Eastern women at all times were famous for the ability to exquisitely emphasize their beauty, perfectly mastering the art of makeup. It is from the East that many elements of the modern make-up are borrowed. What is the eastern makeup and how to do it yourself?
For any oriental makeup, some features are characteristic:
- the presence of arrows. It is in them that lies the main secret of the almond-shaped eyes so desired by many women;
- black stroke. In all types of Eastern make-up, the eyes are always drawn in black ink on the inside of the eyelid — this also forms and underlines a particular cut;
- color palette. In this part of the world, a variety of colors is appreciated. Therefore, oriental makeup, in addition to the main black color, provides bright, often pearly shades. And if this style comes from Arab countries, glitter and rhinestones are appropriate in it.
If this kind of make-up looks bright on dark eastern girls, then on white-skinned western beauties it becomes even more rich, which, of course, puts it on the evening category. This makeup will be appropriate, rather, at various holidays, theme parties, at a romantic dinner.
This type of makeup is very different from other types, as it implies a very light (ideally white) skin tone and contrasting eyes and lips.
- Use a base of a light shade (but no more than 2 tones lighter than your skin) and powder of a light tone. The skin should be as smooth as porcelain. Apply foundation and lips, because lipstick will not cover them entirely.
- Take shades of a reddish, pink or coral shade and apply them on the outer corner of the eye - below and above, forming a triangle that pulls the eye in length.
- Using a black pencil or eyeliner on the upper eyelid, draw a clear and neat arrow, lift the tip upwards, towards the temple.
- For the lower eyelid, use a lighter shade of a pencil or shadow - the best is gray. Draw a neat line from the inner corner of the eye (preferably on the inner part of the eyelid, so that the eyes appear already) and darken it to the outer corner.
- Eyebrows should be quite thin, but smooth, without sharp bends of the shape, resembling a crescent.
- A distinctive feature of Japanese makeup - lips. They should look tiny and very bright. Use bright red or deep pink lipstick. Apply it, repeating the natural shape of the lips, but with indentation from the edge - so that the lips appear smaller. Another common lip shape in this makeup is in the form of a bow.
Unlike Japanese, Indian makeup is not so contrasted, but it assumes a wealth of colors. Often, shadows are used in tonal style alongside, and the robes in these parts are, as you know, very bright. The most used colors in this make-up are terracotta, yellow, brown, bronze, gold.
- The basis of Indian makeup is a smooth bronze skin. To create such an effect is possible due to the tonal means, powder and blush tint tan. Do not forget to cover the powder and eyelids - so the makeup will fall better and last longer.
- Take 2-3 shades of oily shadow texture. They should differ in saturation, but harmoniously combined in colors (pearl shadows are welcome). Apply them to the upper eyelid in this order: the lightest tone is on the edge of the eyelid at the nose and under the eyebrow, the middle one is in the center of the eyelid, the most saturated is on the outer edge. Brush blend shadows to get a smooth transition.
- Using a black liquid eyeliner, paint a graceful arrow, slightly extending towards the temple, along the upper eyelid. Also bring the lower eyelid - already a thinner line. The stroke should completely border the eye, giving it a beautiful, elongated shape.
- Paint black ink thickly, in several layers, eyelashes. You can use false eyelashes.
- Eyebrows should be a clear form, with a slight bend, fairly wide and long. You can correct them using a dark colored pencil.
- Lips in this type of makeup can be quite a bright shade, and their shape is necessarily emphasized with a soft pencil. Red and coral lipstick colors are preferred.
The make-up of Arabian and Indian women has a lot in common, and the only difference is that the first lips are always of a very calm color. But in decorating the eyes, these oriental beauties gladly use all sorts of bright colors: purple, green, pink, golden - in combination with the traditional black.
- Having created an even bronze skin tone and the shape of the eyebrows as in the Indian type of make-up, you can proceed to eye makeup.
- Apply light shadows on the corner of the eyelid from the nose and the central part of the eyelid, and on the outer edge of the upper eyelid - the darkest shade. Use a brush to form a feathered arrow rising to the temple.
- Use a liquid eyeliner to draw a clear, even arrow slightly expanding at the outer edge of the eyelid and slightly bending upwards (parallel to the arrow from the shadows).
- Gently stroke the entire eye with the same color.
- Apply a thick layer of mascara on your eyelashes or use artificial ones.
- Lips covered with a very calm shade of lipstick, preferably matte.
If bright colors are quite suitable for women with oriental appearance, then on light-skinned and light-eyed girls all this may look overly saturated and rough. Therefore, keeping the technique of oriental make-up, you can choose a range of colors for your type of appearance:
- replace black with brown or gray;
- for blue eyes you can use sand, plum, purple, rich blue shades;
- for green - lilac, dark green, yellow, coffee, copper, coral;
- for gray - green, gold, blue, brown;
- for brown - bronze, emerald, copper, blue, olive, brick.
Oriental makeup is a wonderful way to try to re-emphasize its beauty. Having mastered its main technique, you can experiment with colors and their combinations, creating as a result a completely unique image. The main thing at the same time is to take into account the peculiarities of your appearance and, selecting colors, make sure that they harmoniously combine with your natural colors.