Of course, the benefits of beef liver for our body is indisputable. However, this product is not all love. To please even the most whimsical gourmet, you can prepare liver pancakes from beef liver. The recipes of this dish we will tell in our article.
A few words about culinary tricks
Before we tell you how to make beef liver liver pancakes, let's take a closer look at the choice of the main product. If possible, it is better to get a chilled liver, it should be moderately dark pink. The liver should not have a sharp smell, as well as a large number of veins and film. If you still got such a piece, then you have to work hard and remove all unnecessary.
To make liver pancakes not only tasty, but also tender, fluffy, fragrant and golden, let's get acquainted with a number of culinary rules that we will need when preparing this dish:
- the liver must be cleaned from the surface film and veins;
- thoroughly cut the cut piece of liver under running water, and then grind it in any convenient way;
- Before chopping, a piece of liver must be slightly dried, otherwise a lot of excess liquid will be released during the frying process;
- To make the pancakes more tender, the liver can be passed through a meat grinder twice or chopped in a food processor or blender;
- in order that fritters easily turned over, we surely drive eggs into the liver mass;
- sifted flour will make ready-made pancakes delicate texture and extra pomp;
- it is possible to dilute the flavor notes of liver fritters by adding vegetables, for example, browned onions and carrots;
- dairy fatty bases can also be added to the dough for liver pancakes: cream, sour cream or kefir;
- In addition to salt, the taste of the liver can be emphasized by a number of seasonings: black pepper, nutmeg or paprika;
- For a change, you can add boiled rice or fried mushrooms to the liver;
- You can serve liver pancakes as a separate dish or with any garnish to taste;
- An excellent addition to this dish will be a sauce made from mayonnaise, garlic cloves and cheese;
- so that the pancakes are porous in consistency, after frying, they can be stewed in any sauce or gravy.
Dish of the week from the chef
So, today we will try to cook flavored and air pancakes from beef liver. The recipe with a photo will help with little effort to bring this culinary masterpiece to life even for novice hostesses. Let's start by defrosting the liver and clean it of the film and vein. In the classic version, liver pancakes are prepared with the addition of browned vegetables. It is carrots and onions that will give juiciness to muffins.
- 0.5 kg of beef liver;
- 2 tbsp. l sifted flour;
- 0.2 liters of sour cream;
- 2 pcs. chicken eggs;
- onion head;
- to taste a mixture of seasonings and salt.
- Prepare the liver. If desired, it can first soak in the milk mixture.
- Peel the onions and carrots.
- Onions cut into small cubes, and grate carrots.
- Pour some refined vegetable oil into the pan and send sliced vegetables into it.
- Pass carrots with onions until done.
- In a blender or using a food processor, grind beef liver to a consistency of mashed potatoes.
- We spread the chopped liver into a container and add the sifted flour, as well as eggs.
- Add salt and seasoning to the liver, mix everything well.
- In the refined oil fry pancakes. Putting them in the pan is more convenient with a tablespoon.
- To make the pancakes from the liver brown, put them in a heat-resistant dish, pour the sour cream sauce and send for 15-20 minutes in the oven.
- Serve hot pancakes from beef liver with vegetable garnish and sour cream.
We are replenishing the culinary piggy bank with a new recipe.
Delicate pancakes made from beef liver are almost the same as the previous recipe. But if you want to make the pancakes have a porous texture, consider a few features. We add whole fresh milk and some food starch to the dough. You'll see, your household will be delighted and will certainly ask for supplements.
- 0.5 kg of liver;
- 1 PC. carrots;
- 1 onion;
- 75 g of milk;
- 3 pcs. chicken eggs;
- 2 tbsp. l sifted flour and food starch;
- 1 tbsp. l mayonnaise sauce;
- vegetable oil for frying;
- seasonings and salt to taste.
- While the liver is being thawed, let's prepare vegetables.
- Peel and chop the onion and carrot.
- In a frying pan, in a small amount of refined vegetable oil, sauté the onion to transparency, and then add the carrot.
- Pasta vegetables until ready.
- We clean the liver from the veins, ducts and film, cut into pieces and grind through a meat grinder or blender.
- It is advisable to skip the liver through a meat grinder twice.
- We spread the crushed liver mass into a deep bowl and pour in the milk, add sifted flour, food starch.
- Then we drive in chicken eggs.
- All thoroughly mixed. You can use a whisk or a mixer.
- To taste, add a mixture of seasonings and salt.
- Heat up refined vegetable oil in a pan and spread liver dough with a spoon.
- Serve with any sauce or garnish.
Cheese fritters with liver notes - gourmet delicacy
If you want to diversify the usual dish, try to make pancakes from beef liver with the addition of cheese. To preserve the delicate texture and consistency of fritters, it is better to use high-quality processed cheese.
- 0.5 kg of beef liver;
- 0.1 kg of processed cheese;
- 2 pcs. bulbs;
- 1 egg;
- 3 tbsp. l sifted flour;
- 75-100 ml sour cream;
- salt and pepper mixture;
- 100 ml of refined vegetable oil for frying.
- We lay out the previously cleaned and washed liver in a blender bowl and grind the puree to a consistency.
- If you use a meat grinder, then twist the liver mince twice.
- In the process of mixing, gradually add the wheat sifted flour.
- Put the minced liver in a container and combine it with sour cream.
- Then add salt and seasonings to taste and mix.
- Melted cheese is cooled and rubbed finely.
- We enter the grated processed cheese into the liver mass.
- Peeled onion cut into pieces and grind in a blender.
- Add onions and eggs to the liver mass.
- Once again we mix everything up.
- Heat the refined vegetable oil in a frying pan, and then spread the liver pancakes with a spoon.
- Fritters fry evenly until a characteristic brown crust.
There are many other recipes for making beef liver pancakes. Flour can be replaced with boiled rice or buckwheat. To prepare a dietary meal, add chopped oatmeal instead of eggs and flour.
Serve liver pancakes to the table can be absolutely with any side dish. They are perfectly combined with cheese, cream, mayonnaise and garlic sauce. To prepare the original snack, you can add fried champignons to the liver mass. Enjoy your meal!