Not every girl can turn to hairdressers every day, but everyone wants to look beautiful, well-groomed and stylish. Hair styling should emphasize individuality, be in harmony with clothes, makeup and fit the occasion. To look different every day, you need to experiment with hairstyles, having studied a few simple options for medium-length hair.
Hair styling at home: ways
The simplest installation is made using a diffuser. First, wash your hair and gently dry it with a hairdryer. In order not to damage the curls, use thermal protection. Apply a little foam to the hair or spray for volume. Using a diffuser, dry the strands by separating them with your fingers.
During the installation, be sure to lift the hair so that the hairstyle becomes more voluminous.
After drying, you can not comb your hair. At the end of styling sprinkle hair with lacquer, and gel or mousse for hair will help you to select individual strands.
Another simple styling can be done with a hair dryer. After washing the hair, dry the hair with this device without using attachments. When the strands dry out a little, use a nozzle, pull them out: dry from root to tip. If you want to make curls, take a brushing brush, wind a strand of hair on it and dry it with a hairdryer (first with warm, then cold air). You can fix the result with a varnish or a special spray.
For the 3rd method of styling medium-length hair, you need an iron. Wash your hair, dry it well and apply straightening serum. To straighten hair, take small strands and run the iron from top to bottom. The direction of the tips is controlled by turning the ironing in the desired direction. Straightening is recommended to start from the neck, gradually moving to the rest of the hair.
It is safe to iron the hair no more than 1 time in 20 seconds. Each type of curls corresponds to its own temperature. For thin and weak hair it is not recommended to make it more than 130 degrees. For healthy, thick and strong strands the ideal temperature will be 210 degrees. Wait for the hair to cool completely and fix the styling with varnish.
Girls who want to create a romantic and neat styling, you can make curls using a styler or curling. To protect the hair from hot temperatures, be sure to use thermal protection. It is better to create curls of different sizes in order to avoid the effect of artificial curls. Use small, medium and large nozzles.
To create feminine curls, wash your hair, curl your hair into bagel curlers and blow-dry. After 30 minutes, you can safely deploy curlers. After creating the hairstyle, do not brush your hair with a comb; rather, place it with your hands.
You can also create a simple elegant hairstyle that is suitable for an office or a walk. For such styling you need curlers. Separate the hair from one of the temples. Regarding the parting, comb the most of the hair onto its side and fix. Screw the tips of the hair on curlers or tongs. Secure the hair with lacquer.
Long-term styling for medium hair: how to do?
Long-term hair styling or, as it is also called, carving, allows you to create body waves from any hair for a long time. With the help of special compositions, hair gets volume. Thanks to the fruit acids that make up the solution, the curls are almost not damaged.
The procedure lasts about 2 hours. Hair curlers of the required diameter are wound, a special tool is applied and kept for a certain amount of time. The exposure time of curlers and composition will be different for different hair, depending on the length, volume, condition of the curls. Then the curlers are removed, the composition is washed off, and the hair is dried. The effect of carving lasts about 7 to 9 weeks, ensuring you the perfect styling.
It is best to do long-term styling in a beauty salon to minimize damage to your hair. If you decide to carry out the procedure of long-term laying at home, you will have to purchase the necessary components and follow the following instructions:
- Wash your hair in the usual way;
- Wind on the curlers;
- Apply a special compound over the entire head;
- Put on a warming cap or wrap a towel over your head;
- Remove the hair curlers and rinse with warm water;
- Apply fixative;
- Wash off the fixative;
- Apply hair balm.
After a long-term styling, it is recommended to refrain from using the shampoo for at least 3 days, carefully monitor the condition of the hair, nourish and moisturize it over the entire length. Only with proper care, carving will have a beautiful, healthy and well-groomed appearance.
Hair styling products: how to choose?
Modern cosmetics market offers consumers a huge selection of hair styling products. You can choose any, depending on the condition of the hair, the desired effect and cost.
- Foam and mousse - these products provide an easy and natural styling, giving volume to the hair. They are used for styling a hair dryer, modeling hair.
- Gel - is most often used to model short haircuts and to highlight individual strands in graded hairstyles. With it, you can create the effect of wet hair and enhance the shine of the strands. The gel does not give the hair volume, so it is not recommended for girls with thin and straight hair.
- Wax hair gives extra shine and allows you to place accents. The tool is applied as follows: a small amount is rubbed in the palms and distributed in the place of installation, which must be emphasized. Wax can not be applied to the roots and wet hair.
- Spray and varnish - they envelop the top layer, creating an invisible film that captures the hair. The varnish is sprayed only on dry and laid hair. Sprays are different, they can be applied to wet and dry hair.
- Straightening means - allow you to remove excess volume, creating the effect of elongated strands. Means are applied along the entire length. For greater effect after using the product, the hair is drawn out with an iron or a hairdryer.
The absolute leaders in the cosmetics market are the following manufacturers: Estel, L'Oreal, Shvarckopf, Redken, Wella, SessionLabel, Percy&Reed, Matrix, System Professional, Lush, Kerastase, Paul Mitchell, Aveda, Davines.
Medium length hair styling is easy! You can experiment with your curls, make different hairstyles, creating a new image every day. Try to try new styling, even if the first time you did not succeed. The ability to create the perfect hairstyle comes with experience!