To iron a shirt usually takes no more than 7 minutes. However, without the proper sequence of steps, it often remains with folds. That is why many do not like to iron shirts, especially with long sleeves. We will tell you how to stroke a shirt with a long sleeve correctly and quickly.
How to iron a men's shirt: master class
First you need to prepare a place where you will iron. You will need:
- ironing board;
- distilled water;
- water spray;
Now a few general recommendations:
- For quality ironing, the shirt should be slightly damp. If this is not the case, spray it with a little warm water for fifteen minutes before starting to iron. To do this, the shirt is placed on a hanger and sprayed from the dispenser.
- Fill with distilled water until the iron container is full. Plain tap water is known for its high limestone content, which causes scaling and buildup, which leads to clogging of sprayers on the iron.
- To effectively remove wrinkles on the product, you can iron the seamy side of the back and the front parts of the shirt first.
- When you iron, do not press hard on the iron, especially when using a jet of steam. Hot steam, not pressure, makes ironing easier.
- Move the iron up and down, avoid circular movements that stretch the fabric.
Choosing the optimal mode of iron
Before ironing the shirt, it is extremely important to adjust the heating temperature of the iron depending on the nature of the fibers of the fabric indicated on its regulator:
To do this, carefully study the label sewn to your shirt from the inside. As a rule, it contains information on the composition of the fabric and the manufacturer's recommendations regarding temperature treatment, including washing water. If the shirt is very wrinkled, use a not very hot iron. If it is cotton fabric, select the maximum temperature. Be careful not to burn your favorite shirt.
Technique and procedure for ironing men's shirts:
- Install a firmly ironing board in a room with sufficient lighting. Turn on the iron in the socket and wait until it is heated to the required temperature. This will happen when the warning light on the iron goes out.
- Let's start with one of the toughest parts of your shirt collar. Put it in front of you on the board. To properly smooth the shirt collar, you need to lead the iron in the direction of its length from the tip to the center. Repeat the operation from the outside and inside. Take a special look at the tips of the corners of the collar to prevent them from curling upwards.
- Slip the shirt shoulder over the narrow end of the ironing board so that the seams are parallel to its edges. After smoothing a part of the shoulder, change the position of the shirt to smooth the adjacent sides. Repeat the same action on the other shoulder.
- Now we will iron the sleeves of the shirt. First, smooth the most dense part - the cuff. Ironing technique is the same as for the collar. Try not to hold the sole of the iron on the buttons or buttons.
- Next, place the sleeve along the ironing board. Spread the cloth with your hand to avoid smoothing wrinkles and folds. Do not smooth out the folds along the edge of the sleeve. Repeat the same with the other sleeve.
- Along the surface of the board, straighten the right side of the front of the shirt, combining the side seam with the edge of the working surface. First iron the lapel and pocket. Move the iron up and down perpendicular to the ironing board. With your free hand, hold and tighten the shirt as needed so that there are no wrinkles. Be careful with buttons.
- Similarly, iron the left side of the front.
- Turn the product to your back and cover it with a board. Move the iron from the bottom of the shirt to the collar. Shift the shirt to iron the entire back, including the side seams.
- No need to fold the shirt immediately after ironing while it is still hot. The fact is that moisture is preserved in the fibers of the fabric, and if the shirt is rolled up, it will be dented again. To eliminate residual moisture, hang your shirt on a coat hanger, fastening only the top buttons on it.
- After a while, you can roll it up if necessary.
The meaning of ironing is not only to eliminate bruising of clothes, it is also an excellent disinfectant.
How to fold the shirt so that it does not wrinkle?
Naturally, there is not one shirt in your wardrobe and it is not always possible to keep them all in a suspended state. For this came up with shelves, which put neatly things. The rolled up shirt can be easily put in a suitcase if you are going on a trip.
And now a master class on how to fold the shirt correctly and not crush it:
- Lay the shirt face up on a flat surface. Button the first and third buttons on top.
- Turn the shirt upside down and straighten all folds and sleeves well.
- Wrap up the right sleeve and 1/3 the full width of the shirt. So you should see a third of the front end. Straighten the sleeve.
- Fold the right sleeve in such a way that a fold forms 45 degrees from the shoulder and it coincides with the edge of the folded side.
- In the same way, roll up the left side of the shirt. Do not forget to straighten possible folds.
- Wrap the bottom of the shirt up. Approximately ⅓ of the entire length.
- Wrap up the bottom edge again so that it is under the collar.
- Turn the shirt upside down.
When folding a shirt, you can use an A4 sheet of cardboard or a thick magazine. In this case, in the second step, simply place the cardboard so that its edge is immediately under the collar, and fold the shirt further. Thus, the shirt will turn around around the cardboard and so it will definitely not fade.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult in this process. Yes, and do not forget to turn off the iron after use.