Nubuck is a natural leather, the upper layer of which is not corrected. She only passes the stage of sand polishing. It has the effect of light fleecy, reminding suede. Nubuck - quality and expensive material, which looks beautiful, but requires special care. In the opposite case, he is able to quickly lose its gloss.
Nubuck shoe care
- In order to clean nubuck shoes from dust and small dirt, you will need a special brush and cleaning agent. It is best to buy it immediately with shoes. Then you will be calm, because the necessary funds will be immediately at hand.
- Nubuck shoes should be cleaned 2 times a day - in the morning and in the evening. Only under this condition the material will retain its original appearance for a long time.
- Necessarily good dry shoes made of this material, never leave it wet, and even better - do not let it get wet.
- If such shoes appear white stains and spots, gently wipe them with a damp, but not wet cloth.
- After you have cleaned the shoes with a special brush, wiped, apply paint on the entire surface of the nubuck, suitable in color, with a water-repellent effect. This should be done with a sponge.
- Finish the procedure for cleaning this special skin by applying a water-repellent impregnation.
How to wash nubuck shoes?
It is worth doing it only in case of urgent need! Moreover, note that it is impossible to wash nubuck shoes like we wash ordinary shoes! From falling on the surface of the water, it becomes inelastic, coarse and quickly comes into disrepair.
In order to wash nubuck shoes, pour a little warm water into a basin and add a few drops of ammonia to it. Then, take a soft, preferably flannel, cloth, dip in a bowl of water, squeeze well and wipe the dirt on the shoes. After that, with a special brush, comb the pile on the nubuck and set it to dry. After complete drying, apply a protective impregnation on the skin surface.
How to recover shoes from nubuck?
- It may happen that you fall under the rain in a nubuck shoe, or it is very dirty. Do not rush to get upset and throw away shoes. You can still try to restore it! To do this, hold the spoiled item over the steam. To do this, simply put the kettle or pot of water on the fire and wait for the water to boil.
- Hold the shoes a little over the steam, remove them and dry them thoroughly. After drying with a special brush, comb the nubuck bristle and coat with special paint and then water-repellent impregnation.
- If the above recovery method did not work, again, do not rush to get rid of the shoes. Take it to dry cleaning, most likely, you will be helped to give the nubuck a pristine look.
To prevent such problems, do not wear nubuck shoes in wet, rainy weather and carefully care for them every day.
What not to do with nubuck shoes?
There are certain taboos in the care of nubuck shoes.
- Under no circumstances should such shoes be smeared with ordinary cream or paint, for example, for leather shoes. This will permanently ruin your item.
- Nubuck is very afraid of soap. Never clean such shoes with it.
- Do not wet the shoes from nubuck and rinse with water. All cleaning procedures are carried out, as a last resort, with a damp cloth.
- Do not wear wet nubuck shoes. When dried, it stretches and loses its shape.
- Do not store nubuck shoes in plastic bags. There may be an unpleasant smell or, much worse, the thing will completely deteriorate.
There are no difficulties in the care of nubuck. You just have to take the habit of cleaning and caring for him regularly. This rule applies regardless of the shoes from which material you prefer: suede, leather or textile.