It has long been no secret for anyone that almost all shampoos on the shelves of the stores contain almost half of the extremely harmful substance SLS-sodium lauryl sulfate. This substance is considered a particularly dangerous ingredient, which is added to many cosmetic, detergents, shower gels and shampoos. What is this substance? SLS actively affects the skin and hair structure, destroying the much-needed protein structure that is important for durability and beauty. Why add it? It's all about its low cost, and the substance forms a rich foam, which creates the effect of a good concentrated product. And manufacturers are not going to give it up. But really now spoil your hair with harmful substances? There is an exit: You can make your own shampoo. And then you do not have to suffer over the composition of the shampoo and do not worry about your hair.
Universal Shampoo Recipe
The only minus of such a shampoo is in its short shelf life, but it is not so bad as it is rather easy to prepare it again. Purchase a pharmacy base for shampoo, without various additives and perfume components. And you can instead take olive or glycerin soap, or the root of the soap grass.
Now main cast: base - 50 ml, base oil - 1 tsp, but with oily hair, you can not take it, essential oil - 20-25 drops, herbal decoction, 180 ml of water. You can also add egg yolk, honey, apple or aloe juice, but not more than two tablespoons. Now prepare the decoction of the grass, cool and add the remaining components. This shampoo can be used for a whole week, and if you add 1 teaspoon of vodka to it, it can be stored for up to a month. If you decide to make a foundation on soapy grass, then it should be cooked so, take 15 grams of milled grass root and add 180 ml of water, bring to a boil and boil for about 10 more minutes. Wait for the base to cool and pour it into the bottle for shampoo, then add the remaining ingredients and shake well.
Oil, herbs and essential oils should be selected based on your hair type.. So, you can add almond oil and grape seed oil to normal hair, take sage from herbs, and choose from essential oils orange oil, geranium, bergamot, lemon, neroli, rose, ylang-ylang, tea tree or pine needles. For dry hair, jojoba oil and grape seed oil, from lavender or coltsfoot herbs, from essential oil of geranium, orange, lavender, rose, neroli, rosemary. With such a problem as dandruff, you should take jojoba oil, castor oil or grape seed oil; you can take nettle, burdock, chamomile or calendula from herbs, chamomile, lavender, tea tree from essential oils, rosemary or eucalyptus for oily hair. To strengthen the hair as herbs you can take sage, basil, nettle and burdock, from the essential oils - lavender, lemon, cedar, rosemary, thyme, ylang-ylang, eucalyptus or sage.
Other homemade shampoo recipes
- This shampoo is extremely easy to prepare. Its components: soda - 1 tbsp. spoon, 1 egg, vodka - 2 tbsp. spoons, water - 150 g, a few drops of vinegar or lemon vinegar. Also in any homemade shampoo, you can add one pill of powdered aspirin, or soluble. It will make your hair silky, shiny and easy to comb.
- Another shampoo recipe for owners of normal hair - one egg yolk and gelatin - 1 tbsp. spoon. Gelatin pour cool water and leave to swell. Somewhere in half an hour the gelatin will swell, heat it in a water bath, bring to dissolve and strain. When the gelatin has cooled, add the yolk there. This shampoo should be foamed on the hair and maintained for 10 minutes. The recipe is suitable for oily and normal hair.
- For dry hair fit this recipe: gelatin - 1 tbsp. Spoon, apple cider vinegar - 1 hour spoon, a few drops of essential oils of jasmine and sage, water - 70 ml. Gelatin also fill with water and leave to swell, then add vinegar with essential oils. Rub into hair for 10 minutes, then rinse. After washing, you can rinse hair with water with drops of lemon juice or vinegar - on the table. spoon per liter of water.
- Here's another recipe for homemade shampoo with gelatin: gelatin - 1 tbsp. spoon, water - s. spoons, two yolks. Prepare as in the previous recipes and apply for 10 minutes on the head, then rinse with warm water. Hair after such a shampoo will get an incredible silkiness and density, because it contains a lot of important protein for hair.
- Banana shampoo - Ingredients: half a banana, 1 tbsp. a spoon of lemon juice, one egg yolk, but this composition is indicated for short hair, if you have long hair, then you need more components. Clean the banana from the peel and the top layer of pulp, as it can roll into lumps and get stuck on the hair when washing, then grind it in a blender, add yolk and lemon juice. This shampoo can be used at least every day, it washes hair perfectly and gives them shine and silkiness. Rinse with this shampoo can not be used, because lemon juice performs this function.
- You can also wash your hair with a natural dark beer, this shampoo helps especially well with hair loss. Rinse the hair first with warm water, then moisten the roots with a glass of beer, massage the scalp and leave the beer for 15 minutes on the hair. Then rinse hair with warm water and re-wet them with beer. Then comb your hair and let it dry. Beer does not leave a smell on the hair and is well absorbed.
You can use dry cleaning instead of washing your hair.. Dry hair washing is recommended for oily hair, as well as convenient in many situations, for example, on the road, when you can not wash your hair. Dry shampoos have long been commercially available, but you can make it yourself. To do this, you will need violet root, which tends to absorb fat. The root is ground to a powder and then rubbed into the hair roots. After that, carefully comb your hair to remove all the fat from it. Dry washing with potato starch, oatmeal, almond powder is less effective, but in the absence of violet root it is quite possible to use them.
Why poison your own hair chemistry and then wonder that they are of poor quality, if you can make the shampoo itself? In addition, it is cheaper, and its preparation takes a little time.