Baked potatoes in a slow cooker will be a wonderful dish not only everyday, but also a festive table. You can bake it whole or in slices by adding various ingredients, such as cheese or meat. There are a lot of recipes for cooking potatoes in a slow cooker, let's consider the best of them.
Baked potato in foil with bacon in a slow cooker: recipe
- 4-6 large potatoes;
- olive oil;
- 2-3 slices of bacon;
- 2-3 art. l sour cream;
- salt and spices;
- aluminum foil size tubers.
- Potatoes should be thoroughly rinsed with a special brush and blotted with a paper towel to get rid of excess moisture.
- Foil should be cut into identical horizontal strips. It is necessary to calculate their size so that the foil covers the whole potato without gaps.
- Place the potatoes in the center of the foil, salt, add your favorite spices and pour olive oil.
- Now you need to wrap the edges of the foil so that there are no gaps left.
- At the bottom of the multicooker, install a special stand so that the potato tubers are roasted evenly. If this is not done, the bottom of the potato will be baked stronger.
- Close the multicooker lid. Set Baking mode to 50 minutes.
- While the potatoes are being cooked, cut the bacon into small thin squares and fry until golden in the pan.
- Put the finished bacon on a paper towel in order to stack excess fat.
- Baked potatoes need to get and remove the foil. Carefully, without cutting to the end, make a transverse cut in the middle of the potatoes and pour sour cream. Top with fried bacon. If desired, add some grated cheese.
- Serve the dish should be a la carte, pre-decorated with greens.
Chicken Potato - a dish for the whole family
- 200 g chicken fillet;
- 6 tubers of potatoes;
- 1 PC. onions;
- 1 PC. Bulgarian pepper;
- 1 small carrot;
- 1 tbsp. l tomato paste;
- salt, ground pepper.
- Chicken fillet should be cut into strips in small pieces. Beat it thoroughly with a kitchen hammer, so that the meat will roast faster and be softer and juicy.
- Onions and carrots should be peeled and finely chopped. Carrots for convenience can be grated on a coarse grater.
- Potatoes need to be washed, peeled and cut into strips.
- Switch on the slow cooker in the "Frying" mode, pour a little olive oil on the bottom or add a piece of cream (as you prefer).
- Put the chicken fillet in a heated bowl and fry for a while.
- Add onion, carrot, tomato paste to the meat and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Then you need to add chopped potatoes, salt and pepper to taste. Close the lid and cook another 15 minutes.
- After the set time has elapsed, stir the dish evenly and continue cooking for another 15 minutes.
- Optionally, you can add a little grated cheese for the crust.
- The finished dish is best served hot.
If desired, you can cook potatoes in a slow cooker with different types of meat. How to cook with chicken fillet, was described in the previous recipe. But what you need to know when choosing another meat? The principle of cooking is not particularly different, you should consider a few important points:
- Frozen and stringy meat for cooking this dish will not work. It is also worth remembering that the younger the meat, the less time it takes to prepare it.
- It should be noted that chicken fillet can not fry before adding the main ingredient. Any other types of meat require mandatory additional roasting.
- For all types of meat, except chicken, you must use more onions. So it will turn out more juicy and nutritious.
- If you use pork, it is best to choose a sirloin or neck, only beef is suitable for beef.
- Before cooking the meat should be cut into small pieces.
- If you want to use pork or beef in the form of a steak, then before cooking it is better to marinate meat. Do not forget to make transverse cuts on it.
- If a couple of bay leaves are added when cooking pork, the dish will become more fragrant.
- You should also know that when replacing chicken meat to any other, the cooking time of the whole dish must be increased from 60 to 90 minutes depending on the weight.
Cheese Potatoes: A Classic Recipe
- 1 kg of small potatoes;
- 1 ½ tbsp. grated cheese;
- 1 tbsp. l favorite seasoning;
- 1 small onion;
- Potatoes need to be washed and peeled, and then cut into small pieces or bars.
- Switch on the slow cooker to the "Hot" mode for 20 minutes.
- At the bottom of the bowl you need to put the potatoes and lightly fry.
- Prepare aluminum foil - so that you can completely wrap the potato.
- Give the slow cooker to cool. On the bottom of the bowl distribute the foil.
- Put a piece of potatoes, half a cup of cheese and greens. Top you need to lay out the rest of the tubers and again half a cup of cheese with greens.
- All must be carefully wrapped in foil. It is important not to leave gaps.
- Turn on the slow cooker in the "Baking" mode and cook the potatoes for about 30-45 minutes. Cooking time can be changed depending on the type and size of tubers.
- Open the foil and pour the rest of the cheese on top, evenly distributing it over the entire surface of the dish.
- Bake the potatoes with the open foil under the lid until the cheese is completely melted.
- Serve the dish should be hot on a la carte plates. If desired, add sour cream sauce.
When you want to cook something nourishing and tasty, and everyday recipes are already fed up, a slow cooker will come to the rescue in this situation. With its help, ordinary potatoes can be turned into a delicious dish. Enjoy your meal!