Apple strudel imperceptibly moved to us from the Czech, Austrian and German cuisine. In Russia, he became a collection of all the intricacies of cooking in different countries. We serve it with ice cream, berry syrup, and powdered sugar. What is so attractive dessert? Women love it for cooking speed and low calorie content, and men love it for a pleasant combination of apple and puff pastry.
Ingredients apple strudel:
- Puff pastry - 500 g
- Crackers (breading or crushed) - 2 tsp.
- Apples - 500 g
- Raisin - 100 g
- Almond - 100 g
- Cinnamon - 1-2 tsp.
- Lemon zest - 1 tsp.
- Sugar - 3 tbsp. l
- Butter - 10 g
Cooking apple strudel:
- Today in the shops you can buy ready-made puff pastry - this is very convenient for busy housewives and those who do not like to cook dough. Therefore, the dough, if necessary, defrost and then roll out to make a rectangle of average thickness. Smear the dough with a piece of butter and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- We wash the apples, clean the skin, take out all the grains. Cut them into thin slices or grate three. Rinse the raisins and pour boiling water for 10 minutes, fold in a sieve and dry. Cut almonds into slices.
- Apples put in a pan, add sugar, mix everything. Add almonds, raisins and cinnamon. Sugar can be put more, if you think that the filling is not sweet. Grate lemon and put in the filling.
- Now lay out the apple filling on the dough, roll the dough into a roll, fix the edges well, so that the filling does not follow.
- Put strudel on a baking sheet, grease it a little. Preparing this dessert for about half an hour at a temperature of 200C.
See also:How to cook puff pastry strudel?-
It is customary to serve the strudel hot, sprinkling it with powdered sugar, pour over chocolate and put an ice cream ball. Of course strudel and cooled will be delicious, but there will not be that juicy taste and light aroma of cinnamon.
Cook with pleasure, bon appetit!