To date, one of the most effective methods of rehabilitation damaged after painting or curling hair is keratin hair restoration at home or in a beauty salon. This procedure is often used also by owners of wavy, curly, unruly hair for their straightening. Learn how to do it and you!
What is keratin and what is its amazing effect based on?
Keratin is a protein with a very strong molecular structure that forms the horny particles of a person’s hair and nails. Hair becomes weak and easily damaged when keratin molecules are destroyed from the harmful effects of chemicals, high temperatures. And keratin preparations for hair are designed to replenish this lost protein and restore healthy hair structure.
For keratinizing in beauty salons use special ready-made products based on protein keratin. The result is smooth, shiny, health-glowing hair. The effect of such a procedure lasts up to 3-4 months. Given the high price of this salon pleasure, not everyone can afford it. And any woman wants to have beautiful hair.
But there is good news: such a procedure is possible at home. Means for keratin hair restoration at home can be used both purchased and own cooking, from natural ingredients.
You can buy ready-made keratin masks in stores, specialty stores, pharmacies or via the Internet. They cost a lot, but it will still be much cheaper than repairing in a professional cabin.
Self-made masks of such instant action, as purchased, do not render. To carry out their treatment should be a course of several weeks, and even better - to use on a regular basis. And then you will always have healthy and well-groomed hair.
Self keratinizing hair: how is it done?
In order to conduct keratin hair restoration at home, you will need the following arsenal:
- a special cleansing shampoo that will wash away grease, dirt, paint residues, care products, silicone, etc. from the hair;
- directly keratin remedy itself;
- the fixing effect of restoring a balm or mask;
- sulfate-free shampoo, special balm and mask for the subsequent hair care after the procedure. They will carefully care for their hair and will retain their effect for a long time.
From the tools you will need:
- hair dryer with the ability to adjust the temperature;
- hair straightener (preferably with a ceramic coating);
- application brush and plastic container; if the tool is liquid, then you can use a spray;
- pins, clips, etc .;
- Wash your hair with a special shampoo (it is better to repeat washing twice). Well dry them with a hairdryer and comb.
- Separate the hair into small strands and fasten it with hairpins.
- Using a brush or a sprayer, apply a keratinizing agent on each strand, retreating from the roots of 2-3 cm. Leave it on the hair for 15-30 minutes, depending on the manufacturer's instructions.
- Apply a special fixing balm.
- Dry hair with a hair dryer and straighten iron.
- Enjoy beautiful hair!
Important! After keratinizing, it is impossible to wash your head for 2-3 days, use styling products, wear hats, use hairpins, elastic bands, etc. For washing, use only special shampoos and balms without sulfates, try to less damage your hair with chemical and thermal effects.
Reviews about keratin hair restoration at home (as well as in beauty salons) with special keratin remedies are rather contradictory. Some women complain of hair loss, deterioration of their condition in the long term, the rapid disappearance of the result. But, nevertheless, everyone in the reviews note that the strands after keratinization immediately become smoother and shinier, stronger.
In this regard, it is worth noting that the quality and duration of the effect is very dependent on the means used and the correctness of the procedure, the structure and characteristics of the hair, the correctness of the subsequent care.
Keratinizing using popular recipes
Here are some recipes for keratin hair restoration at home, if you decide not to use purchased products, but hand-made products. Such natural products are very economical, environmentally friendly and do not require special knowledge and skills in the application. Ingredients for them can be found in the kitchen, at the grocery store or bought at the pharmacy.
- Based on aloe juice. You will need 50 ml of liquid aloe (sold in a pharmacy), the juice of half a lemon, a few drops of tea tree oil or rosemary.
- Based on gelatin. We will need 1 tbsp. l instant gelatin, 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar or lemon juice, a few drops of essential oils (for example, rosemary, sage, tea tree) and 1 tbsp. water.
- Based on yolk. To prepare the mask, use 1 yolk, 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1 tsp. salt.
All components of the mask are thoroughly mixed and applied to clean damp hair. Keep the mask will have 15-20 minutes, then wash the hair well. Repeat such regenerating masks 1-2 times a week. If you use them regularly and do not harm yourself with frequent use of a hair dryer, ironing, curling, styling products, chemical curls, bleaching, then your hair will be your pride and the subject of admiration of others.
You can restore shine and beauty to curls not only with the help of expensive professional procedures in a beauty salon. If desired, hair restoration and straightening with the use of keratin preparations can be carried out independently at home. A simple and affordable folk recipes will provide them with proper care so that they are always strong and healthy.