Essential oils are natural medicinal and cosmetic products, with the help of which you can get rid of health problems without buying expensive lotions, creams, masks and medical preparations. Lavender oil is very popular in cosmetology and aromatherapy. The properties and use of this substance help to preserve youth, beauty and well-being under any circumstances.
Ancient medicine and perfume
Since the Middle Ages, lavender oil has been used as a medicine, it has been included in perfume compositions. Now, like thousands of years ago, the product is one of the most demanded essential oils, it is easy to find in pharmacies or in aromatherapy stores. The fragrant yellowish-clear liquid is extracted from fresh flowers by the steam method. The aroma of this oil is hard not to know: the pronounced bitter-spicy scent of lavender is combined with the sweetness of flowers and tart woody notes.
Lavender oil as a medicine
Lavender essential oil has a positive effect on a person’s psychological state:
- contributes to the feeling of peace, harmony, awareness of the value system, self-knowledge;
- eliminates depression of various etiologies, inhibits aggression;
- creates an atmosphere of cordiality and mutual understanding.
Add a total of 7 drops to the aroma bed with a room size of 20 m2 - and your house will be filled with an exquisite, soothing fragrance.
This oil is for internal use and composed:
positively affects all, without exception, body systems:
- lowers pressure;
- normalizes heart rate;
- relieves inflammation and pain;
- stops cramps;
- acts as an antispasmodic, prevents atherosclerosis;
- stimulates the immune system, preventing viral and infectious diseases;
- disinfects, eliminates skin damage, eczema, hematomas, edema;
- improves gallbladder, liver, gastrointestinal tract;
- treats inflammation of the bladder, impaired functioning of the reproductive organs.
If you decide to start using lavender essential oil, the healing properties and the frequent use of this remedy will be your way out of many problematic situations. To make a compress, dissolve 7 drops of lavender oil in 12 ml of base; for hot inhalations, 8 drops are enough; when bathing, you can add from 4 to 7 drops of the essential product. You can also mix 1-2 drops of this substance with honey and use it after breakfast, lunch and dinner, washing it down with warm green tea.
Lavender gives beauty
Lavender oil can often be found in cosmetics, because this substance:
- cleanses, renews and rejuvenates the skin;
- improves skin elasticity;
- relieves itching, redness, peeling, irritation;
- normalizes the functioning of the sebaceous glands, as a result, prevents acne.
To check how useful lavender oil is for your face, you can make your own medical and cosmetic products.
Mask for dry skin
- Mix 2 drops of lavender oil and 15 ml of sunflower oil.
- For about half an hour, keep the mixture on your face.
- Wipe the skin with a soft sponge.
Lotion for oily skin
- Apply 2 drops of lavender oil on cotton wool, slightly soaked in natural lotion.
- Carefully wipe the skin after morning washing and before bedtime.
Healing Liquid Cream
- Combine lavender oil (2 drops) and tea tree oil.
- Cover the problem areas with a thin layer of liquid for 30 minutes.
- Wipe your face with cotton wool.
Very useful lavender oil for hair affected by curling and dyeing. Systematic use of this tool will help you get rid of:
- hair dullness;
Before each wash, use the mixture, which should be prepared as follows:
- Heat 30 ml of burdock oil on the steam bath.
- In the resulting base, add egg yolk, 4 drops of lavender oil, 2 drops of ylang-ylang and 2 drops of rosewood.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and put on a plastic cap for 15 minutes.
The secrets of medicine and cosmetology through the eyes of users
People suffering from various diseases, lovers of the atmosphere of sophistication, comfort and peace, as well as women who carefully care for their face and hair, have been actively using lavender oil for many years. Reviews of the tool please with thoroughness and genuine admiration:
- lavender oil really soothes after a grueling day;
- fills the apartment with an amazing aroma, gives a confidential, calm mood;
- makes the skin clean, matte, and hair - strong, healthy and shiny.
Not quite satisfied, judging by the reviews, there were those who took lavender oil for medicinal purposes, eliminating other drugs from therapy. So do not overlook the fact that the product should be used only in complex treatment of diseases.
Who will have to stop using lavender oil?
This oil does not apply to common allergens, but it is still necessary to check if you have an allergic reaction due to it. Apply low concentration liquid to a small area of skin for 2-3 days. If after the specified period on the skin there are negative changes, refrain from the means with the addition of lavender oil.
Due to the effect on hormonal balance and blood pressure, this essential substance is contraindicated:
- while carrying a child;
- with hypotension.
Postpone the procedure with the use of lavender oil in case of treatment with iodine or iron preparations.
For many, it is becoming a real discovery that qualified doctors, psychologists and cosmetologists with various problems recommend lavender oil. The properties and use of extracts from fragrant plants allow you to fill the apartment with a pleasant smell, improve mood and microclimate in the family, get rid of the dysfunction of vital organs, as well as significantly improve your appearance. Do not forget about the priceless treasures of nature and be happy!