When all professional tools cease to operate, people turn to popular recipes that have been tested for years, especially when it comes to beauty and health. A variety of herbs for hair was used by our grandmothers, and their thick braids have never been in doubt as to the effectiveness of the products used.
What is useful nettle infusion for hair?
Although few people like nettle because of its stinginess, there are no less nutrients in this plant than in other herbs. It is even eaten, and there is no talk about various decoctions based on it. The high content of ascorbic acid in nettles deserves special attention: even lemon is not marked by this level of vitamin C. In addition, it contains a good half of the chemical periodic table: here there is manganese, zinc, potassium, and chromium. And also copper, silicon, iron, iodine, sodium, vitamins of group B and K, carotene.
The therapeutic effect that nettle has on the hair due to such a number of trace elements is extensive. It is used to stop hair loss, and hence, to strengthen their bulbs. Nettle is also used to heal the hair, restore shine, vitality, prevent the opening of the cuticle and further exfoliation. In addition, nettle is able to prevent dandruff and eliminate the existing one.
Undoubtedly, here it is impossible to forget about a few nuances. First, a serious problem will require connection and other means: it is impossible to cure dandruff only with nettle or stop active hair loss. We'll have to start taking the vitamin complex, and turn to a number of herbs: otherwise the recovery process will be very long, because all natural products act gently, and therefore slowly.
The minimum course of such treatment is 3-4 weeks, and in some situations it is extended up to 2 months. Secondly, it is impossible to exclude possible allergic reactions to a specific component, which is confirmed by rare negative reviews of nettle as a medicine for hair and scalp.
A simple prophylactic nettle infusion can be used as a general tonic continuously, but at a frequency of 1 time per week. Even with the most harmless composition is undesirable to zealous, so as not to bring benefit to harm. Preparing the infusion is very simple: 1 liter of boiling water is poured into a saucepan, where 4-5 tablespoons are poured. l dry nettle leaves. For convenience of dosing, they can be turned into fine powder by grinding. The pot should be covered with a lid and wrapped in a towel, or placed in an oven preheated to 80 degrees, after turning it off: you only need to keep warm. After 2 h, you can use the infusion for its intended purpose, and you can enhance its properties, if in a liquid dissolve 1 tbsp. honey
Apply nettle infusion as follows: after washing the head, warm water is collected in a large basin, some amount of infusion is added to it (usually 5 liters of water - 0.5 l of product), and the hair is washed with the mixture, gently massaging the scalp. The procedure takes 2-3 minutes. After that, all the hair in the same water is rinsed, wrung out with a towel and dried without using a hair dryer.
It is important to remember that with a towel it is only necessary to remove excess moisture, but not to fray the hair to an almost dry state: it hurts them. Such preventive actions with nettle infusion contribute to the overall strengthening of the hair and the closure of their scales, which makes the surface smooth.-
How to grow long hair with nettle?
- Strong activator of hair growth can not be called nettle, because there are no substances capable of quickly awakening the bulbs, as is the case with pepper. However, nettle strengthens them well, which stops hair loss and also improves the structure of the hair, as a result of which it becomes denser. Therefore, even if the so-called undercoat does not grow, the natural density will be restored. The condition of the existing hair will significantly improve.
- However, it must be said that if hair loss is caused by internal problems - from diabetes to the endocrine system failures, nettle will not help. It can only give results when hair is damaged by external factors. To achieve this, you will need to use not only broths, but also nettle-based masks.
- Nettle juice - the main assistant for a thick braid, which means that the plant needs fresh. It is washed and passed through a garlic press, a juicer or a simple homemade press. You can do otherwise and chop the nettle with a knife, turning it into a mush, but then the plant is first boiled over with boiling water. Her or the resulting juice is applied to the scalp, gently rubbed. The head is wrapped in a plastic bag, on which a warm towel is applied. With this mask you need to sit for 1-2 hours, and then wash it off with warm water without using shampoo. By the way, stored nettle juice in the refrigerator is capable of up to 3 days.
- After washing the head, it is also necessary to use nettle, but already as a conditioner. For this purpose, a decoction is made, which is richer than the infusion considered earlier. In a saucepan, 4 liters of water are brought to the boil, 0.5 kg of stalks and nettle leaves are put into it (you can even dry them). Within 15-20 minutes, the contents of the pan should languish at low power (1/3 of the maximum) with the lid closed. Then the pan is removed from the heat and covered with a towel. After 1-1.5 hours, the decoction can be used: it is cooled to a comfortable temperature and with its help the hair is washed from the shampoo. Apply both juice and decoction can be 2 times a week. The use of any heating devices during treatment with nettle hair is prohibited.
Nettle is a great helper for oily scalp, as it normalizes acid-base balance and sebum production, which ultimately allows for less frequent washing of the head. For this purpose, a mask is made from nettle: 250 g of leaves and stems of a fresh plant are ground in a blender or crushed with a knife. To them it is necessary to fill 1 tbsp. coarse sea salt (iodized) and add 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar. The mixture is rubbed into the scalp for 1 minute, then the hair is wrapped with a towel and warmed up with a hairdryer (5-7 minutes). With a mask you need to stand for 30-45 minutes, then wash it off with warm water, without using shampoo. The use of this mask is allowed no more than 1 time per week.
Girls with normal and dry hair will like the following recipe: 100 g of dry nettle leaves are steamed with boiling water and mixed with egg yolk (1 pc.) And 1 tsp of honey. If there is fresh nettle, it is not necessary to fill it with water: just chop and combine with the rest of the mask components. If desired, you can add 1 tsp to the mixture. olive oil or avocado oil. By analogy with the previous recipe, a mask is applied to the hair through a light massage of the head, heat is added and washed off after half an hour.
And dandruff is easy to get rid of, if in 1 liter of water boil 2 tbsp. dry nettle leaves, then add bulb juice to them. The mixture is infused for 3 hours, the liquid is decanted into a free container and diluted with clean water before use. Apply it with the purpose of rinsing hair and scalp for 10-14 days. The ratio of water and decoction - 10: 3.
The effectiveness of decoctions, infusions and masks of nettle in relation to the health of hair prove and numerous reviews left on various portals by women and men who have tried these recipes.
- Anna: I would never have thought that such a cheap tool could work effectively! Even my colleagues noticed that my hair began to look better, they asked for the contacts of a hairdresser I visited. And my best "hairdresser" was nettle from my grandmother's garden.
- Yulia: I went through so many shampoos - almost the entire expensive prof. I had time to try out the care, and all my hair fell and fell. Mom told me about the nettle decoction, offered to do it. At first I reacted skeptically, and after the 3rd time I noticed that much less remains on the hair comb. I have been rinsing my hair for 2 months and doing netting masks: the loss has stopped completely.
Whether nettle will become your hair's best friend is impossible to predict. But even if she does not create a miracle, her support will not be superfluous. The main thing is to follow the systematic, without which all efforts will be in vain, and a positive result will not fail to appear in 2-3 weeks. Your hair will thank you!