Adjika is a national Abkhazian dish that can be easily prepared by almost any hostess. To do this, it is not necessary to have any special culinary skills or acquire expensive exotic products. Enough with patience and the desire to make a delicious homemade adjika.
Adjika comes from Abkhazia
- Sea or simple salt (not iodized) - 1 kg
- Freshly ground coriander - 1 tbsp.
- Garlic - 500 g
- Chilli pepper - 4.75-5 kg
- We take a simple clean towel and lay out a thin layer of pepper on it, leave it for 3 days to dry.
- After a couple of days, take coriander and grind. Apply a small amount of vegetable oil on your hands and wear rubber gloves. In no case should we forget about the gloves, because the pepper will burn much.
- My already dried peppers and carefully clean them from seeds and partitions, as they are not needed. Then we wash the peppers again to accurately remove all residues from the seeds, and remove the stalks.
- Peel the garlic and pass it along with the pepper through a meat grinder, then mix the mixture with the already chopped coriander and pass it through the meat grinder 2 more times.
- Add salt and mix well.
- You can store the prepared adjika in glass jars, plastic containers or roll up for the winter, but for this, the jars will need to be sterilized.
Unique flavored sauce
Taking the adjika recipe as a basis, each housewife will be able to add something of their own, resulting in a unique and inimitable sauce. For example, a delicious combination is obtained with chopped walnuts or hop-suneli. To prepare adjika according to the following recipe, you need to use only fresh spicy herbs.
- Coarse salt - 2-2.5 st. l
- Garlic - 250-300 g
- Fresh greens of coriander, parsley, basil, dill - 60 g of each component
- Chilli - 500 g
- First, carefully wash the peppers, put them on a plate covered with paper napkins or a towel so that they absorb all the excess water.
- Then carefully remove all the stalks, and the seeds should remain inside the peppers, they should not be cut.
- Peel the garlic and carefully wash the greens, then dry it.
- We skip all components through the meat grinder several times (it is not recommended to use a food processor or a blender for this purpose).
- We shift the mixture into a glass container and cover with a lid, but not very tightly (you can use enameled dishes). Leave for 3-4 days in the room. At this time, products will be fermented and all excess moisture will evaporate.
- After the specified time, it is necessary to expand the adjika into prepared jars and close with simple plastic caps.
- Rolling is not necessary, as adjika is perfectly stored in the refrigerator.
Spicy adjika to meat
- Blue fenugreek - 2 tbsp. l
- Dill seeds - 1 tbsp. l
- Zira (Cumin) - 1.75-2 Art. l
- Coriander - 3.75-4 Art. l
- Sea or rock salt (not iodized) - 1.75-2 Art. l
- Garlic - 1.5 large heads
- Hot pepper - 30 pods
- You need to choose large peppers. Wash peppers, clean the seeds, membranes, wash again, remove the stem. We shift on a dish, previously laid out with a paper towel, which will absorb all the excess water.
- Peel and wash garlic. Mince through pepper grill with garlic, salt and transfer to a separate container.
- Fry zira (cumin) and coriander in a dry frying pan. As soon as an intense flavor appears, you can remove the pan from the stove. Now we shift to dry and clean dishes and leave.
- Mix fenugreek and dill seeds with spices, grind it all together with a coffee grinder for 10 seconds - you need to make sure that the grinding is not very fine. If it is not possible to use the grinder, you can carry out this procedure in a simple mortar.
- All ground spices are mixed with pepper mass and mix until the mixture begins to thicken.
- We shift the ready adjika to the prepared jars in advance and cover with lids.
- Store adjika can be in the refrigerator for several weeks.
The recipe of this Abkhaz adzhika
- Salt - to taste
- Nuts to taste
- Garlic - 6-9 cloves
- Savory Seeds - 8-12 g
- Basil Seeds - 8-12 g
- Dill seeds - 8-12 g
- Cilantro seeds - 12-18 g
- Capsicum - 450-550 g
- Pepper seeds are cleared of seeds (you can use not only fresh, but also dried pepper), we remove the stems and membranes.
- To adjika was not very spicy, you need to pour the pepper with warm water, cover with a lid, put the load and leave for a couple of hours.
- After a specified period of time, simply pour out the water and grind the pepper with all the spices (you can skip through the meat grinder) until a mass of pasty state with a pleasant spicy aroma is obtained.
- Very tasty adjika is obtained if you grind all the ingredients in a simple mortar, thanks to which essential oils stand out, which have a positive effect on the taste of the finished seasoning. And if you use a meat grinder, then skip all the ingredients through it a couple of times.
- In order for the resulting mass to retain its viscosity, you need to add a few walnuts during grinding, which also wear out (about 30-50 g).
- If desired, during cooking you can add some fresh herbs (for example, cilantro, parsley, basil and dill).
- You can store the finished adjika for quite a long period of time in a glass container, under a tightly closed lid.
In order to prepare a real Abkhaz adjika will not require a lot of effort, time or knowledge. All the recipes of the national cuisine of this nation are very simple, but at the same time, they are extremely tasty. The sauce is prepared from the available products, well kept and harmoniously complements the dishes of meat and vegetables.