Appearance white stripes on the nails may have many causes. To find out the reason for the appearance of white stripes on the nails, it is necessary to analyze your lifestyle. According to folk signs, the more white stripes on the nails, the happier life will be, but it is not so!
Doctors call white stripes on the nails leukonychia and subdivide its superimposed and true staining. True staining is a sign of dysfunction of the nail matrix. It happens very rarely. As a rule, a person observes small white dots on the nails that have arisen during maturation of the cells of the matrix. In other words - the nail just grows.
If sometimes 2-3 white stripes appear on the nail, which are clipped together with the regrown nail and no longer appear, this indicates an outbreak of nutrients in the body. You need to worry when there are a lot of white stripes on your nails, and they do not pass for a long time.
White stripes on the nails: the causes of
- White stripes on the nails, as a rule, appear in people who regularly sit on hard diets. During the diet, the body does not receive enough vitamins and minerals, so their deficiency affects the nails.
- Incompatibility of vitamins and trace elementsmay also cause white stripes on the nails. Some vitamins and vitamins may not be absorbed among themselves. In order not to miss with vitamin-mineral complexes, consult with your doctor, who will analyze your health and prescribe appropriate vitamins.
- Malfunction of the gastrointestinal tractmay contribute to the appearance of white stripes on the nails. Because of this, many products can not be absorbed by the intestines, which leads to a deficiency of essential vitamins such as A, C, E, vitamins of group B, zinc, calcium, iron, selenium, silicon, potassium, sulfur and iodine. All these vitamins are necessary for the growth of nails. If the body is deficient in these vitamins, white stripes will appear on the nails. The excess of these vitamins and minerals It may also affect the state of the nail plate.
- Depression, stress, nervousness, shock, and other mood swingsmay affect health, including the condition of the nails. White plates on the nails warn that health is not in the best condition, and you need to change something in your life.
- Oftenwhite stripes on the nails may appear due to nail damage. Incorrect manicure, frequent cutting of the cuticle, pinched fingers, etc. - all this may affect the health of the nails.
- In women after childbirthhormonal changes may occur, due to which white stripes appear on the nails.
- Deficiency of proteins in the bodymay cause white stripes on the nails. Proteins are eliminated from the body through the kidneys, and their lack can cause chronic renal failure. So, if you are visited by regular white stripes on the nails, it is good to see a doctor and check the kidneys.
- White stripes on the nails can tell a person about weak lungs. and be due to hormonal failure.
- White stripes on the nails appear due excess blood sugar or intense carbohydrate metabolism.
White stripes on the nails: treatment
You can get rid of white stripes on the nails with the help of folk remedies.. If you doubt that the appearance of white stripes on the nails is not associated with health problems, consult a doctor to prevent the development of the disease and get rid of white stripes on the nails.
- You can remove the white stripes on the nails with garlic. Razorte nails in a hot tub. Take a clove of garlic, cut it in half and carefully rub the nails. To facilitate the procedure, garlic can be rubbed on a fine grater and make masks for nail polish.
- Mix 1 tbsp. hot water and 1 tbsp. sea salt. When sea salt is completely dissolved in water, put your hands in the bath for 20 minutes.
- Preheat 0.5 tbsp. olive oil. Add 1 tablespoon to the heated oil. lemon juice. Stir until smooth and dip into hands for 15 minutes. After the procedure, lubricate the nails with fish oil or castor oil..
- Prepare a weak solution of potassium permanganate. Every day for 3 weeks, make these trays for 20 minutes. At the end of the bath lubricate your nails with tea tree oil.
Since the main reason for the appearance of white stripes on the nails is a lack of vitamins, it is recommended to follow a diet and eat as many foods as possible containing vitamins A, E and C, as well as with trace elements calcium, zinc and iron.
See also: Longitudinal stripes on the nails of the hands: causes
Watch the condition of your nails, then you will know about your health and be able to prevent the development of unpleasant diseases.