For most people, one of the most memorable childhood desserts is the “anthill”: a cake made from condensed milk and cookies that does not require baking and has an incredibly delicate crumbly texture. He was preparing almost instantly, so that was and remains an excellent option for unexpected guests, although there were exceptions.
The only true recipe is still impossible to establish, but no one doubts that without the condensed milk and crumb of cookies, the "anthill" cannot exist. How to cook it at home? What are its varieties?
Classic cake "Anthill" of cookies: a recipe with photos
The key features of the traditional "anthill" cooking algorithm are that both condensed milk and cookies should be used homemade: this certainly increases the time spent on dessert, but allows you to feel the significant difference between a real Soviet "anthill" from childhood and modification hastily. The latter, no doubt, is the place to be, but it will be discussed a little later.
- Condensed milk - 1 can
- Chicken Egg - 1 pc.
- Butter 82.5% fat - 320 g
- Sour cream 15-20% fat - 300 g
- Wheat flour - 380 g
- Sugar or icing sugar - 100 g
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp.
- Since cooking condensed milk is the longest process, first it is worth doing it. Dip the can into the water, bring to a boil and reduce the heat to about half. For 60 minutes condensed milk will boil down, while the water should not actively boil - just be in a state close to permanent boiling.
- While condensed milk is preparing, soften the butter at room temperature and transfer 200 g to a large container, where the dough will be kneaded. There, pour all the sugar, add sour cream (200 g). Beat the components with a mixer at medium speed for 2-3 minutes to get an airy, soft mass. Then break the egg and continue to beat, but at low speed.
- Gradually add flour - it is better to divide all its volume into 3-4 parts, sift each one separately. Do not turn off the mixer or remove it from the dough - this will allow for the most accurate introduction of flour and prevent the appearance of lumps. With the last batch, you must add baking powder. If soda is used instead, quench it with vinegar beforehand.
- At the end, it will be difficult to beat the mass because of its thickness, so finish the process of kneading the dough with your hands, gradually forming a smooth, elastic lump. Wrap it in cling film and transfer to the refrigerator for 40-60 minutes. This step can be avoided, but then the process of subsequent change in shape will be difficult due to the fat content and stickiness of the substance.
- When the dough cools and hardens, divide it into several large pieces and roll each through a meat grinder to get thin strips, similar to short spaghetti. Cover the baking sheet with parchment or foil, randomly lay out the obtained pieces of dough, trying to make a common layer of the same thickness.
- How exactly you spread the dough will affect the final appearance of the dessert: you can make a wide layer, which you will then need to cut into pieces, or you can immediately form small cookies. The duration of their baking at a temperature of 180 degrees without additional convection - no more than 15 minutes., To obtain an orange-brown color. The smaller and thinner the pieces, the shorter the waiting time.
- While baking reaches the desired state in the oven, open the jar with boiled condensed milk, put its contents in a bowl. Add the remaining butter and sour cream, mixer at a slow speed for 3-5 minutes. make the mass as homogeneous as possible.
- Reddened liver should be given 5-10 minutes. cool, after which it should be broken as small as possible and pour into a beating cream. It is better to combine the components with a spoon in order not to turn the already small pieces into crumb: they should simply be completely covered with condensed milk.
The last step is to turn the bowl with the cake ingredients over a large dish to form a natural slide, which you can adjust if necessary with your hands to give the desired shape. Before serving, the dessert is recommended to be cooled for 1.5-2 hours, which will allow the cream to finally soak the cookies and frost. If desired, you can add ground walnuts here.
Quick biscuit dessert in 10 minutes without baking
In Soviet times, this dessert was loved primarily for the speed of its preparation and the ability to use almost any food from the refrigerator and cabinets. If you didn’t have time to make cookies on your own, break into pieces any cravings, biscuits, butter cookies, or even straws. It was much more difficult to replace condensed milk, however some hostesses cooked it independently from cream and sugar, added cocoa, poppy seeds, nuts, dried fruits to it. And so many options for its design exists! An express version of an ant-made cake without cookies is shown below.
- Cracker or salted straw - 500 g
- Butter - 70 g
- Condensed milk - 1 bank
- Cocoa - 1 tbsp.
- Cedar nut - 50 g
- As in the classic recipe, condensed milk is recommended to cook by yourself, but to save time, you can use the ready-made option. Put it out of the jar in a metal container, put it in a water bath and warm it up for 5 minutes. This is necessary in order to make the mass more malleable, since the store-cooked condensed milk is very dense and poorly distributed without pressure.
- Break the biscuit or straw into large pieces, pour it into the blender together with the kernel of the pine nut and scroll through it before grinding. However, do not overdo it - you need to get not a crumb, but just the same and small parts.
- Combine condensed milk with soft butter and cocoa, beat with a mixer at medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Put nuts and cookies here, spoon all the ingredients together and put them on a prepared plate in the form of a slide.
An alternative design involves separate grinding of nuts and cookies: in this case, you first need to make a wide thick "base" on a plate of cookies with cream, then sprinkle some of the nuts on it, cover with a smaller diameter layer of cookies and cream, then add nuts again. Alternate these layers until all products are used. Last should be a layer of "cream biscuits".
You can cool the cake for 1-2 hours, if he was preparing for the sudden arrival of guests. However, the traditional recipe implies a waiting time of 12 hours, which allows the cream to completely saturate the base and make the dessert “body” uniform, not crumbling. For express options, it is better to make small portion cakes that do not have to be cut.
- The most important moment that will determine how tasty the "anthill" will turn out is the quality of condensed milk and sour cream. Condensed milk should not contain anything except cream and sugar (it is especially important to follow the lack of vegetable fats), and sour cream professionals are advised to choose fat content of 15% or more. Of course, the "anthill" is not the most dietary dessert, but you should not try to "relieve" it with low-fat sour cream: it is better to just eat a smaller piece.
- On the whole, little is said about butter for this cake and pastry, but in vain - its fat content should not be less than 82.5%, since its other versions are a mixture of butter and margarine, which negatively affects the taste of the dish. And if, after heat treatment, this is usually imperceptible, then the cream based on this oil often becomes absolutely not tasty.
- You can not ignore the importance of the correct proportion of ingredients for the cream: in the classic "anthill" according to GOST, 360 g of condensed milk accounts for 200 g of butter. If nuts are added here, they are taken 70-75 g. Sugar can be added to this mass of icing sugar in a volume of up to 200 g.
- Cookies for the "anthill" can be not only sandy, but milky, like cakes from the dining room - then it turns out more crumbly and tender. The recipe will look like this - 50 g of butter and milk, 100 g of sugar, an egg and 300 g of flour. The amount of butter and milk can be varied, but in total they should weigh at least 100 g.
In conclusion, it should be said that it is difficult to find out which of the recipes for the cake "anthill" is the most accurate. At the moment when he thought, there was no clear need to write down and officially legitimize the ingredients, so from whatever you cook it, if the composition contains cookies and condensed milk, laid out in a heap, it will be the same dessert.