Liver is considered by many to be a second-rate offal, but such a judgment is not entirely fair. If you prepare this useful, nutritious and relatively low-calorie product correctly, you get a true masterpiece of culinary art. Today we have beef liver in sour cream on the menu. The secrets and recipes of this dish are revealed in our article.
Sharing culinary secrets
Not all housewives love to cook the liver, because improper processing of this by-product can spoil the taste of the dish. To braised beef liver in sour cream sauce turned out tasty, fragrant, appetizing and satisfying, you need to know and follow a few simple rules:
- Choose only a quality by-product without streaks and ducts.
- Chilled liver should have a rich red or burgundy color, but in any case not brown.
- To begin with, a piece of the liver is thoroughly washed, we remove the film and ducts.
- To make the liver stew tender and soft, soak the by-product in milk or filtered water for at least 2 hours.
- So that the fried liver has acquired a characteristic crust and does not turn out to be rather dry, we pan each piece in flour before frying.
- The more onions, the tastier the liver.
- Cheese, pickled mushrooms and chopped greens can be added to the dish.
- For lovers of savory dishes in the liver, you can add spicy tomato sauce, pre-mixed with sour cream.
- You can cook a stewed liver in sour cream in a pan, in a saucepan, oven or a slow cooker.
- If we cook the liver in a frying pan, then for the first 2-3 minutes we fry it on the maximum heat, and then we cook it until it is ready at the minimum.
- To sour cream gravy turned out more, pre-sour cream can be mixed with milk or heavy cream.
The best dish from the chef
In fact, in the preparation of beef liver in sour cream is nothing complicated. The following recipe with a photo will help you to make an exquisite dish from an ordinary beef offal. In order to give the liver refinement, add in the dish a bit of hard cheese and pickled mushrooms. Determine the number of onions themselves. The liver is in very good harmony with onions or green onions. The bigger it is, the tastier the dish will turn out.
- 0.5 kg of chilled beef liver;
- ½ tbsp. sifted flour;
- 0.2 liters of sour cream;
- 2 pcs. onions;
- 0.2 kg of pickled mushrooms;
- 0.1 kg of cheese;
- 50 g of refined sunflower oil;
- to taste a mixture of seasonings and salt.
- We will prepare all the necessary components and be sure to defrost the beef by-product.
- We wash the liver and remove the surface film.
- Cut the liver into portions, and then spread it into a deep bowl.
- Fill the by-product with milk and leave in this form for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, peel the onions and cut them into half-rings.
- We rub cheese on a small grater.
- Liver put in a separate bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the sifted flour, table salt and seasonings.
- Each hepatic piece collapses in the prepared mixture.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan.
- Put the prepared and pre-breaded liver into the pan and fry until golden brown.
- We spread the fried liver in a separate bowl.
- Paste the onions in the refined vegetable oil and then add the pickled mushrooms.
- Then we put the fried pieces of liver into the pan and pour it with sour cream.
- All mix and pour grated cheese on top.
- In a closed container simmer the liver in cream sauce for 15 minutes.
- Before serving, decorate the dish with chopped parsley.
Stroganoff liver - a delicious dish
For the preparation of many dishes hostesses began to use the slow cooker. This versatile kitchen appliance is superior to traditional cooking methods. Beef liver in sour cream in a slow cooker is tender, crumbly and incredibly tasty.
- 0.8 kg beef liver;
- 2 tbsp. l sifted flour;
- 2 onions;
- 3 tbsp. l sour cream;
- 1 tomato;
- salt and pepper mix - to taste;
- 1.5 Art. filtered water;
- laurel leaf;
- 5 tbsp. l vegetable refined oil.
- Prepare beef offal as described in the previous recipe.
- Bulbs are cleaned and ground into equivalent cubes.
- Pour refined vegetable oil into the multicooker container.
- Spread pieces of liver with onions.
- We set the cooking program "Baking" and fry the products for 10 minutes.
- Then add the sifted flour, mix and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Tomatoes are washed and cut into equivalent cubes.
- Add the tomatoes to the multi-cooker and continue to cook the dish in the same mode for 5 minutes.
- Sour cream diluted in warm filtered water.
- Season the liver with salt and pepper mixture, add laurel leaves.
- Fill the liver with sour cream sauce.
- We set the program mode "Quenching", set the timer to 40 minutes.
Classics culinary genre
As you already understood, you can cook beef by-product in different ways. The classic option is liver beef, fried with onions in sour cream. You will need a minimum grocery set and a little time to prepare a tasty dish. You can combine the liver with any garnish to taste.
- 0.5 kg of beef liver;
- 1 onion;
- 2 tbsp. l sifted flour;
- 2 garlic cloves;
- 0.2 liters of sour cream;
- refined vegetable oil for frying;
- a mixture of peppers and salt.
- Prepare the liver.
- Portions of the liver crumb well into the sifted flour.
- On refined vegetable oil fry the liver until cooked.
- Peel the onion and cut it into rings.
- Bread crushed onions in sifted flour.
- In a separate pan in vegetable oil refined passeruem onions.
- Combine the liver with onions and lay out in a saucepan.
- Add sour cream and stew the dish for 15 minutes.
Cooking a delicious beef liver dish is quite simple. Follow the advice of experienced chefs, do not forget to soak the by-product in the milk mixture. Thus, the liver will become softer and bitterness will disappear from it. You can add to taste not only cheese or mushrooms, but also other vegetables. A very hearty dish will be liver stewed with potatoes or zucchini. Liver is not recommended to fry for too long, otherwise it may become hard. In the finished liver should not be impurities of blood. Do not be afraid to experiment in the kitchen, add a variety of spices and herbs. Enjoy your meal!