Meat dishes are the basis of any menu: neither a festive nor a casual table can do without them. Among these dishes a special place is occupied by goulash, the recipe of which will be found in every hostess. Aromatic, nourishing meat with gravy and vegetable zazharki, is ideal for all side dishes, and the technology of its preparation will not cause questions even for beginners in cooking. Especially if you cook goulash in a slow cooker.
Beef goulash in a slow cooker: a recipe with photos
The traditional recipe for goulash belongs to the Hungarian cuisine, where this dish is referred to as thick meat soups, cooked over an open fire. Since the preparation was carried out in field conditions, the components were selected as accessible as possible, and the process was simplified as much as possible. Thus, goulash is the easiest to prepare from the meat category. According to the classical recipe, in addition to meat, it requires flour for breading, tomato paste as the basis of the sauce, as well as onions and carrots, which will give the taste to the meat. Modified recipes can include any kind of vegetables, as well as seasonings and various ingredients to create a different gravy. For example, sour cream as the main component of the sauce to goulash.
Beef is considered the most preferable meat for this dish, since it is cooked for a sufficiently short period and also has a lower fat content compared to pork or lamb. Girls who watch their figure, as well as those who are prohibited from heavy meat, can safely replace beef with chicken meat - the taste of goulash will not suffer from this. If you follow the classic recipe, choose beef tenderloin devoid of veins and bones - it is easiest to work with it.
- Beef - 0.7 kg
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Tomatoes - 2 pcs.
- Salt, pepper, sugar - to taste
- Flour, tomato paste - 2 tbsp. l
- Vegetable oil
- Meat for goulash is cut into medium sized pieces so that it can be steamed, but not collapsed into fibers in the cooking process, which takes about 2 hours. The carrots are rubbed on the coarse side of the grater, the onion is chopped into thin half rings. You can fry it in oil either by means of a multicooker, selecting the "Frying" mode and setting the timer for 4-5 minutes, or in a hot frying pan, which only takes 1-2 minutes. with constant stirring. If you are working immediately with a multivariate, add a minimum amount of onion oil so that it all goes to the onion. Next will be laid beef, which should be prepared in their own allocated fat. It is also subjected to the "Fry" mode, time - 30-40 minutes: you need to wait until the moment when blood stops being released from the meat.
- While the beef comes to readiness, you can do a tomato paste: the tomatoes are washed and boiled water, after which the skin is removed from them. A small frying pan is heated, tomatoes are laid in it, which you immediately need to knead with a spoon. And under the lid, at a power below the average, they will languish for 10-15 minutes. When the mass becomes more homogeneous, sugar and salt are added, the power is reduced to the minimum, and the paste is prepared until it reaches the desired thickness.
- Now on the slow cooker, the mode “Frying” is replaced by the mode “Quenching”, beforehand grated carrots, prepared tomato paste and flour are transferred to the meat bowl with onions. Water must also be added, the amount of which depends on the desired consistency of the future gravy: the standard volume for this recipe is 2 multi-st., Of which some will boil. The meat will be stewed for 1-1.5 hours, you need to be guided by the degree of its rigidity - young beef will become usable faster. For 5-7 minutes until cooked, pepper peas are poured into the multicooker bowl. After that, beef stew can be served at the table.
Appetizing goulash with sour cream sauce
In addition to the traditional recipe for beef goulash, of course, there are more advanced options. For example, such, where the technology of cooking gravy is changed. They also deserve attention, especially since they do not have special difficulties in execution. In particular, appetizing beef goulash with sour cream gravy is ideal for a hearty lunch or gala dinner.
- Beef - 0.7 kg
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Carrots - 2 pcs.
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 pc.
- Flour - 3 tbsp. l
- Tomato paste - 2 tbsp. l
- Sour cream - 200 ml
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Salt, spices - to taste
- Peppers and onions are cut into rings and cut into quarters to make as small as possible pieces. It is recommended to grind carrots on a grater, but you can also cut it into slices. The meat is cut along the fibers in blocks 3-4 cm long, after which it is required to roll in wheat flour, creating a full dense layer around each piece. Then it is put into the multicooker bowl, where butter has already been thrown. Primary mode - "Baking": it will be softer than "Frying", steaming the meat from the inside better. The timer is set for 30 minutes.
- After the time in the bowl you need to report the vegetables and continue to work on the "Baking" for another 15 minutes. Then comes the last stage: sour cream is poured into the slow cooker, spices are poured out, and the dish is kept on the "Quenching" mode for 70-90 minutes. Goulash served with sour cream garnish decorated with greens and crackers of rye bread. Buckwheat porridge or rice will be a side dish here. If it is necessary to change the density of the gravy, a certain amount of flour or water is added during the cooking process.
Beef stroganoff in a slow cooker: cooking features
In terms of components, the Russian beef stroganoff of Hungarian goulash is not much different: it is also based on beef tenderloin seasoned with spice-free tomato paste. Garnish for "Stroganoff-style" - roasted potatoes and fresh, sliced tomatoes. In addition, the sauce for this dish is always prepared on the basis of sour cream.
According to the traditional recipe, 0.5 kg of beef tenderloin is used, which, before cutting, always beats off, so that the meat turns out softer and gives juice. Cutting it into pieces is required against the fibers, keeping a thickness of 5 mm. The length of the bars is chosen arbitrarily, but the most optimal is 5-7 cm. Onions and carrots are crushed in circles and laid out on the bottom of the bowl of the slow cooker with a thick layer: it is important that even after frying, the meat transferred to them does not touch the bottom. Fry recommended in butter, in the "Baking" mode, for 3 minutes. According to the classical technology, the frying time should not exceed 5 minutes, regardless of where it is carried out - in a slow cooker or in a frying pan.
After that, the already prepared beef cubes go through the stage of crushing in flour and are laid out on top of the vegetable zazharki: here they have to find golden color in the "Frying" mode in 10-15 minutes. Turn the meat can and should, but it is undesirable to give him to touch the bottom of the bowl. As soon as a light crust appears on the meat, it is poured with sour cream and tomato paste, combined in a 3: 1 ratio. With this amount of ingredients, sour cream is taken 250 ml, tomato paste - 80 ml. The water in the bowl is not topped up, because beef stroganoff involves a thick gravy. Further processing of the meat is carried out on the "Quenching" mode for 1 hour. If necessary, the time is increased by another 20-30 minutes.
The only seasoning you can use, according to the traditional recipe, is black pepper in peas. And, of course, salt is not excluded. Some cooking techniques befstroganova allow you to pour with sour cream 1 tbsp. Madeira or other fortified wine. Beef stroganoff should be served with potatoes fried in a large amount of vegetable oil (a variant of french fries is allowed), and also in tandem with fresh tomatoes and greens.
Hungarian goulash or Russian beef stroganoff - you decide. Each of the dishes is easy to prepare, especially when there is a multicooker, and has a high nutritional value, coupled with a pleasant taste. Recipes you can safely modify for themselves, changing the vegetable or meat part on your own.