White spots on the lips under the skin are not always signs of the disease. If they do not cause discomfort and do not itch, this is most likely an ordinary cosmetic defect. Let's analyze the main causes of the appearance of white spots and consider the methods of their treatment.
White dots on lips under skin - what is it?
In dermatology, there are many names for white spots under the skin of the lips: Fox-Fordyce granules, seborrheic cysts, Fordyce and Delbanco's disease. But is it a disease? According to the generally accepted solution of physicians, Fordyce granules are the norm, are not infectious, and do not cause complications in the body's work. Such formations most often occur in the male half of humanity, but according to research data, 35% of women are also susceptible to this disease.
Fordyde granules on the lips: causes and symptoms
The causes of white spots on the lips are still not fully understood. It is assumed that they appear as a consequence of such pathologies and external factors:
- blockages of the sebaceous glands;
- genetic predisposition;
- sebaceous hyperplasia;
- hormonal disruptions in the body;
- insufficient hygiene;
- soft tissue injuries.
Seborrheic cysts on the lips have the appearance of small, dense acne of a white or yellowish hue and somewhat rise above the surface of the skin. They can be localized not only on the lips, but also on the genitals, nipples and armpits. The only discomfort that a person suffers from such a disease is moral.
There is still no treatment that would give a 100% guarantee of the disappearance of Fordyce granules on the lips. All existing methods are for the most part prevention with a short-term effect.
Good clinical results have been shown by such drugs as Retin-A and jojoba oil. They prevent the emergence of new granules and eliminate existing ones.
Many modern clinics offer to get rid of Fordyce's disease by methods such as:
- laser removal;
- microcurrent electrocoagulation - the impact of alternating current on the affected areas of the lips;
- cryotherapy - removal of white spots with liquid nitrogen.
All methods are completely painless and are carried out under local anesthesia, but in 90% of cases relapse is possible in 3-4 years.
Another way to get rid of this unpleasant cosmetic defect can be tattooed lips. You can do this simple procedure in any beauty salon.-
In medicine, there are also cases when the white spots under the skin of the lips passed by themselves due to age-related changes in the body.
In no case should not try to squeeze out the white dots. It is impossible to get rid of them by this method, and the result may be the occurrence of inflammatory processes and the formation of scar tissue.
It is also worth noting that certain results are obtained by treating white spots on the lips under the skin with folk remedies. Let's look at the most effective methods:
- Compress from coltsfoot and aloe leaves. It must be applied 2 times a day. Achieve a visible result will be about a week.
- Mutton fat. It must be melted in a water bath, put on white dots and massaged for 30 minutes. The procedure must be done daily. The effect is achieved after the second use.
- Propolis oil. It should be applied to the lips 2-3 times a day. It is sold in any pharmacy.
- Ointment based on mummy. Mumie tablet should be crushed in a mortar and mixed with melted liquid honey. Apply to the affected lip area for 10 minutes. Before applying the ointment, you can process the granules with fir oil.
- Onion. It needs to be smeared with honey and baked in the oven. Used in the form of a half-hour compress. To achieve certain results, you need to go about 5 sessions.
- Olive oil: 1 tsp. mix with 1-2 drops of vitamin E and jojoba oil and apply on white spots for 20 minutes. Rinse the mixture with warm water.
Garlic-based ointment for Fordice granules:
- Peel 3 cloves of garlic and pass through the press.
- Add ½ tsp. vegetable oil and mix well.
- Apply to the affected area of the lips with a cotton swab for about 1 month.
It is important to know that all the above methods do not cure the white spots under the skin, but only make them less noticeable.
There are no special recommendations on preventive measures to prevent the appearance of Fordyce granules on the lips. The only advice that a dermatologist can give is to adhere to a healthy lifestyle and get rid of the harmful habit of smoking.
As it turned out, Fordyce granules cannot be considered a special disease, but rather it is a common cosmetic defect within normal limits. Therefore, it is up to you to decide whether to remove the white points in a medical way or use folk remedies. Or maybe you need to wait a bit and after a while they will disappear themselves? Be healthy!