People began to decorate the body with various drawings and inscriptions a long time ago - from the time of the primitive communal system. This tradition has been preserved to this day. Today, masters can offer a large selection of tattoo designs, but phrases in various languages have become the most popular. In this article we have collected the inscriptions for the tattoo in Latin with the translation.
The language of romantics was revived in wearable drawings.
Latin is an ancient and universal language, which today, unfortunately, is used only by physicians, biologists, lawyers and translators. Even a thousand years ago, Latin was spoken in every country of the world, today the most beautiful of languages has practically sunk into oblivion.
This beautiful, not only in terms of writing, but also in sound, was once considered the language of romantics and philosophers. During its long years of existence, Latin has managed to become the progenitor of many other languages of the world. Spanish, French, Portuguese and even English borrowed from her many sounds of syllables and phrases.
Today the phrases of great people, philosophical statements, popular expressions, and simply beautiful romantic messages have been revived in tattoo on various parts of the body. But for a tattoo in Latin to really make sense, first of all, it is necessary to thoroughly understand the translation. Agree that phrases written with an error, or lexically incorrectly constructed phrases can put in a silly position. Moreover, you can not wash the tattoo with water and do not hide under a layer of foundation.
There are several rules for a successful tattoo:
- Think carefully about where you would like to apply the tattoo and, based on this, choose an expression. For example, short phrases in one or two words look better on the wrist. Long phrases are perfect for a tattoo on the back or thighs.
- Do not use to translate your favorite popular expression in Latin online services. The machine is not always able to accurately and beautifully convey the meaning of the word. It is best to seek the help of professionals or in case of emergency ask for advice on the forum.
- In Latin, there are many utterances of philosophers and scientists, but you should not base your choice only on the beauty of the writing and sound. The selected words should exactly fit your meaning and reflect the inner world.
Approximate phrases and inscriptions for tattoo
The inscriptions in Latin in the tattoo are performed with beautiful and elegant fonts that emphasize all the romance and uniqueness of the language. Basically, the masters do not try to make the tattoo realistic or to give it 3D effects, in truth, such excesses are not needed for this language.
Sketches of tattoo inscriptions in Latin with the translation can be divided into several categories according to the meaning: romantic, life-affirming and philosophical. Need a good motivation for action or want to inspire others to do something? Then do a tattoo in Latin with the following meaning:
- "Eagles are not interested in flies";
- "Everything happens for a reason";
- "Life is short";
- "First among equals";
- "Seize the day";
- "Truth is my light";
- "I am not led, I lead myself."
- "The most wonderful thing in the world is love";
- "To infinity";
- "It flies on its own wings";
- "Love conquers all";
- "Now I know what it means to love";
- "My love is more than just words."
Various philosophical sayings, catch phrases and aphorisms:
- "I came. I saw. I won";
- "From darkness to the stars";
- "Words are forgotten, but what remains written";
- "People come and go, but life goes on";
- "I will always be strong";
- "Even when not strong enough, the desire to change something worthy of praise."
The tattoo inscriptions in Latin look stylish on their own, but you can always decorate them with abstractions, flowers, infinity signs, other symbols or pictures. The main thing is that the selected supplement is in harmony with the text.
Tattoos are popular not only among young people, but also many stars of TV screens, theater and cinema, famous figures, TV presenters, models and football players are also not against this body decoration.
Here are some photos of tattoo inscriptions in Latin with a translation from celebrities:
- Angelina Jolie, a famous American film actress, loves to decorate various parts of the body with tattoos. So, the lower abdomen is decorated with the inscription "Quod me nutrit me destruit". Translated into Russian, this means: "What nourishes me, it kills me."
- David Beckham, a football player, under the name of his wife has a beautiful tattoo "Ut Amem Et Foveam", which means "To love and cherish."
- Colin Farrell, the actor, loves to show off his bare torso in front of cameras. Attentive fans have long noticed on his wrist the inscription "Carpe Deim" - "Capture this day."
- Keith Urban, a country singer, on his right hand wrote the inscription "Omnia Vincit Amor", which in Russian sounds like this: "Love conquers all."
- Daniel Lloyd, a model and actress, boasts a whole Latin tattoo on his left shoulder, which, according to experts, is not entirely accurate. Nevertheless, the inscription "Quis attero mihi tantum planto mihi validus" says: "What does not kill me makes me stronger."
Tattoos on the body in the form of an inscription in Latin - it is always beautiful, original and unusual. But only in the case when the phrase is written without grammatical errors and with meaning. Approach the choice of tattoo carefully: consider several options, think over the sketch and prepare a place for its placement.