For most, Mexico is associated with tequila, tortillas, spicy sauces. The latter can rightly be considered an integral part of the country's national cuisine. There is a great variety of Mexican sauces. One of the most popular is guacamole.
For an exotic name is very tasty mixture made from vegetables.
Prepare guacamole from avocado. Without this Mexican fruit sauce is impossible to imagine. That he is his foundation.
Literally, guacamole means exactly "avocado sauce." In another way it is called pasta. The reason for this - the consistency. Depending on which serving method you choose, it may look like mashed potatoes or consist of chopped ingredients. It is believed that the best guacamole cook using a mortar. Then the sauce gets a unique flavor!
There are many variations in the use of guacamole. It is served as a sauce for chips, tortillas, and Mexican burrito. You can eat it as an independent side dish. It all depends on what you prefer and what your lunch or dinner consists of, which serve guacamole. To prepare a delicious sauce you should pay attention to the quality of avocado fruit. They must be ripe. Identifying avocados suitable for guacamole is simple. Their skin should be a dark color. In daylight, it seems almost black. The fruit itself must not be very hard. Its consistency is supple, resembling butter. Often, avocados for the recipe take out a regular spoon.
There is no one recipe for Mexican guacamole. It is believed that it was prepared by the ancient Aztecs. Only the basis of the sauce has reached our days. Different ingredients are added to it in different parts of Mexico. At the same time, the base, avocado, lime, salt, is always the same.
The recipe for this savory sauce is simple. It is perfect for meat and fish dishes. Unlike the same salsa, guacamole is not very sharp. Therefore, it can be eaten with almost no restrictions.
- Avocado - 2 pcs.
- Tomato - 1 pc.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Red hot pepper or cayenne - 1 pc.
- Lemon juice - 2 tsp.
- Cilantro, salt - to taste
- Avocado wash, dry. Cut each fruit into halves. Remove the bone, remove the skin and remove the pulp with a fork or spoon.
- Put it in a separate bowl and bring to a state of mashed potatoes with a fork or blender. Sprinkle the resulting mass with lemon juice.
- Peel the onions and chop finely. Grind cilantro. Pepper pod incise the side, remove the seeds. Rinse and dry, chop.
- Prepared ingredients add to mashed avocado. Wash the tomato and chop finely. Add it to the mixture. Guacamole salt to taste.
Guacamole Sauce Recipe
- Ripe avocado - 1 pc.
- Big tomato
- Salt, pepper, vegetable oil - to taste
- Avocado prepare. Cut into 2 parts, remove the large bone. Next, remove the skin from it and chop the pulp or get it with a spoon. Put the avocado in a deep bowl.
- Wash tomato and dry. Onion peel. Cut the tomato into small cubes. Chop the onion in the same way. Combine them with avocado and mix the mixture with a spoon. It should be pasty.
- Add a little oil, salt and pepper. In order to speed up the process, chop vegetables and avocados in a blender. So the consistency will come out more homogeneous.
- It is also believed that in the original recipe, finely chopped cayenne pepper and garlic are added to the vegetables. They give the sauce spice and spice.
Another way to cook guacamole is to use salsa sauce along with avocado. The mixture is especially burning!
- Avocado - 3 pcs.
- Ready salsa sauce - 1 tbsp.
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp. l
- Salt - to taste
- Clean dry avocado cut into 2 parts. Separate the flesh from the stone and peel.
- The resulting mass is crushed with a fork in a bowl until the state of a slurry. Pour into it 1 tbsp. salsa sauce. Add lemon juice and salt. A quick guacamole ready!
What eat guacamole?
Options for what they eat guacamole there is a lot. Let's start with the simplest.
- Eggs - 6 pcs.
- Freshly prepared guacamole -0.5 tbsp.
- Salt and black pepper - to taste
- Large eggs boil hard boiled. Cool and peel, cut into halves. Extract egg yolks from halves of eggs (they can be removed or used for other dishes).
- Put guacamole into the empty cavity. Salt and pepper appetizer. Put eggs with guacamole on a platter.
Another option for eating guacamole is nachos. These are traditional Mexican corn chips. Usually, guacamole is served on a large dish in a small bowl or container in the middle. Spread chips around it. They are dipped in sauce before eating. Guacamole also goes well with tortillas and tortillas. They are eaten with him, periodically completely dipping.
If you want to make the sauce spicy and there is no pepper at hand, you can replace it with a few drops of spicy tabasco sauce or any other. At the same time, it is better not to overdo it with the spice. Guacamole, unlike many other Mexican sauces, is not very spicy.
Cooking delicious guacamole is quite simple. It is better to pre-determine the desired amount of sauce. Too much cooking is not worth it. It is believed that avocados are rapidly oxidized and this affects the taste of guacamole. It is best to prepare an amount that is enough for one use.
Some guacamole recipes do not have lemon juice. If you want to make a large amount of sauce, then it is better to use it. Lemon juice is an antioxidant. It prevents the oxidation of avocados. This contributes to the fact that the finished guacamole get a nice green color. Otherwise, the oxidized mashed avocado will turn it into a brownish mass.
Some cooks believe that guacamole, flavored with lemon juice, it is better to hold before eating in refrigerators. The sauce is covered with a lid and kept on the top shelf for a couple of hours. So he gets a richer taste.
In addition to traditional ingredients, avocados, tomatoes, onions, anything can be added to the sauce. Of course, such recipes will be less traditional. Greens, hot peppers are suitable for guacamole. Some even add mayonnaise to it. It all depends on your preferences. As fillers, you can use shallot, basil, cilantro, cayenne pepper, garlic.
As a snack, guacamole is served in a deep bowl or in portioned salad bowls. They can be dipped cakes, burritos, chips.
If you like exotic, but at the same time healthy and light dishes, be sure to try to cook guacamole. This sauce can be used as a side dish, a supplement to main dishes and as a snack. Its advantage is the ease of preparation and a special, unique taste. Guacamole will add the usual lunch or dinner of Mexican flavor and will not leave anyone indifferent.