Sometimes, by an annoying accident, paint gets on the clothes. Do not immediately panic and worry that your favorite thing is irreversibly corrupted. Wash paint with clothes can be different means.
The main thing is to determine what type of paint got on the clothes in order to use the exact means that can remove it, since for some types you need to use a simple powder, and for others - solvents.
How to remove paint from clothes?
- Stains from acrylic and enamel are best removed with kerosene, gasoline, white spirit or gasoline. When using these tools be sure to follow all precautions. It is impossible to carry out processing of clothes near open fire, to allow hit of means in eyes. After work should be well ventilated room.
- Apply the selected solvent to the stain and wait for a while until it is soaked. Then take a clean cloth, moisten it again with a solvent and try to wash off the traces as thoroughly as possible. To remove residual dirt on white things, take a bleach, and for color ones - a stain remover. After that, wash things as usual.
- Try to wash off a stain from gouache or water-based paint. Pour hot water into the basin, soak soiled clothes and leave for 2-3 hours. If the stain does not disappear during this time, soak the thing without adding powder for a day. The next day, wash it.
- Hair dye stainsYou can wash clothes immediately after contamination. It is very important to fix the stain with warm water as quickly as possible. It is possible to remove the dye residues by wiping up the place with a stain of soap, and after washing the clothes in a soap solution. If clothes are faded after washing, mop up at a higher temperature while it is still wet.
- If the paint had time to dry, then spray it with hair spray and wash it. In warm water, you can dilute the vinegar and wipe the stain with it, then soak the clothes in a mixture of ammonia and water. You can get rid of hair dye from clothes with a sponge dipped in gasoline or kerosene. After processing the clothes must be washed.
- If this does not help wash the paint, take ordinary stain remover. Pour water into the basin and dilute the amount of stain remover indicated on the bottle. Leave the clothes for a few hours in the water. But do not put all the dirty things together in the water. Each thing in this case must be soaked separately.
If she does not wash, it is better to ask for help in dry cleaning.
How to clean paint from clothes?
When hit water based paint Do not try to wash the clothes with solvents. Remove the drops with paper or a dry newspaper, and then rinse well the soiled area with water. Aqueous emulsion ink is perfectly soluble in water, so it can be quickly washed off the surface of clothes.
If she has already managed to dry out, then it needs to be softened with water. If the area of pollution is large, then put a wet cloth on it for half an hour. Small spots just enough to wet. When the stain is softened, it should be removed with a brush, an ordinary cloth or carefully removed with a spatula.
Stain from acrylic paint is desirable to remove as quickly as possible. This will allow with the least loss of time and effort to cope with pollution. Moisten the newly formed stain with soap and water with a cloth or sponge and wipe it off the surface. When the paint begins to dry, add a small amount of vinegar or baking soda to the water.
The hardest thing to remove the dried spot. Wash off dried acrylic stain plain water is impossible. This will help a special remover, which you can buy in any store building materials.
Pour a small amount of wash onto the stain and wait 4 min. Then wipe off the stain with a sponge dipped in this solvent. Wash the item after using the wash, as the solvent has too strong smell.
How to wash stains from oil paint on clothes?
To remove fresh stains from oil paint, you need to take soap. But if more than 3 hours have passed, you will need ammonia, gasoline, turpentine or acetone. In order not to spoil the thing, wipe the joint or seam of the product with the selected solvent. To do this, apply the mixture on a cotton wool or a piece of white soft cloth and wipe the cloth.
If there are no side effects, use a brush to remove dust from the stain, turn the clothes over to the wrong side, place a white paper napkin or cloth under the place of contamination. After wetting the swab in a solvent, which may consist of turpentine and kerosene or acetone and alcohol, moisten the stain, starting from its edges and reaching the middle. Leave the tampon on the stain for a few minutes. To remove the stain from the paint completely, clean the fabric with cotton wool dipped in liquid ammonia.
For removing old drops paints You can use two methods:
- Apply turpentine, and then clean the fabric with a concentrated solution of baking soda. Rinse the area with water.
- Lubricate with a small amount of butter or margarine, and then wipe the contaminated area with gasoline, turpentine or kerosene. Then wash the clothes.
- For remove oil paint from clothes white make a mixture of the same parts of ammonia, chalk and turpentine. Apply the prepared mixture and leave for 3 hours. Then moisten the swab in gasoline, turpentine or acetone and wipe the contaminated area.
The best way to deal with paint is prevention. Therefore, put on the clothes that you do not mind and do not need to be cleaned. When dyeing hair, use protective gloves and a cape, which will help to protect even old things. It is also very important to remove the paint immediately after contact with clothing.
Fresh stains from water-based and acrylic paints can be washed with water, but washing or solvents can help with gouache or oil paint. Be careful, and then you do not have to wash stains from your favorite clothes.