Lamb baked in the oven - an unrivaled dish, suitable for any special occasion. It is nourishing enough to satisfy the appetite of a large number of guests, and at the same time useful. How to surprise your friends and loved ones with lamb meat cooked at home in an ordinary oven?
Meat selection and preparation
Cooking lamb is an easy process, but you have to take it responsibly. It begins with the purchase of high-quality "source material". It is advisable to choose the meat of a young sheep. It is distinguished by a delicate red tinge, streaks and fatty layer on it are light. If the meat is bright red, you should not take it. Also, it should not have a pronounced smell.
For baking, ribs are best. Ask the seller to cut them into pieces of the required size. At home, do not forget to strip the ends of the ribs. Loin and steaks should be covered with hot water to remove excess fat from the surface.
If you have purchased a part of a carcass (usually for this purpose you buy a leg, because it contains less fat), take care to remove excess fat, film and veins with a sharp knife. Cut the lamb into portions to make it better baked. Then make a few punctures on it and put spices in them. As a rule, spices are used with a pronounced refreshing smell:
- lemon juice or zest;
- parsley and others.
You can choose spices by yourself or strictly according to the recipe. If you are not familiar with the subtleties of Oriental cuisine, it is better to trust the recommendations of the chefs in order not to harm the dish.
If you have to bake frozen lamb, then you should not pour it with boiling water or defrost using an oven or microwave. This process should occur naturally at room temperature.
Send meat to the preheated oven.
How to cook lamb in the oven?
- lamb - 2 kg;
- a few cloves of garlic;
- bunch of greens;
- cheese - 100-150 g;
- some salt, pepper;
- lemon, egg, onion - 1 pc .;
- some vegetable oil (it is better to take olive oil).
- Peel the onions, chop into pieces and fry in a frying pan with oil.
- Wash the selected herbs and chop finely.
- Fry herbs with onions.
- Put the contents of the pan in a separate bowl and cool.
- Add grated cheese, egg, mix everything.
- Prepare the meat, dividing it into 2 identical pieces, make small cuts in it.
- Put the garlic cloves in the cuts, pre-chopped plates.
- Put the stuffing on one piece of meat, cover it with another piece and tie it with threads.
- Put in shape, pour with lemon juice, sprinkle with herbs.
- Bake in the oven for 2 hours at a temperature of 190-200 degrees.
- For serving use a side dish or salad.
Lamb in foil, baked in the oven
- lamb - 1.5 kg;
- Table red wine - 1 tbsp .;
- a few cloves of garlic;
- vegetable oil, salt.
- All selected spices are mixed and grate the previously prepared meat.
- Wrap the future dish in foil and leave in the fridge for 24 hours for marinating.
- Take the meat out of the refrigerator, wait until it reaches room temperature, and only then open the foil.
- Peeled garlic cloves (no need to cut or rub them!) Fry in a pan until a persistent flavor appears.
- Put the meat on top and pour over the red wine, remove the pan from the heat and cover tightly with foil.
- Preheat the oven to 190-210 degrees and put a frying pan in it.
- After 2 hours, submit to the table.
Thanks to sealing in foil and red wine, the meat will be juicy and soft.
Lamb, baked in the sleeve
- lamb - up to 2 kg;
- potatoes - 8 pcs .;
- carrots - 4 pcs .;
- spices, herbs (pepper, thyme, rosemary, mint);
- Rinse and dry the meat, rub well with spices and salt, put in a cool place for a couple of hours.
- Peel the potatoes, cut the large tubers into 2 parts.
- Peel carrots and cut into 4 parts.
- Pepper and salt the vegetables, add chopped greens.
- Put the lamb into the sleeve, then add the vegetables.
- Firmly pinch the sleeve so that the juice does not flow in the process of baking.
- Put the sleeve on a baking sheet and send in the oven preheated to 170-190 degrees.
- Cooking time - 1.5 hours.
- Remove the sleeve, put it on the dish and carefully cut it.
Cooking and serving options
Lamb baked in the oven can be cooked in different ways. In addition to roasting in a sleeve or foil, it can be stewed in a pot with the addition of vegetables or fruits.
Lamb turns out very tasty if you add to it:
- dried apricots,
- potatoes and other vegetables.
Lamb loves fresh greens, which interrupts the strong smell of meat and at the same time refreshes the dish. It is good to pickle it not only in herbs and lemon juice, but also in bite, wine, vegetable oil.
It goes well with baked meat rice side dish. It is not recommended to combine lamb with dough products (for example, pasta) and even more so to cook them together. The dough absorbs the juice and becomes too fat. Housewives who love lamb, should be remembered: as a side dish will suit any products that neutralize fatty meat juice.
Properly cooked lamb - a real feast for guests and home. Meat baked in the oven does not require a lot of skills, but time and patience are worth it. But the reward will be a fragrant and juicy dish - a real hello from the East!