Frightened by the abundance of information about the dangers of various dyes, preservatives and other chemicals in hair care products, we are increasingly turning to natural cosmetics. The tar soap, which has been used in medicine and cosmetology since ancient times, is not left without attention. They say that it saves from a variety of problems: it relieves dandruff, stops hair loss, accelerates their growth.
Useful properties of tar soap
In good tar soap, the content of natural birch tar is at least 10%. This determines the healing qualities of the product itself. After all, the tar that is extracted from the bark of such trees as beech, juniper, pine and, of course, birch is a storehouse of useful substances. Its composition has more than ten thousand useful components. These are disinfectants, such as phytoncides and creosols, phenol, famous for its excellent antiseptic effect, and guaiacol - an element that stops the processes of decay.
Tar soap, due to such a rich combination of antiseptic and disinfectants, is indicated for increased sensitivity of the scalp, dandruff. It has healing properties, nourishes the hair roots, increases blood circulation. Due to this, the hair becomes stronger, thicker and stronger, and grows much faster.
Tar soap in hair care
- Using tar soap in hair care is quite simple. Beat the required amount of soap suds in your hands, apply to your hair, massage and rinse. After that, you can use your usual hair balm.
- Remember that tar soap strongly dries hair and scalp. Therefore, it should not be used more than twice a week. And if you use healing soap only for the purpose of prophylaxis, then one time is enough. In this case, remember that the use of tar soap constantly instead of shampoo is not recommended. From time to time, replace the soap with another hair wash.
- Be prepared for the fact that a positive result of the use of tar soap will not appear immediately, perhaps even after a couple of months. At the first use, while the hair is not used, your curls are likely to look even worse than before using the product. It is worth paying special attention if you have an important date or a special event. In this case, it is best to postpone for a while experiments using tar soap.
- Some people are afraid to use tar soap to wash their hair because of its peculiar smell. In fact, this is not a problem. The strong aroma of tar is felt only during washing of the head or from damp hair. Once your curls are dry, the unusual smell will disappear completely or become almost elusive.
- But in the bathroom to keep tar soap open is not worth it, a strong smell of tar will stay there for a very long time. It is best to store fragrant soap in a closed container.
- Choosing tar soap as a means to care for your curls, remember that it is best suited for owners of oily hair, because, as already mentioned, the soap dries hair heavily. Some experts even believe that tar soap for dry hair is extremely harmful!
- In any case, you can always try, whether the tar soap is effective for your hair. The tool is inexpensive, with proper use and with the necessary indications, can show excellent results.
Rules for the use of tar soap for washing hair
In order for the use of tar soap for hair to bring you only benefit, you need to follow simple rules:
- Use tar soap with caution if you have dry hair. Weigh the pros and cons, it is possible for you to abandon this remedy altogether.
- If you want to get rid of dandruff with tar soap, first of all, determine its type. When dry dandruff soap will bring only harm.
- Be sure to take breaks in the use of tar soap, replacing it from time to time with a shampoo that suits you.
- Most often, when using tar soap for hair care, women face the same problems. Hair is badly washed, lose shine, become rigid and disobedient. These disadvantages are easy to eliminate.
- The effect of glued hair can be from the fact that the hair is not accustomed to the soap, the composition of which is somewhat different from the composition of the shampoo. In this case, wash your head for the first time with soap and the second time with your regular shampoo. Over time, your hair will get used to the soap. If not, then you can simply choose a suitable tar shampoo.
- Hair loses shine due to the fact that they are covered with a thin soap film or dry out. In this case, after washing the head, it is good to use apple vinegar for rinsing. Choose high quality apple cider vinegar. It will be enough to dilute the conditioner at the rate of: 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to 1 cup of water (preferably boiled!). Blondes can use lemon juice to rinse. He will not only make the hair soft and shiny, but also give them a pleasant shade.
- Hard hair is the problem that is easiest to solve. Use after washing hair moisturizing mask or balm.
Due to the tar content, tar soap helps with excessive fat, dandruff, hair loss. Appreciate the gifts of nature and use natural hair care products!