Squids have long been considered familiar to domestic hostesses. Many recipes include them in the list of ingredients, but they also prepare separate dishes from this product. Squids are amenable to various cooking methods, and now they are also prepared in a slow cooker. This convenient modern device is a real find in the kitchen, because recipes of any complexity can be prepared without difficulty. Especially nice to cook squid in a slow cooker. The recipe of cooking can be chosen to your taste.
But it is worth remembering that it is necessary to handle squid carefully. They should not be thawed in hot water. Before cooking, always remove the film and cartilage plate from the carcasses. Squid can be cooked for no more than 5 minutes, otherwise they will become rigid and may lose their useful properties. Before cooking squid fillet, the meat can be slightly beaten to make it more tender. Considering all the nuances, familiar dishes with squid will have an unsurpassed taste.
Squids in cream sauce: a recipe
This recipe is very popular, because the dish turns out tasty and fragrant.
- Several squid carcasses
- Sour cream - 3 tbsp. l
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Salt, pepper - to taste
- Vegetable oil
- Squids in a slow cooker with sour cream can be cooked in the device of any brand, where there is a function of frying or baking.
- Preparation begins with the collection of ingredients and their preparation. Onions should be cut into rings, then put in a slow cooker and fry, thanks to the appropriate function.
- While they are roasting, prepare seafood carcasses. They are also cut into rings, and then sent to the bow. All together it is necessary to mix and leave for a few minutes for roasting.
- When the squids are a little softer, they salt and pepper. The next step is the addition of sour cream. The ingredients must be mixed, then close the slow cooker and still hold it on for a couple of minutes.
- After it is turned off, do not immediately get squid. They will be much tastier and juicier if you hold them under the closed lid for about 20 minutes.
- That's the whole trick of a simple and appetizing dish. It can be a little diversified, if you make sour cream sauce thicker. To do this, add a little wheat flour to sour cream.
Features cooking stuffed squid
Stuffed squids in a multicooker are especially appetizing. This dish is quite original, it can be prepared in the post, if you choose the right stuffing. You can start seafood with any ingredients, all options that are used for cabbage rolls, pancakes and peppers will do. Squid is well combined with rice and mushrooms, mashed potatoes and grated cheese, chicken meat and fresh green peas.
The number of squid carcasses should be taken based on the number of eaters. Before cooking, they should be cleaned. This is done by pouring boiling water over the carcasses, after which the film is very easy to remove with your hands. Then the squid should be cut fins, if the insides were left - remove them. You also need to remove the chord, it is a dense and transparent plate on the carcass. Only then can salted and pepper seafood on the outside and inside.
Now you can begin to lay out the filling. It should be tamped with a teaspoon. It is best not to dwell on one version of the filling, if you make it different, it will turn out much tastier and more interesting. When there is a lot of stuffing, so that it does not fall out, the edges of the carcasses need to be sealed with toothpicks.
This dish can be prepared in several ways. The first one is to use the frying or baking function. The bottom of the multicooker should be oiled, vegetable or creamy, and leave the device warm for a few minutes. Then spread the stuffed squids and roast them on both sides for several minutes.
Another way is to cook steamed seafood. For this you need to pour into the slow cooker 2 tbsp. water and wait until it boils. To speed up the cooking process, you can immediately use boiling water. Inside the multicooker set the nozzle for steaming, put squid in it and use the steaming function. To squids cooked, enough for 10 minutes.
Another cooking option includes sauce. It can be sour cream or cream, and if meat was used as a filling, you can also make tomato. Squids spread in a slow cooker, pour the sauce and include the function "Stew". After 5 minutes, the carcass must be turned over so that they are well soaked on each side. The stewed squids in the slow cooker will suit any gourmet’s taste, they are especially tender and appetizing.
Pilaf with squids in a slow cooker: a recipe
This kind of familiar dishes will delight all households and surprise guests. Like all dishes in the slow cooker, this recipe does not require much trouble.
- Rice - 1 tbsp.
- Squids - 0.5 kg
- Onion - 0.5 pcs.
- Bulgarian pepper - 0.5 pcs.
- Garlic - 2 slices
- Greens - 1 bunch
- Salt - to taste
- First, prepare the onions and peppers: they are cut into thin strips. In the "Baking" mode, these vegetables fry some time in butter.
- Squids cut into strips should be mixed with chopped greens and garlic.
- In the meantime, add rice and onions to pepper and then pour water in appropriate proportions. On top of it is necessary to lay out a mixture of squid and herbs.
- The final step is to set the time for the Plov mode. To cook stewed squid with rice, it will take about 40 minutes.
These recipes will fit into the home cookbook of each housewife, because they are very simple and tasty. Squids are an excellent alternative to many seafood products that are not always cheap. Such dishes can be served for dinner every day, but they will also help out when there are unexpected guests.