If you want to cook a light, tasty and nutritious dinner, then baked veal in the oven will be the perfect option. There are many ways of roasting veal: it is cooked in a whole piece or divided into portions, you can add vegetables to the dish and use various types of marinade. And to make the meat tender and soft, you need to master a few simple secrets of its preparation.
Oven baked veal: cooking secrets
To make you a real culinary masterpiece of veal, baking meat in the oven, pay attention to such features of its preparation:
- Veal is better to buy fresh, and if you have purchased frozen meat, then it should be thawed in a natural way (it is not recommended to use a microwave oven for this);
- to make the meat more succulent, it should be marinated;
- for roasting veal in the oven is best to use foil - so the meat will be cooked in its own juice and will not turn out dry;
- before cooking, the meat must be well cleaned of film and veins;
- baked veal can be served both hot and cold - the dish will not become less tasty;
- if you overdo the veal in the oven, the meat may turn out to be dry - in this case, add a little broth or water and stew it a little more time;
- when cutting the meat into portions, remember that cutting should be across the grain - so it will not "disintegrate."
As already mentioned, if you bake the veal in the oven in foil, the meat will be very juicy. Your attention is invited to the classic recipe for roasting veal.
- veal - 1 kg;
- garlic - 4-5 cloves;
- mustard - 3 tbsp. l .;
- a mixture of spices (you can take coriander and ground black pepper) - to taste;
- Veal must be washed, peeled from the film and dried using paper towels.
- Now you should cut the meat in several places and fill with garlic.
- Spices and salt should be thoroughly mixed with mustard, and then you should coat the mixture with meat from all sides.
- Wrap veal in foil so that there are no gaps, and leave to marinate for a couple of hours. These simple actions will allow us to cook succulent meat.
- We proceed directly to roasting meat. Attention: veal should be placed in the oven, preheated to 200-250 degrees.
- We bake the meat for 15 minutes and then reduce the temperature in the oven to 190 degrees.
- If you like meat with blood, then bake veal should be another for 20 minutes. And in order for the meat to be well cooked, it will take half an hour.
- After the allotted time, veal should be removed from the oven and left for 20 minutes. Foil should not be deployed - so our meat is better "rest."
- Veal, baked in foil, is ready. By the way, this meat is very tasty, both hot and chilled.
Delicate veal with vegetables
If you want to cook both meat and garnish at the same time, then this recipe will fit the way. You can make your own changes to it and add other vegetables - it all depends on your taste preferences.
- 1 kg of veal;
- 2 pcs. zucchini;
- 3 pcs. carrots;
- 2 pcs. Bulgarian pepper;
- 4-5 cloves of garlic;
- spice mix (coriander and paprika are ideal);
- water (filtered or boiled) - 0.5 st .;
- 1 tsp. zira;
- 50 ml of vegetable oil;
- black pepper and salt.
- First of all, prepare the veal: first, wash it thoroughly, dry it, and then cut it into portions. To make the meat juicy, it should be cut across the fibers.
- Prepare the marinade mix: clean the garlic and squeeze it, then add the spice mix, pepper and salt and mix well. Now you need to pour in the oil and mix again.
- Pour the veal with marinade mixture, thoroughly lubricate it from all sides and put in the fridge for 2-3 hours so that the meat is soaked.
- While the meat is pickled, let's get some vegetables. First of all, they need to be washed and cleaned. If the zucchini is young (it is recommended to take this one), then it is not necessary to peel it from the peel.
- Zucchini and carrots should be cut into large cubes.
- Bulgarian pepper is peeled from seeds and cut into 4 parts. By the way, you can take peppercorns of different colors - then the dish will turn out colorful.
- Our veal was marinated - it's time to bake it. Take a baking dish, lightly grease with vegetable oil and lay out the meat. It should be distributed evenly around the edges.
- Mix vegetables with the remaining marinade mixture and spread it in the middle of the form (between the pieces of veal).
- Now you need to pour water. The recipe gives an approximate amount of water, you are guided, so that its level does not exceed the middle of veal.
- We cover our dish with foil and send it to the oven, which is already heated to 190 degrees.
- It will take about an hour and a half to prepare the dish.
- After the time has expired, remove the foil and spread the veal with the vegetables into plates. By the way, in the process of roasting, a lot of juice stands out - you can pour our dish on them. Enjoy your meal!
How else can you bake veal in the oven: a hostess on the note
There are many recipes for roasting veal in the oven, differing in the method of preparation and ingredients. Let's look at how you can still bake the most tender veal in the oven:
- veal loves soy sauce: if you marinate meat in it, the taste will be simply unsurpassed;
- marinade based on yogurt, sour cream or mayonnaise is also suitable for veal;
- You can bake the meat with any vegetables, including potatoes, and if you sprinkle the ready dish on top with grated cheese, it will add spice to it;
- If you want to change the taste of a traditional dish, then add spices, just remember that beef does not fit very spicy seasonings. Rosemary, tarragon, mint, saffron and basil are considered ideal spices for it.
So, we have reviewed with you a few recipes for roasting veal in the oven, revealed the secrets of cooking tasty and tender meat. It's time, armed with knowledge, to go to the kitchen and put them into practice. Cook with pleasure!