If the hair falls out, it means that they warn about health problems! The noticeable loss of lush head of hair can signal various disturbances in the activity of organs and systems. There is a rate of hair loss per day for women, and if it is exceeded, it is worth thinking about helping your locks and the whole body.
The problem of excessive hair loss can occur at any age. The sooner the process is noticed, the easier it is to stop it. The main thing is not to ignore the signs of enhanced fallout, but to deliberately and actively counteract this.
Hair loss: the norm or diagnosis?
Update and fallout are interrelated elements of a single process. The life cycle of each hair is from 2 to 7 years. After the allotted time has expired, one hair is separated from the follicle, and in its place the other begins to grow. It happens all the time. How much hair do you normally get per day? Daily loss is from 60 to 150 pcs.
At different periods of life and under the influence of external factors, these processes have different intensity. The rate of hair loss per day in women is an unstable indicator, depends on the state of health and other circumstances. Usually curls lose density under these conditions:
- changes in hormonal levels (puberty, childbearing and postnatal adaptation, menopause);
- the use of potent drugs (chemical and radiation therapy, antibiotics);
- nervous breakdowns, depression, emotional exhaustion;
- overwork, great physical or mental stress;
- frequent exposure to high temperature (blow-dry, piling, ironing);
- lack of vitamins;
- negative environmental impact (ultraviolet, polluted ecology);
- an imbalance of nutrition (especially curls with mono diets);
- hairstyles, in which hair is tightly attached (tails, dreadlocks, multiple pigtails);
- heredity. Not so long ago, this factor was considered the main cause of excessive hair loss. However, today stresses and aggressive external factors are recognized as the main provocateurs of weakening hair.
If the process of hair loss began to cause anxiety, you need to calculate the loss. Experts advise this method:
- Do not wash your hair for 3 days.
- In the morning of the 4th day, count the hair that remained after sleeping on the bed, clothes.
- Cover the drain hole of the bath with a strainer and wash your hair.
- The amount of hair dropped in the bath is added to what was found on the bed.
- Dry the curls without a hairdryer by combing it with a wooden comb. Add the hairs remaining on the ridge to the quantity obtained earlier.
- Comb in the evening before bedtime and count all the fallen hairs.
The overall result will show the average hair loss per day. If there is no time for this method, you can simplify the calculation:
- Do not wash your hair for 4-5 days.
- Pick up the hair on your head with both hands.
- Lightly pull the strands.
- Count the hairs remaining in the palms. If less than 5 pieces are pulled out, these are normal indicators.
It is important not only how much hair per day is normal, but also how it looks. If the losses are connected with the renewal of the hair, then on one side of the hair that has fallen out, you can see a bright thickening - an onion. A bad sign is considered if the bulb is dark in color, that is, hair is lost, which has not yet passed its life cycle. It is also not very good if the hair does not have a thickening. This means that the loss occurred due to the fragility, which is usually caused by frequent staining, styling and other types of effects on curls.
No need to put up with a strong fallout. It is necessary to seek advice from a specialist - trichologist. In addition, it is advisable to consult with a therapist, endocrinologist, dermatologist. After all, hair loss is a symptom of many diseases. Only after the diagnosis is determined are optimal treatment methods.
Usually the process of hair loss is a natural way to renew hair. The indicators, which are defined as a standard, are very approximate, but they can be roughly oriented. Independently calculate the "personal losses" is not difficult. The results provide an opportunity to find out how healthy the curls are and whether they require additional care and treatment.