Apple cider was known in ancient Egypt. But the name "cider" gave him a Frenchman. He just sat down on a bag of apples, and they choked. Apple cider has long been considered a drink for poor people. Currently it is very popular in Italy, France, England and some other countries.
Cider is a low alcohol drink, produced by fermenting apples. This is an apple wine, only it is cooked without yeast. Apple cider is sold in stores. But not necessarily to buy it, you can cook yourself.
Cooking apple cider at home
To make apple cider, you need only two ingredients: apples and sugar. Depending on how much cider you want to receive, the quantities of these products vary, and the proportions remain the same: per 1 kg of apple pulp - 100-150 g of sugar.
- Apples are well my, cut into 4 parts, cut the stalk and rotten places. Put in a blender and grind.
- For 2 kg of the obtained apple pulp will need a 3-liter capacity.
- Add the right amount of sugar.
- Cover the container with gauze and tightly close it. Then put in a warm place for 3 days.
- After 3 days, we take out our container and filter its contents. This is necessary in order to separate the juice from the apple pulp.
- Then add more sugar in the following proportions: 1 liter of juice - 100-150 g of sugar. Mix, put in a bottle or other suitable container and leave for 3 weeks to ferment.
- After 21 days, pour the cider into another container (can be poured into small bottles) using a siphon.
Apple cider, cooked at home, You can safely serve. The drink turns golden in color with a pleasant aroma. Since the drink is low alcohol, it will not cause severe intoxication.
Apple cider has a pleasant original taste. He drinks well in cold weather, quenches thirst. Keep cider in a cool place for no more than 3 months.