Often, simple means to care for your appearance are the most effective. This rule also applies to hair. Many girls refused to salon procedures in favor of proven popular methods. And effectively, and for the budget a tangible benefit! This furor among the beautiful half of humanity made home lamination hair, which uses the usual food gelatin.
Why is gelatin used for home lamination? Is the effect of such a procedure not inferior to the salon? How to make hair lamination gelatin at home? Can this method of hair care be considered universal and harmless for different hair types?
The unique properties of gelatin for hair
Gelatin is a natural product, an extract from the connective tissues of animals (most often cattle). It consists of more than 85% protein, most of which is collagen. As you know, collagen is a protein that forms the basis of human connective tissue. It is not surprising that the use of gelatin in cosmetology gives such high results. Masks for face and hair, including lamination of hair with gelatin, allow to nourish the cells of the skin of the face and hair with this useful substance.
In addition, gelatin is rich in microelements (such as calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium, iron), vitamin PP, amino acids necessary for the human body.
Gel lamination hair gel: ingredients
Making lamination with gelatin at home is no more difficult than an ordinary hair mask. Yes, and it will cost quite inexpensive.
For home lamination you need:
- Regular food gelatin (sold at every grocery store)
- A bit of boiled hot (not boiling!) Water
- Any mask for hair. It is important to use a mask, and not a balm-conditioner, since the latter closes the hair scales and will not allow the tool to penetrate deep into the hair.
Gel lamination hair gelatin: a recipe
- To begin, prepare a means for lamination. A bag of gelatin (usually 20-25 g) pour 3 tablespoons of hot water and, stirring, dilute to a uniform consistency. It is best to do this in glassware. Cover the mixture and leave to swell for 15-20 minutes.
- At this time, wash your hair with shampoo, use hair balm. Dry your hair with a towel, it should be slightly damp. Gelatin should already swell and turn into a gelatinous mass. If lumps remain in the mixture, warm it up in a water bath until completely dissolved. Never bring gelatin to a boil, it will lose all its properties!
- After that, add a mask for the hair to the prepared gelatinous product to get the consistency of thick cream. Masks need to take no more than half a tablespoon. Excess of it can spoil the effect of the procedure.
- If your curls are dry and badly damaged, you can enrich the mixture with a few drops of nourishing oil (avocado oil, almond oil, castor oil, argan oil).
- Apply the product to wet hair along the entire length, receding a couple of centimeters from the hair roots. It is easy to lay down and will not give you much trouble. After that, cover your head with a plastic bag or put on a shower cap, wrap the top with a heated towel.
- The first 10-15 minutes, you need to warm the hair with a hair dryer right through the towel. After that, keep the product on your hair for another 20-30 minutes.
- Gelatinous mask for hair lamination is washed off very easily. It is better to use warm water for this.
- Allow the curls to dry on their own, without using a hair dryer. Believe me, the result will pleasantly surprise you!
Gelatin mask for hair lamination: tips
The effect, according to numerous reviews, is not inferior to the salon procedure lamination. This is not surprising, since gelatin nourishes the hair shafts with collagen, creates on the surface of the hair the thinnest protective film that provides curls with protection and shine. It is important that, for the most part, natural products are used in the home lamination procedure.
In order to understand if gelatin home hair lamination is right for you, you need to try it. And to do this not once, but several, since the effect of the procedure is cumulative. But remember that the effectiveness of home lamination gelatin depends on several factors: the type of hair, the health status of your curls. If you have really problematic hair, then it is useful to consult with a qualified trichologist. A specialist will help determine the method of treatment and restoration of hair, including whether it is suitable for you to use home-made lamination with gelatin.
Contraindications to the use of hair lamination gelatin was not detected. But there are some small nuances that should be considered during the procedure:
- Avoid getting gelatinous mixture on the scalp. This can cause discomfort, itching and flaking.
- If the gelatin is still boiling during heating, then throw it away without regret and prepare a new one. All the beneficial properties of the product are destroyed by boiling.
- Be sure to bring the gelatinous mixture to the correct consistency without lumps. Believe me, it is much easier to spend time trying to dissolve gelatin well than on combing out his lumps of hair.
Carefully care for your hair, and they will thank you for taking care of your health and beauty!