A snow-white smile is not just an example of a modern standard of beauty. This is a sign of health, which is always in fashion. If our great-grandmothers had a limited number of teeth whitening methods, now the choice is great. You can seek help from a dentist or use traditional methods. Among them - teeth whitening with hydrogen peroxide.
Many women used peroxide to lighten their hair. It turns out that by the same principle it acts on the teeth. This use of this substance has been found for a long time. This method was extremely popular in the XIX century.
Peroxide belongs to weak acids. It can be found in many dental bleaching products, in toothpastes. The only difference is in concentration.
You can use not only the peroxide solution, but also special tools based on it. In most cases, they are sold in pharmacies without a doctor's prescription. These include caps, gels and strips for whitening. When professional teeth whitening never use peroxide in its pure form. Usually it comes in the composition of multicomponent preparations. At the same time, other substances soften its action and protect enamel. This does not reduce the effectiveness of the whitening properties.
People who decide to use peroxide to whiten their teeth at home, often in their reviews complain of dry lips, minor burns. At the same time, many recognized its effectiveness. In any case, it is better to carry out such procedures after consulting with a specialist.
Recipe for teeth whitening with hydrogen peroxide
Total There are two ways to use peroxide for teeth whitening. The first is more radical. After you brush your teeth, rinse your mouth with liquid. Then spit out peroxide and rinse the mouth cavity with warm water.
- A similar recipe for teeth whitening with hydrogen peroxide is a mouthwash with a solution. But as a conditioner they make a mixture of the active substance and water. The ratio of ingredients should be 1: 1. Teeth brush fluoride paste, rinse with water, then caress the agent. Then spit it out and rinse your mouth with water. This procedure must be repeated daily. You can rinse your mouth with a weak peroxide solution. The liquid is mixed with water 1: 2, add a little soda and salt. This composition should rinse the mouth. Then brush your teeth with a soft brush.
- Another way involves using soda.Peroxide and soda mixed. It should make a thick paste. The mixture is then applied to the surface of the teeth with a cotton swab. This should be done very carefully so as not to hurt the gums. Next, you need to wait 2 minutes and wash off the paste. Rinse your mouth and brush your teeth with fluoride toothpaste. Use this method with caution. It is necessary to check if there is an allergic reaction. To do this, before using a paste of peroxide and soda is applied for some time on the skin. Some brush their teeth this way. It is not safe, because can damage the enamel.
- During the bleaching procedure there may be strange sensations, similar to tingling and slight burning. Usually they pass quickly. The liquid can foam strongly and fizz a little - this is a normal reaction. Second whitening recipe hydrogen peroxide for those who can not decide to rinse. After brushing your teeth, they are wiped with a cotton pad dipped in peroxide. The effect of the procedure is not immediately noticeable, but after 2-3 weeks.
- It is important to go to a dentist for a consultation before you start self-bleaching. This is due, to a greater degree, not to the danger of peroxide itself, but to some contraindications. Often they are individual, a doctor will help to establish them. Do not use peroxide in teeth whitening for people with very sensitive enamel. After the procedure, her condition may deteriorate significantly. This also applies to those who have thin enamel. Such whitening is also contraindicated for people with problem and damaged gums.
- This method also has side effects. Peroxide can affect the structure of the tooth. It can thin and destroy enamel, have a bad effect on dentin. After bleaching may increase the sensitivity of the teeth. Also, if used improperly, minor burns of the gums may occur.
- It should be remembered that hydrogen peroxide should be used in a concentration not higher than 3%. It can not be swallowed when rinsing! Mouth must be rinsed after each use. You can eat only 30 minutes after bleaching.
The procedure of teeth whitening is recommended to do no more than 1 time per year for 2-3 weeks. Otherwise, you can significantly damage the enamel. Peroxide store in a sealed package, in contact with air, it loses its properties. Be sure to discuss tooth whitening with your dentist. Carefully care for your oral cavity, to always give others a wonderful healthy smile!