The sweatshirt is one of the sweaters, only it is designed like a sweatshirt. The name of this item comes from a combination of 2 English words "sweater" (sweater) and "shirt" (shirt). Sweatshirts from dense knitwear are sewn, sometimes it is insulated from the inside with nap, fleece, Polartek, etc. Ornaments, various prints, logos of colleges and universities are used as decoration.
Sweatshirts are divided into women's, men's and children's. The main differences of the model are: free cut, lack of fasteners, long sleeves such as raglan, neckline - round, hood and patch pockets (but this is more common in modern models), V-shaped insert from a wide elastic band under the neck, which is also used on the sleeves and belts. In sports models, insertion is needed to prevent neck stretching, in ordinary it is a decorative element.
Sweatshirts appeared back in the 20s of the last century. The son of a famous entrepreneur Benjamin Russell once complained that he was hot and uncomfortable to train in a wool sweater. He was a member of the university football team. And Benjamin himself was the owner of a company that produces underwear. After the complaint of his son, the entrepreneur came up with a model of a jacket made of natural material and called it a “sweatshirt”. Such jackets very soon gained popularity, first among players of football teams, and after in the 60s of the 20th century, students, actors and public figures began to wear them. This item of clothing can be found in many films of those times.
Nowadays, sweatshirts are transferred from the category of sportswear to casual wear. They are found on the catwalks of the world and are produced by many well-known trademarks. This model is especially fond of young people who are looking for comfort, convenience and style in clothes.
What can women wear with a sweatshirt?
With this item of clothing you can create many different images in sports, street and casual style. In general, you can wear them with almost everything, except for the clothes of classical, office and business styles. So what are the things the women's wardrobe will best be combined with a sweatshirt?
- Long chiffon skirt. A solid sweatshirt that does not have bright and catchy prints will look harmonious with it. The sleeves of the jacket can be rolled up, and heeled sandals worn over light socks will look great on your feet. Finish the image of a light handbag or clutch.
- Breeches, shorts, leggings, pants, jeans. These elements in combination with a sweatshirt help create a sporty look. You can wear sneakers or sneakers on your feet. But with sports trousers it is better not to wear a sweatshirt, otherwise the image will be overloaded, it is better to combine it with feminine clothes. The sports skirt will look quite harmonious, unlike sports trousers. Accessories should be as small as possible, and they should not be evident, let it be a watch or a large ring.
- Skinny pants. They can be made of cotton, denim, linen or even satin. It will turn out as a result an image in casual style. Moreover, such trousers should be uniform, and shoes should be selected on a low sole - shoes, ballet shoes, moccasins.
- Silk or leather skirt, or a skirt of any other lightweight material. This image looks advantageous due to the contrast of materials. Complement his low-heeled sandals, feminine handbag and sunglasses. The skirt can be not only monophonic, but also with a print.
- Midi skirt. Get a casual look. Shoes must be on heels or platform.
- Jacket or turtleneck. The latter can be worn under the product, besides it will be warmer. And with the jacket the image will be interesting and unusual.
- The dress. It will look good with a translucent model. And if the print on the sweatshirt, the dress or its straps are something similar, then the image will turn out to be romantic. Neatly combed hair, a properly selected make-up and patent leather heel boots complete the toilet.
- Cropped trousers, especially cream-colored, perfectly match with a gray-gray sweater, and you can wear a blue or denim blouse under it. A green knit hat, short leather gloves, a medium black leather bag and black pointed toe shoes will complete the look.
- Leather pants. They will look good with a light brown sweatshirt. Black rough boots with a steady heel, a hat of light brown color will be an excellent addition. Such an image will be defiant and suitable for brave women.
- Recently, velor sweatshirts are becoming more and more common in stores. What is the most advantageous to wear this item of clothing?
- Brogues and pencil skirt. And shoes with high heels. Jewelry and accessories should be the minimum number, but still they should be. At least a wide bracelet, a massive plastic ring and black earrings, also made of plastic.
- Panty hoses. They look great with long sweatshirts. In some cases, you can wear a hat or cap. As shoes fit sneakers on the platform or arrowroot, chelsea boots;
- Shorts. They will be the summer option. Under the sweatshirt you can wear a T-shirt or a T-shirt, and as an accessory you can choose a small backpack or sports bag.
- Skirt. Lush short mini skirt in combination with this element will allow you to go on vacation or a walk.
Men's sweatshirts: with what to combine?
Nowadays, many popular brands produce not only women's but also men's sweatshirts. Prints on them can be very diverse: colorful and geometric shapes, brand icons, themed pictures. Men's sweatshirts will be perfectly combined with trousers, jeans, shorts, breeches. As shoes, you can choose sneakers, boots with a thick sole and classic sneakers.
Also, under the bottom of this item of clothing, you can wear a loose shirt, and a leather or denim jacket over the top, and oxfords on your feet. Such an image will turn out not only stylish, but also warm. Moreover, men can wear sweatshirts not only for going to the gym, but also for a business meeting. But when choosing clothes it is necessary to take into account the material from which it is made, often it is cotton or polyester, because these fabrics are the most comfortable and popular. But sweatshirts can be sewn from more warmed fabrics - for a cool season.
It is not necessary to deprive such attention of such a wardrobe detail as a sweatshirt. It can not only warm up in cold seasons, but also help you create a new original set with your other things. Do not be afraid to experiment, the main thing - do not lose your sense of proportion and style, then your image will always be brilliant!