Corns on the legs are formed due to the constant deformation of the skin under the action of loads. Basically, such formations do not have a significant impact on the health of the body. They are more viewed as an aesthetic defect, sometimes accompanying a sense of discomfort.
In most cases, we simply do not pay attention to such a nuisance and are in no hurry to contact specialists. But for the time being ... Without proper attention, getting rid of corns on the legs will not work. As a result, everything will end with the appearance of chronic changes, the so-called dry calluses. Here they are for sure the problem: pain, cracking, bleeding. So how to get rid of dry calluses on the toes?
What causes the corpus callosum?
Dry corn is easy to recognize. This is usually a coarse area of yellowish skin. Painful palpation or walking requires immediate dermatological examination. Special recommendations for timely treatment are given to people with diabetes, vascular and neuralgic disorders.
Under the influence of friction and squeezing, the upper layer of the epidermis slowly condenses. Horny mass of the skin compresses the nerve endings, which provokes unpleasant pain. Note that such a nuisance can affect the skin not only of the fingers, but also any part of the foot, including the heel.
As stated above, the corn itself is not contagious and may not manifest itself for a long time. But if the skin is cracked, germs will easily fall into the wound, and there, without proper attention, inflammation cannot be avoided.
Experts say that mostly dry corns are formed as a result of wearing unsuitable shoes, and in women - models with high heels and narrowed socks. Tight, uncomfortable, not the size of shoes only increases the pressure on the skin. Normal blood circulation is disturbed, legs swell.
Another reason - sweating feet, and not necessarily under the influence of ambient temperature. Synthetic shoes can be the cause, as well as features of the body.
Women lovers of high heels without proper care for the legs still wait, that between the fingers and on the pads over time dry seals are formed. With constant and long-term wearing of such shoes, an incorrect distribution of the load on the foot occurs, and more pressure moves to the front.
But when wearing shoes without heels, the back of the foot is subjected to greater pressure. Here the skin of the heel area is more susceptible to change. Dry calluses on the toes look untidy even in the photo. How to get rid of them?
Treatment of dry calluses between the toes
Our advice, before it is too late - when a dry callus seals on the foot appear, immediately contact a cosmetologist or a dermatologist. There are various ways to treat this disorder, and the choice of the right approach depends on the type of corn itself. There are:-
- soft corns (watery, bloody, erased) - are characterized by liquid or air accumulations under the skin;
- callus hard (natoptysh, bone thickening, heel spur) - often form deep sitting rods, very dense and difficult to deduce.
For dry calluses between the toes, the treatment includes the following measures:
- The use of antiseptic, keratolytic cream (gel) for the feet to completely get rid of corns. The substance is applied in a thick layer, it is all covered with wax paper, a warm sock is put on. Processing should be carried out at night, before applying the cream legs hold in the bath;
- Wearing a special patch from dry calluses impregnated with salicylic acid;
- Salicylic ointment (10%) acts like a patch. In its composition there is benzoic acid, which, undoubtedly, will bring long-awaited disposal of corns;
- Peeling of cornified areas - cosmetological procedure. A drill with a special nozzle is used, thanks to which you can gently remove coarse skin from problem areas. You can also use this tool at home by purchasing a pedicure kit;
- In clinics and salons, cryogenic freezing with liquid nitrogen is effectively applied and then removed with a laser. This is a completely painless, bloodless and very effective procedure performed under local anesthesia. In most cases, one session is enough. As a result, the callosal "troubles" on the legs will no longer be.
It is not recommended to cut rough skin yourself, so you can damage healthy tissues. In addition, at home, you can not completely remove the corn rod, and the problem will manifest itself over time.
Let's try home therapy
Do not forget that there are traditional methods of treatment, which are convenient to carry out at home, without spending money on expensive procedures in the salon. But before resorting to the "home" medicine, you need to coordinate with the specialist the possibility of using the tool. From the effective methods of such treatment we select:
- bath with potassium permanganate or boric acid, soda solution or sea salt. The removal of softened skin is made by pumice or a scraper;
- bath with coltsfoot juice;
- fresh lemon lotions, fresh aloe flesh, potato tortillas (grated fresh tuber) - recommended for the night, for fixation a patch, bandage, gauze dressing is used;
- natural propolis helps to quickly soften coarse skin. In order to speed up the process of getting rid of callosities, it is recommended to gently remove exfoliated particles of the epidermis between the dressings;
- compresses vinegar essences with onions - nibble a little, but effectively soften coarsened skin;
- will help to soften the skin, oil rubbing, for the procedures suitable conventional sunflower oil, olive or any other cosmetic oil;
- alcohol compresses. Here, be careful not to burn the skin, as you need to apply plastic wrap over the compress and put on a wool sock.
After the procedures, a gentle peeling is performed on the problem areas of the foot, then the skin should be moistened with a fat, nourishing cream.
And yet, the most popular, the easiest and most convenient method of treatment is a plaster from dry corns, which can be purchased at the nearest pharmacy. Before using the patch, hold the feet in a warm bath. The plates are glued to the problem area, on a clean, dry leg. One plate is worn for about 48 hours. To achieve maximum results and precisely get rid of dry calluses on the toes, the procedure must be repeated at least three times.
Reconsider your attitude to the shoes you wear. If you can not give up heels (for example, because of the dress code), try not to bring the legs to the appearance of corns.
Regular cosmetic procedures for the care of the feet - an important preventive measure. At bedtime, do a light foot massage. Follow hygiene - it is desirable to wash the feet more often. Do not let the skin dry out; regularly use moisturizing foot care products. In the absence of a special cream, ordinary vegetable oil will do.