Bagels with jam have long been popular with chefs. Prepare them easily. In addition, there are various options for dough and toppings. If you prepare the dough correctly, then such bagels can be used even in the post. Delicacy does not require much time and effort from the chef, but it will be able to decorate any table and guests will like it.
Bagels with jam: a recipe with sand dough
For the test:
- Sour cream (low-fat) - 250 g
- Cream margarine (butter) - 250 g
- Sugar (or powdered sugar) - ¼ Art.
- Flour - 1 kg
- For filling:
- Jam or jam (thick, so as not to spread);
- Powdered sugar 2 tbsp. l
- First, you need to prepare the dough for croissants with jam. Sift wheat flour into a bowl, make a well in the center.
- Melt margarine or butter and mix with sugar or powdered sugar. Pour the mixture into a well in the flour. There also add sour cream.
- Stir the contents of the bowl with a spoon until the dough begins to thicken. Thicken the dough, start kneading with your hands. In the course of mixing, add the flour until the mass becomes homogeneous.
- The resulting dough need to roll. To do this, tear off a piece of it (it should fit easily in the palm). Put on a flat surface, which you first need to sprinkle with flour.
- Roll a ball of dough into a circle. Cut the resulting layer into 8 pieces (like a pizza).
- In the center of the wide part of each sector of the triangle, put a little jam (approximately 1 tsp).
- To twist the bagel, grasp the edge of the wide part of the triangle from the dough and start spinning towards the narrow part. Now the bagel is almost formed, it remains only to give it a crescent shape. To do this, make ends a little together. The same should be done with the remaining dough.
- The baking sheet must be greased with vegetable oil. Lay out the bagels at least 1 cm apart. Bake bagels should be at a temperature of 185-190 degrees until cooked (about 1 hour).
- When the bagels are ready, sprinkle them with powdered sugar. This not only decorates pastries, but also gives it the necessary sweet taste.
Lush Hornworm Yeast
- "Live" yeast -30 g (or 1 h. L. Dry yeast)
- Sugar - 2 tbsp. l
- Milk - 1 tbsp.
- Margarine - 1 pack
- Vanilla - to taste
- Flour - 3 tbsp.
- Thick jam (or jam) - 0.5 l
- Yeast must be crushed with sugar. When using dry yeast, pound them with a small amount of milk and wait for the swelling (about 10 minutes), then rub them again and add sugar.
- In hot boiled milk, cut margarine into slices and wait until it is almost completely dissolved. When all the margarine has dissolved, add the yeast with sugar, flour and vanilla.
- Now you can start kneading dough, with the gradual introduction of flour into it.
- When the dough is ready, put it in the fridge for 30 minutes. After that, remove and divide into 5 parts.
- Each part is thinly rolled and cut into triangular sectors. From each part of the test you should have at least 18 triangles.
- Prepare 2 saucers. Pour sunflower oil in one of them, pour sugar into the other. At the base of each of the triangles, place a little jam, roll the bagels. It is not necessary to put the fillings too much, because when heated, the jam becomes liquid and can leak and burn. In order for it not to flow out, you need to carefully pinch the edges of the bagels.
- Amazing regularity: the smaller the bagels, the tastier they are (the ideal size is about 3 cm).
- Each of the formed bagels must be dipped first in a saucer with butter, and then in a saucer with sugar. At the same time, they should be dipped in sugar only from above.
- Now bagels need to lay out on a baking sheet, previously covered with parchment. Place in preheated oven to 180 degrees.
- Bagels need to bake until they are golden in color.
- Ready bake out from the oven and let cool slightly. After that, remove from the pan and put on a dish.
- Water - 1 tbsp.
- High-speed yeast - 4.5 tsp.
- Wheat flour - 2.5 tbsp.
- Vegetable oil - 0.5 tbsp.
- Jam - 150 g
- Sugar - 1.5 tsp.
- Food salt
- Cook the dough first. To do this, pour 1 tbsp. warm water in a deep bowl, add yeast and dissolve it, then add salt and sugar.
- Leave some vegetable oil to lubricate the bagels, and add the rest to the dough mixture.
- Mix everything well again using a whisk. Gradually add flour to the prepared mixture.
- First, the dough must be stirred with a whisk or spoon, and when it becomes dense, put it on the table and continue kneading with your hands. When the dough is ready, it should lag behind the hands and be soft to the touch.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal parts with a knife. It does not need to stand, comes in the cooking process.
- Each of the selected parts of the dough need to roll out, but not very thin. Cut the dough into 8 triangles. At the base of each triangle, place 1 tsp. jam
- Each bagel gently wrap and tweak the edges so that the jam does not flow out during cooking.
- Put the resulting bagels on a baking sheet, pre-greased with vegetable oil. Preheat oven to 190-200 degrees.
- Bake bagels for 10-15 minutes.
Bagels without yeast: a simple recipe
- Flour - 600 g
- Kefir - 250 ml
- Butter - 200 g
- Eggs -2 pcs.
- Sugar powder - 4 tbsp. l
- Soda - ½ tsp.
- Vanilla sugar - 1 bag
- Salt - 1 pinch
- Jam - for the filling
- Vegetable oil
- Soften and whisk the butter with the eggs, vanilla sugar and salt with a whisk.
- Kefir mix with water and wait until it foams. Now pour kefir into the oily mass and mix well.
- Sift flour in portions directly into the resulting mass. Then start kneading the dough until it becomes plastic and uniform.
- Roll out the dough until it is 5 mm thick. Cut the rolled layer into triangles. On the wide side of each of them, put on 1 tsp. jam Now roll the triangles from the dough into bagels.
- Heat oven to 150 degrees. Cover the baking sheet with paper, after having been lubricated with oil. Place the bagels on the prepared baking sheet and send them to the oven. You need to bake about half an hour.
- Put the finished bagels on a dish and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Bagels with jam from any dough are very tasty. They will be a good addition to tea or coffee. You can choose quick recipes for every day, and in the festive table to prepare a sweet version of this baking with powdered sugar. Jams or jam for cooking, you can use any. Household housewives often take for this billet for the winter from past seasons, which are already slightly candied and are not so tasty fresh.