Women for the most part are quite emotional - both unpleasant and joyful moments of life often cause tears in us. Such a reaction is specially conceived by nature in order to alleviate too much emotional stress. But how to remove swelling from the eyes after tears, if there is a date, an important meeting or other event and you need to look good?
The consequences of tears in the form of redness of the eyes, swelling of the eyelids and inflamed skin are not only almost impossible to hide with makeup, but also last a long time, for some people - almost a day.
To find out how to remove the swelling from the eyes after tears, let us figure out what exactly these effects occur. Of course, after a few tears, no traces will appear - even the makeup is likely to remain intact. But it is worth crying at least 5 minutes, as the blood vessels in the eyes begin to increase due to excessive pressure, causing redness of proteins. And from the salt, which is in tears, the skin of the eyelids and face begins to inflame. Therefore, in order to remove the redness of the eyes, it is necessary to narrow the vessels, restore normal blood circulation in them, and also remove the accumulated excess fluid from the tissues.
How to remove swelling from the eyes of tears: tips
- The simplest and most readily available method is washing with cold water. You can simply place your face under the stream or rinse your eyes, scooping water with your palms. Cold liquid will reduce the pressure in the eyes and constrict blood vessels.
- Ice cubes. Wipe them closed eyelids and the area around the eyes - this will not only reduce the dilated blood vessels of the eyes, but also soothe the inflamed skin around. Ice cubes from chamomile or mint decoction can give a particularly good effect. This procedure will have an additional soothing effect on the skin if it appears red, swollen and itchy, caused by salty tears. You can not put ice on your eyes, you only need to slightly hold the cube over the eyelids or apply it for 1-2 seconds.
- Good effect gives alternate washing with cold and warm water - it regulates the blood flow in the vessels, contributing to their narrowing. Instead of washing you can use cotton pads dipped in cold and warm water, alternately applying them to your eyes.
Many plants effectively help to remove swelling from the eyes after tears due to their soothing, antiseptic and blood circulation properties.
- Take a few mint leaves and mash in your fingers so that they become soft and slightly squeeze out the juice. After that, put them on the upper eyelids and the area under the eyes and lie down quietly for 20-30 minutes.
- The fresh cucumber superimposed on puffiness superimposed on the eyelids in slices or in the form of mashed potatoes.
- In the same way, you can use raw potatoes.
- Finely chop the fresh parsley and apply on the eyelids and skin around the eyes. Top with a wet piece of gauze or cotton pads.
- Lotions with a decoction of chamomile, birch buds, calendula or parsley for 20-30 minutes will remove the swelling from the eyelids without a trace.
- Another good remedy is chilled tea bags (preferably with green tea). Apply them forever and wait 15-25 minutes.
- Well help to remove swelling soaked in cool milk cotton pads applied to the eyelid area and around them.
The cause of swelling of the face after prolonged crying is fluid that has accumulated in the tissues. To remove its excess from the body and quickly remove swelling from the eyes after tears will help some fruits and herbal decoctions:
- decoction of horsetail, lingonberry, pharmacy chamomile, bearberry or dill seeds. During the day, drink every 2 hours a cup of decoction of any of these plants;
- fresh celery or pumpkin juice;
- green tea with honey and lemon;
- fruits and berries: watermelon, melon, viburnum, blackberry, black chokeberry and cranberry.
In addition to diuretics, do not drink before removing the swelling of another fluid, otherwise it will linger in the body, and the swelling will disappear longer.-
To remove the redness of the eyes, use eye drops designed to constrict blood vessels:
To restore blood circulation and thereby reduce the size of the vessels in the eyes, you can do a simple eye gymnastics and light massage with your fingers.
- Alternately, look left and right and up and down several times, without turning your head, only with your eyes. Do not strain your eyes; movements should be light.
- Then describe with pupils a few circles clockwise and against, also without turning your head.
- Blink easily and quickly for half a minute.
- Tap on the eyelids and skin around the eyes with light swatting movements. And then, with gentle pressure movements, massage the closed eyes and the space between the bridge of the nose and the eyes.
How to cry, so as not to leave marks on your face?
If it so happens that tears are inevitable, try to make sure that they cause as little harm to your beauty as possible.
- Do not try to wipe the salted drops with your fists or smear them on the face with your hands - this will cause irritation and red spots on the skin. It is best to immediately soak up tears with a napkin or a handkerchief, not allowing them to flow down the face, especially if you have makeup on your eyes.
- So that the face does not swell the next morning after a strong cry, do not go to bed immediately, wait at least an hour. If this is not possible, place a high pillow under your head so that the liquid does not linger in the facial tissues.
To quickly bring yourself back to normal, try several of the above methods, and in the end, be sure to apply a moisturizer to your skin, especially if it is prone to drying. A good make-up will help to fully complete the restoration of appearance: use concealer to mask redness on the skin and powder to even out the overall tone of the face.