Now, with a variety of styling devices, even curlers seem to be an outdated method of curling hair, what can we say about papilotkami, which began to use a few centuries ago. Nevertheless, they do not lose their relevance today, because they have a number of advantages over modern methods of styling curls.
Varieties of papillotok
By itself, a papilotka is a soft cord, on which a wet strand was twisted, after which it was fixed and left for a long time. Under the influence of a special chemical composition, which was impregnated with it, it assumed a given shape, and thus the styling was created. Such a device was made from virtually any deformable material without damage to the material — it could be either fabric or paper. Thus, it was very easy to do papilotki with your own hands and get a fashionable hairstyle even to the poorest people.
- Paper papilotki. The easiest and most inexpensive option that can be built in a few minutes. It is advisable to choose a paper that is well creased, but dense enough so that it does not tear when trying to twist it. Any rough, second-rate paper will work well. It must be lined and cut along the lines drawn. The width of these strips, as well as their length, depends entirely on the parameters of the strands that will curl. To fix the device on the hair, it is recommended to take a soft wire, which is cut into pieces of the same length as the fabric, and then placed in the middle and wrapped.
- Fabric papilotki. The manufacturing algorithm is the same, but now any dense fabric is used: a simple choice is chintz, fleece, batik. Here you can also add a wire frame.
- Papilotki from the made foam plastic. They can’t be made by myself - just buy them in the store. These soft curlers can be made of inexpensive foam rubber, or of flexible plastic. The diameter and length are also selected depending on the parameters of the strands.
As for the direct selection of files, it all depends on your preferences. For elastic small curls need narrow strips, for softer - wide.
How to use papilotkami?
It is worth saying that this method of curling hair is not recommended for owners of short (above the shoulders) haircuts, since fixing the file requires more than 20 cm of cloth, for which it clings. In addition, on a short haircut, such a styling will be too deliberate, and curls - fine. But the owners of long curls are likely to like this method of curling.
How to wind hair on papilotki right?
- Hair before the procedure should be washed and dried with a towel, after which it is recommended to treat them with foam or mousse. This will increase the stability of styling, as well as make the curls clearer.
- Break the entire canvas into strands, the width of which varies according to your discretion. It is recommended to take long hair (up to the waist and below) 4 cm wide pieces, with an average length (from shoulders to shoulder blades) it is better to stop by 2-2.5 cm. Combine each strand before starting work with it.
- Put the tip of the strand in the middle of the file, perpendicular to its axis, and begin to twist the device, thereby twisting the hair down and inward, from the face (this will contribute to the volume from the roots). Bend the ends of the papillo to each other, tie (if it is a fabric) or just cross it (for the wire base) to fix them securely.
In order to papilotki did not move out during sleep (and often the procedure is carried out in the evening, since the wait is quite long and requires 5-6 hours), it is recommended to put a cap on top. But before you leave your curls for a long time to curl, try to sit with papilotki only 1-1.5 hours, after which remove them: thin and short hair usually during this time have time to curl strongly.
Use of papillotok: consumer reviews
Comments on this simple adaptation are the most positive: girls note the merits of both store and self-made options. The only drawback that has been repeatedly pointed out is the asymmetry of the obtained curls.
- Regina: I am very afraid for my hair, so I try not to influence them thermally. But sometimes you want something new - for example, curls. In such a case, I keep in myself simple narrow papillots: I wind wet strands treated with sugar water (1 tsp per 200 ml), leave for 2-3 hours, after which I take off and admire the resulting curl. The harm is minimal, the desire for novelty is fulfilled. Yes, and very budget: a pack of 6 pcs. costs 35 rubles.
- Anastasia: When I was little, my grandmother twisted my hair on papillo. Then somehow they were replaced by hard curlers boiling on the stove, but their headaches were very painful, so I returned to the soft tissue papillots again. My whole head of hair (thin hair up to the waist) is twisting for about 10 minutes, I leave it all night: sleep, not like the curler option, is very comfortable, although it would also be inconvenient for plastic shopping. Before laying, I usually sprinkle with slightly varnish - so the curls obtained in the morning hold better.
It is definitely worth trying a perm on papilotki: even if it turns out that this is not your option, it is not so expensive as to spare the money spent, and does not harm the hair at all, and is therefore completely safe. The centuries-tested procedure will not soon lose its relevance, since there are no analogues to it at the moment.