Marmalade made from fruits, especially apples, has a pleasant and delicate flavor. Usually it is made from sugar and fruit and berry puree. But you can make marmalade at home by adding only natural ingredients: fruit and sugar. Due to its taste and beneficial properties, apple marmalade, cooked at home, it is recommended to give even to children.
What apples make marmalade?
For the preparation of marmalade, you can use absolutely any kind of apples, even a drop. Apples, which for some reason are not suitable for storing or preparing compote, can be successfully used for making marmalade.
If mealy summer varieties are used to make marmalade, very ripe or old apples, they must be acidified with sour apple juice, gooseberry or red currant.
For the preparation of marmalade from any fruit and berries use pectin, which provides the jelly state of marmalade. You can buy it in the confectionery department. But if you cook the marmalade of apples, pectin is not needed, because it is contained in them in large quantities.
How to prepare marmalade at home?
- Marmalade is prepared in 2 ways: boiling fruit with sugar to the maximum concentration or juice.
- Usually, 600 grams of sugar is taken for 1 kg of applesauce. At home cooking usually essence and various additives are not added.
- Marmalade is obtained in 2 types: hard and soft. Hard marmalade is obtained by boiling apples and sugar for a long time. To get a soft marmalade, reduce the amount of sugar.
- To prepare marmalade, use a basin - copper or aluminum with a thick bottom. This will help the marmalade not to burn.
- Fruits need to be boiled until they are softer, after which they are crushed and boiled until smooth. Then the mass is passed through a sieve, sugar is added and boiled until the mass thickens.
- During the preparation, mix the marmalade with a wooden spoon and pour into the forms that are previously heated. The marmalade will be ready when the mixture hardens on a spoon. To obtain a hard marmalade, you need to cook the mixture longer.
A simple recipe for homemade apple marmalade
- Apples - 2 kg
- Sugar - 0.5 kg
- Boil apples until mashed potatoes turn out. Then add sugar.
- Cook on low heat, stirring constantly, until marmalade lags behind the bottom.
- When the marmalade is ready, put it on an enameled dish moistened with water, or parchment paper, greased with butter.
- Level the weight with a knife, leaving it in the air to dry.
Classic apple marmalade at home
- Apples - 1 kg
- Sugar - 600 g
- Cut off the peel of apples, cut out the middle, cut into small pieces.
- Boil them by adding water until they are softer, then rub through a sieve.
- In the resulting apple puree, add sugar and cook until it thickens. Do not forget to constantly interfere.
- Cooked marmalade pour into forms and let cool. After it cools, cut into pieces and sprinkle with sugar.
Three-layer apple marmalade at home
- Apples - 0.5 kg
- Quince - 0.5 kg
- Plum - 0.5 kg
- Water - 6 tbsp.
- Sugar - 1.5 kg
- Wash the fruit and cut separately with the core. Then put in the pan, first the apples and sugar.
- Put plums and sugar on top, followed by quince and sugar. Fill all with water.
- Cook on low heat, when the fruit is soft, pass them through a sieve.
- Add sugar again and cook until ready.
- After the marmalade is ready, put it on a dish covered with parchment paper.
- Smooth the marmalade, and when it dries, cut it into pieces and sprinkle with sugar or powdered. Marmalade should be stored in a cool, dry place.
Apple and pear marmalade at home
- Apples - 500 g
- Pears -500 g
- Sugar - 200 g
- Cinnamon - Pinch
- Wash the apples and pears, peel and chop them, and then pass through a meat grinder.
- Boil the resulting mixture over low heat, add sugar, and at the end add crushed cinnamon.
- Ready marmalade need to cool, spread on banks and close tightly.
Apple marmalade "Assorted Polish"
- Apples - 500 g
- Gooseberry - 500 g
- Black currant - 500 g
- Pumpkin - 500 g
- Sugar - 500 g
- Slice finely juicy sweet and ripe apples, remove the seeds.
- Wash the pumpkin, peel off the viscera and skin, cut into slices.
- Add water to the pan, put the fruit, close the lid and cook until soft.
- Then wash the gooseberries and currants, mash and combine with sugar.
- Stir and add pumpkin and apple puree.
- Then boil down to the desired state and spread it on the banks.
How to cook soft marmalade from apples?
- Apples - 1 kg
- Sugar - 400 g
- Sour-sweet apple varieties wash, remove the core with the seeds.
- Bake the apples on a baking sheet. If they burn, remove the skin, but try to bake them so that they do not heat up.
- Then the apples need to be rubbed through a sieve and add sugar. Then heat and boil until thick. Put marmalade on trays, dry, slice and close.
Apple marmalade with nuts at home
- Apples - 1 kg
- Sugar - 250 g
- Orange zest - 25 g
- Walnut Kernels - 25 g
- Cook the baked apples and mash them.
- Add sugar and boil until thickened.
- Crush the orange zest, nuts and add at the end of cooking.
- Cook for another 3 minutes and put the mass on the parchment lying on the baking sheet. After it dries, dry it in a slightly heated oven.
- Sprinkle marmalade with sugar and cover with aluminum foil on top.
- Before you eat, cut out various figurines to decorate the products. Store in a cool, dry place.
Apple marmalade has a unique and unique taste. For its preparation does not require a lot of ingredients, only water, apples and sugar. Therefore, it can be quite easily prepared at home.