Mushroom soup is a great alternative to meat, not inferior to him in terms of nourishing and taste. With a large variety of mushrooms, you can change the recipes of soups every day for a few months, surprising home and guests. Taking into account the most widespread species of mushrooms in stores, the simplest and most delicious can be called aspen soup.
Fresh Aspen Soup: Recipe and Tips
As soon as the mushroom season begins in July-August, on the table at least 1-2 times a week and dishes with freshly picked mushrooms will appear. Traditional hot soup is something every hostess should try to cook, because it takes 30-40 minutes to spend, and the whole family will appreciate the fragrant dish, including its strong half. Depending on the ingredients that fall into the pan, you can reduce or increase its cooking time.
- Aspen mushrooms - 0.5-0.6 kg
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Young potatoes - 1-2 pcs.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Butter - 1 tbsp. l
- Salt - to taste
- Initially, the mushrooms should be prepared, since it is their time to take them to bring them to the desired state. Aspen mushrooms are rinsed in cold water 2-3 times, then dried on a napkin and cut into small slices.
- When water boils in a saucepan (3-5 liters), mushrooms go down into it, and they boil for 15 minutes after boiling. During this time, you need to remove the foam that accumulates on the surface of the broth with a skimmer.
- It should be noted that dried aspen mushrooms will take more time to prepare: their pre-boiling will take not 15, but 30 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are boiling, a frying pan is heated on the other burner, on which butter is laid.
- The chopped onion is fried in it until a light golden crust and sweetish aroma appear, after which it is put into the pan.
- Peeled and diced potatoes fall down there. According to this recipe, it is better to choose its varieties that are not boiled soft during the cooking process, turning into puree, but retain their shape.
- After 25 minutes, spices are poured into the broth, and after another 5-7 minutes, the fire can be turned off and the soup is kept under the lid on the hot plate for 10-15 minutes so that it is infused.
Frozen aspen soup
After defrosting, the frozen mushrooms that have passed through freezing already lose their attractive appearance, and even in soups, their pieces do not look as appetizing as fresh mushrooms. Therefore, from the frozen product, chefs recommend cooking cream soups. Some of them are very high in calories due to flour and butter, but you can also find dietary options that will replace your usual light meat broths.
Classic mushroom cream soup with croutons
- Mushrooms - 0.5 kg
- Broth (water) - 2.5 l
- Flour (semolina) - 4-5 Art. l
- Egg whites - 3 pcs.
- Milk - 80 ml
- Bread - for toast
- Salt, spices - to taste
- Vegetable oil
- The attractiveness of aspen mushrooms is that they are the purest mushrooms, in the plates of which there are no worms and other parasites, so the processing of the product before cooking is minimal. After 2-3 rinses in water, you can cut them, remove the legs, because only the caps will go into the soup, and boil in boiling water, which is not salted, for 15-20 minutes.
- Then the caps are discarded into a colander, cut into pieces and dipped into a skillet, which can be replaced by an ordinary steel ladle of 2 liters.
- Mushrooms are poured with vegetable oil, seasoned with selected spices and stew for 15 minutes.
- When they soften and soak in the butter, sifted flour is poured into them, which must be pre-heated in a frying pan. If you use semolina, this is not necessary.
- After 3-5 minutes, during which the mushrooms and flour are roasted on medium power, the broth is poured into the saucepan, which can be replaced with water.
- Cooking soup is carried out for half an hour, but depending on the state of the products, the time may vary.
- The last stage, carried out 10 minutes before readiness, is filling the mushroom soup with whipped egg proteins, which are introduced into the hot mass by means of continuous beating. In some cases, an assistant may be required here.
- After them, the same milk is poured. If you want to get a thicker soup, you can pour a little more calcined flour: it gives more thickening than semolina.
- While the soup is boiling, you should prepare the croutons: cut a few slices of white or rye bread into cubes, roll in your favorite seasonings and send to an oven heated to 100 degrees. At this temperature, the bread will dry for 30-40 minutes.
- If you want to get a result faster, you can use a microwave: each side of the bread cubes should be dried for 45 seconds at maximum power. After 2-3 minutes, hot spicy croutons for mushroom soup will be ready.
How to cook a delicious first course of aspen and boletus?
Mushroom soup can include several types of mushrooms, although not all of them easily combine with each other. Aspen mushrooms are best combined with boletus: these porcini mushrooms create an excellent tandem in hot dishes. A salty taste of cheese, which will become the basis of the mushroom soup, will play on the contrast: such food and guests can be served.
- Mushrooms - 300 g
- Cream Cheese - 500 g
- Potatoes - 3 pcs.
- Tomatoes - 2 pcs.
- Greens, salt, spices - to taste
- The state of the mushrooms for the cheese soup does not matter: you can use dried aspen mushrooms and boletins, or even frozen ones. In any case, they are washed, cut and laid in boiling water, where they will have to turn into a monotonous mass.
- For this amount of ingredients 4 liters of water are prepared, in which mushrooms boil for 20-25 minutes.
- Potatoes are washed and crushed, laid to the mushrooms, after which you can leave the pan for 30 minutes, switching attention to the remaining components of the dish.
- Tomatoes need to pour in boiling water and remove them from the skin. Then they are mixed with melted cheese, and the resulting mass is carefully injected into the mushroom broth.
- For 2-3 minutes through constant stirring, it is necessary to achieve a uniform distribution of new ingredients in the soup, after which crushed greens and seasonings are poured there.
- After 5 min, the fire under the burner is turned off, the soup is given time to infuse. Serve it recommended with crackers.
Beef Broth Recipe
Mushroom soup in meat broth is the most satisfying recipe you can think of. You can cook it on pork and chicken, but the most rich and tasty option is obtained by using lamb or beef.
- Meat broth - 3-4 l
- Mushrooms - 0.5 kg
- Zucchini - 3 pcs.
- Celery Root - to taste
- Onions - 0.5 pcs.
- Carrots - 2 pcs.
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 pc.
- Rice - 100 g
- Mushrooms are washed and cut, and then boiled in boiling water for 40 minutes with constant removal of foam.
- As soon as the meat broth is ready, the mushrooms from the water in which they boil are transferred by a skimmer to the saucepan with the broth. There is laid sliced zucchini and celery root.
- If you wish, you can add onion halves, but after 10-15 minutes they are taken out and thrown away: the task of the onion here is only in giving taste and aroma.
- While cooking vegetables in a hot frying pan, grated carrots and bell peppers, cut into small pieces, are fried.
- After 30-40 minutes, when the zucchini will be almost ready, and the mushrooms will soften even more, 100 g of round grain rice and ready frying should be poured into the soup.
- On medium heat, the dish is cooked until the cereal is fully cooked, then it is flavored with spices and removed from the stove.
- Serve asparagus soup with meat broth with fresh sour cream and garlic bread.
There is no less variety among mushroom soups than among fish or meat ones. You can vary the ingredients as you wish, leaving only the central components unchanged. Noble aspen mushrooms in a hot dish will appeal to everyone, and in combination with other products, they give rise to special, incomparable sensations.