pilaf does not belong to the national dishes of Russian cuisine, our hostesses love to cook it. It turns out nourishing and very tasty. As you can see, there are a huge amount of recipes for making Uzbek plov. You can choose a suitable recipe and pamper your household. Remember that in no case should excessive use of spices, because they can spoil the taste of the dish. But if you decide to cook pilaf in a cauldron, and even on a campfire, then you need to put more spices, seasonings and various herbs. The golden color of the beef pilaf will add turmeric. You can cook this dish according to your taste preferences. Enjoy your meal!