Massage is the most effective way of relaxation. All problems and anxieties remain beyond the threshold of the massage room and in the hands of a specialist working wonders with his golden hands, we forget about the chagrin and relax. However, the massage is not so simple. It not only has the effect of relaxation, but also has healing properties. The main thing is to be able to apply it correctly.
An experienced massage therapist should have both massage technique and knowledge of how the effects of hands on the skin of various parts of the body affect the human body. That is, to have a good idea of the massage areas. After all, the mechanical effect on the body with the help of hands has a different effect, not only depending on the degree of effort applied and the choice of methods of massage, but also on the different perception of this effect by different parts of the human body.
- Classical massage is effective in eliminating edema, adhesions, and contributes to the acceleration of the regeneration processes of injured areas of the body. Massage restores tired muscle. Increases its performance. In addition, properly carried out, it strengthens the joints and ligaments.
- When performing a massage of any complexity, it is necessary to adhere to certain conditions and the order of the massage. A smooth transition from one area of the human body to another is necessary. Begin the procedure with the back area and gradually move to the head and cervical region. On the back of the body, the main areas are: the area of stroking, kneading the muscles of the scapula, rotational movements at the base of the neck, the area of the spinal muscles, the area of the muscles of the scapula, the area of the flat part of the scapula, the area of kneading the neck.
- Later, if the massage procedure is carried out correctly, the massage therapist proceeds to affect the lower back and buttocks. Here, the main zones are different: the lumbar region and the sacrum, the zone of impact on the lateral muscles, the kneading zone of the gluteal muscles, the tingling of the buttocks. It is very important not to overdo it when massaging the main areas of the spine. Here, boldly trust only to an experienced masseur, because the wrong massage can lead to disastrous results. The zone of rubbing the spine with the tips of the fingers and kneading the spine are considered significant.
- Not so essential area of stroking. After the spinal column, it is usually transferred to the forearm area. This is followed by the shoulder area, neck and head. Be careful with the front area. It has its own sub-sections, depending on the parts of the body: the area of the forehead, eyes, nose of eyebrows, cheeks, chin, chewing muscles, the area of muscles from cheeks to ears. Note that, of course, not everyone likes a full massage of the whole body, but it is very useful and, in addition to the relaxation effect, improves blood circulation and water exchange, normalizes well-being.
- After facial massage, smoothly go over to massage the limbs. As a rule, they start with their hands, and only then they go to their feet. Sometimes a foot massage is performed immediately after the back. After the massage of the above-mentioned parts of the body, the patient rolls over onto his back, and the massage therapist commits to the effects on the zones: ribs and chest, as well as the abdomen. The ribs are massaged in two subzones: strokes and the so-called intercostal.
- The abdomen is one of the most sensitive parts of the body. Impacts on it should be made with minimal effort. The digestive organs do not like a strong load. If you do not have the opportunity to visit a massage therapist, and at the end of the working day you think that the tension must be relieved manually, then self-massage will help. It is especially important for people who are predominantly sedentary.
How to make self-neck massage?
Care of the neck should begin in youth. Regular massage will help maintain the elasticity of the skin before the appearance of age-related changes. The neck muscles are massaged not only to relieve tension, but also mental and physical fatigue.
Start by stroking your neck. Press your palms firmly and make movements, starting from the hairline down to your shoulders. Repeat this exercise 5-6 times. Then kneading. Run it will help you fingertips. You press muscle to the bone with them and at the same time move it. The movements are smooth and light. It is necessary to work with the neck as carefully as with the spine and abdominal area. Then do 3-4 strokes and kneading again. After you have completed the above set of exercises, turn for shoulder girdle, stretch them from the ear to the side of the shoulder joint. Repeat 4-5 times. Then knead again. Knead muscle with fingers shifted to the side of the little finger.-
It is necessary to control so that the skin does not stretch.
Chin massage for those who have double chins
Start by stroking the outside of the brush from the top of the chin down to the throat. After that we start kneading. They perform the same external part of the brush. Press your fingers to your chin and in a circular motion move the skin first to one side, then to the other. Repeat 3-4 times. Then make tapping the outside of the fingers. Fingers should be relaxed. Complete the massage by stroking the hands of the entire surface of the chin.
The advantages of self-massage are as follows:
- simple to do;
- the setting of the event may be completely different to your taste;
- You can apply a different technique;
- massage time is not limited and is selected depending on the state of health.
Massage can be carried out both indoors and outdoors. Of course, if the weather allows. The body, at the same time, is saturated with oxygen. Body position should be comfortable. Keep your limbs from leaking. Do not put your head on the pillow. This is not correct, as the position of the spinal muscles will not represent a straight line. All movements must be performed in the direction of movement of the lymph. An important rule: to massage the lymph nodes is strictly prohibited. Self-massage is performed in the same sequence as a regular massage, which you can do a specialist. If you visit the massage room regularly, you will see the effect after two weeks. In this case, of course, regularity does not imply going to the massage therapist every day. Two or three times a week is enough. It is better to consult with your doctor on the method and purpose of massage. It is possible that some types of massage are contraindicated to you. Treat yourself responsibly and wisely. Only then the desired result will be fully realized.
The benefits of regular massage:
- the work of the immune system increases, as a result, infectious diseases are more easily tolerated;
- blood circulation and supply of all organs are improved;
- eyesight and hearing are improved;
- normal blood pressure and heart function;
- digestion is stabilized;
- sleep improves;
- strengthens the nervous system;
- fatigue and irritability go away;
- working capacity increases;
- getting better memory.
The facial expression of the person being massaged can determine how well he tolerates massage. The patient must report the pain and other discomfort. This is especially important so that the masseur does not transfer the muscles when kneading. It is very good to combine massage treatments with walks in the open air and with workouts in the pool. Just do not forget about the need to control your diet. Do not overeat. The last meal should be no later than two hours before the massage.