Woman's grooming is manifested in everything. From neatness in clothes to dental health. It also touches many moments hidden from prying eyes. For example, the issue of giving the perfect smoothness of the skin. Perhaps, so many controversial opinions on the part of the doctors and women themselves, how many collected hair removal in intimate places, not a single procedure has yet received. To single out one correct opinion is impossible.
Everyone is free to decide for themselves whether to shave a bikini area or not to do so.
Epilation and Depilation of the Bikini Area: Pros and Cons
The answer to the question of why you can not shave the bikini area, is to injure the skin. It is in this area that they are the most sensitive and easy to cut through which viruses penetrate. But, by and large, the same can happen at any site. However, not all methods of removing unwanted hair ends here with injuries.
For example, laser hair removal does not affect the skin, working only with the hair itself. But this procedure, like photo epilation, is classified as salon-based and expensive. More accessible methods for the most part, excluding the use of chemicals, are indeed capable of damaging the skin. Therefore, they must be extremely careful.
What are the ways to remove unwanted hair in the bikini area?
First, you should know that you can get rid of the vegetation in this area in two ways: epilation and depilation. Despite the similar sound of words, they have different meanings. In the first case, the hair is removed from the root. This has both a number of advantages and negative features.
After epilation, the skin remains smoother longer. In addition, new hairs grow more soft, invisible. Over time, it comes to repeating the procedure only once a month. But with depilation, this trick will not work: it allows you to lose only the visible parts of the hair, leaving the root in place. Therefore, after a few days, a roughness appears.
The main advantage of the second option is that it is absolutely painless. Given the sensitivity of the skin in this area, for many women, hair removal is unacceptable because they are not willing to endure discomfort during the procedure.
As for the ways of this and other directions in the removal of unwanted vegetation, there are, again, a lot of them. There are those that are feasible only in the cabin. Others are available even at home. We will tell about each of them in more detail.
Depilation of a bikini zone is carried out either mechanically, when a razor is used, or through the use of a special cream. The latter is more convenient and relatively safer. You just need to apply the tool and remove it with a spatula after a certain time. But the work with the machine can be traumatic, because it increases the likelihood of not making yourself cuts.
Chemical depilation also has its own contraindications. It is unacceptable if there is any damage to the skin, even the smallest.
Epilation of the bikini zone is somewhat more extensive:
- Use of electric epilator.
Three of the four methods of hair removal will be discussed below in detail, but first you need to figure out what is good with the laser option, and whether it is worth its price in salons and beauty clinics.
The main positive point of such a procedure is an instant result and painlessness. In addition to the weak tingling and heat tide to the place of treatment, no other sensations usually arise. It is conducted by courses, which include about 8-10 visits to the beautician. After that, a break is made up to 5 years. For the specified number of procedures it is possible to achieve not only slowing down the growth rate of hair, but also their complete disappearance.
But even with such pleasant prospects, it is worth remembering that you should not turn to laser hair removal until the age of 17, as well as during pregnancy. It is contraindicated in the presence of eczema and psoriasis. In addition, it is not recommended to resort to the procedure for persons with diabetes of any type.
With regard to feedback from women who have tried hair removal in the bikini zone in a similar way, opinions here are mixed. It depends on both the individual characteristics (the state of the endocrine system and the hormonal background), and on the skill level of the master. Someone had an impressive result already by the 3rd procedure, the hairs became much thinner, their growth slowed down significantly. Dr. however, representatives of the beautiful half of humanity said that even after completing the full course, the rate of appearance of new hairs in the bikini zone, although it slowed down, but did not stop. In addition, a number of women noted the painfulness of the procedure.
How to shave a bikini area by yourself?
The two main methods used by most women when removing hair in the bikini area are shaving. It is carried out either by a machine or an electric epilator. Both that and other methods have the right to life, and which one to prefer is a personal matter of each. The algorithm is pretty simple.
- Working with a razor is the fastest. In this case, the result is short-lived. The hairs begin to appear already on day 2, and when using special tools, the unpleasant moment can be delayed for another 1-2 days.
- It is strictly not recommended to buy for shaving a bikini area machines for the legs, as well as disposable items. They simply can not cope with the task. It is interesting that you can turn to the male versions of razors - they work even better than the female ones.
- The procedure is best carried out after a shower on steamed skin. This will soften the discomfort. In addition, the bikini area must be treated with a special tool in the form of a cream or gel and wait 1-2 minutes for it to be absorbed.
- Hair removal is done strictly in the direction of their growth, and not vice versa. Otherwise, the risk increases not only to provide themselves with their permanent growth, but also to skin injuries. After the procedure, you should use a soothing gel.
- As for working with an electric epilator, here it is immediately necessary to note the pain of this method. Although by the 2-3 session she goes to "no." Yes, and for many women, the effect is worth it: you have to shave a bikini area only once every 15 days.
- The preparation process is the same as with the razor. But the algorithm itself allows you to make some adjustments. In particular, many of the fair sex are advised to carry out hair removal in water. This weakens the pain because it helps to relax the nerve endings. At the end of the procedure, it is necessary to disinfect the skin.
Wax hair removal is also considered less popular at home, and one that involves the use of hot sugar - shugaring. Many doctors do not advise to resort to this method because of its high trauma. Abrupt movements during the procedure often result in redness, inflammation and damage.
The essence of that and other methods is to apply a hot thick mass to the right places. After that, by applying a special paper, with a strong jerk, the set mixture is removed from the skin along with the hairs. The effect of these manipulations persists for 3-4 weeks.
For someone, the wax method acts in the same way as the laser - it promotes complete hair removal for a long time. After several procedures, they stop growing, but this is characteristic only of girls who initially had thin and light hairs.
With a genetic predisposition, you can often visit the master or conjure at home, but you will have to remove unwanted vegetation all your life. Which way to give preference and whether to touch the bikini area at all is up to each woman to decide. The main thing to remember is that you need to maintain self-confidence. Then you will be attractive in your and others' eyes anyway.