If earlier tattoos looked vulgar, and even in the last century, the presence of a pattern on the human body was a kind of stigma, then the 21st century has opened new frontiers and many guys and girls dream of a beautiful hieroglyph or other image. The process of tattooing on the body must be approached with all the responsibility, and this concerns not only the choice of the tattoo master, but also the rules of caring for it. Let's look at how to care for a tattoo in the first days after its application.
How to care for a tattoo after application?
Time and progress rushed forward at a tremendous speed, and this was reflected in the tattooing technique. Young people put images on different skin areas: neck, shoulders, legs, abdomen, shoulder blades, etc. Regardless of where the tattoo is on your body, and what area it will take, you need to carefully and, most importantly, correctly look after.
Of course, first of all you should take care of your health. During tattooing, our skin is stressed and seriously damaged. As you understand, improper care can lead to the development of complicated consequences, including blood contamination. To prevent the tattoo from losing color, wrinkling, or changing its outlines, several key aspects of caring for it should be studied in detail.
What to do the first 24-48 hours?
The tattoo must be carefully looked after in the first two weeks. Depending on the situation, the period of special care and disinfection of the skin can last for many years. As a rule, after applying the image on the body, the tattoo master treats this skin area with a special solution and covers it with a thick bandage or film.
The first two days when caring for a new tattoo you must adhere to the following rules:
- If the tattoo bandage was applied as a compress and a film was used for this, then it must be removed after 3 hours, but not later. The skin must breathe, due to the conversion of air, it is regenerated faster.
- You can leave a tight gauze bandage for 24 hours.
- Before carrying out this procedure, be sure to wash your hands and thoroughly disinfect them.
- If the bandage is stuck to the skin, which is not surprising, since the skin is damaged, it should be slightly moistened with warm water and wait until it is removed well.
- Wash the skin that has been tattooed with cool or slightly warm water without soap or other cosmetics.
- The skin around the tattoo can be washed with soap, preferably with household or tar oil.
- In no case do not use loofah, otherwise you risk not only wash the color of the tattoo, but also severely damage the skin.
- If there are dried blood drops on the skin, they must be washed off to eliminate the possibility of scars.
- You do not need to wipe your skin with a towel or other fabric product, blot it lightly, or wait until natural drying.
- The final stage is the application of a moisturizing lotion or cream. Do not use products containing alcohol, aloe vera or cortisone.
How to care for a tattoo the first two weeks?
Care for the tattoo the first 14 days after its application is very important. It is during this period that the skin heals. All actions should be carried out extremely carefully and do not forget about disinfection. You should protect your skin from bacteria and infections as much as possible.
So, in the next 14 days after applying the tattoo, do the following:
- In the morning and in the evening, be sure to wash the area of the skin on which the tattoo is applied, with warm or cool water.
- Apply to the tattoo cream or lotion at least 4 times a day.
- If you put a tattoo on the skin that is hidden under the clothes, then wear only free underwear from natural fabrics.
- Do not expose the tattoo to direct sunlight. If this is unavoidable, be sure to use sunscreen. In this case, the protective level should not be less than 30.
- Do not take hot baths. During this period, it is important not to wet the tattoo much, otherwise the skin may shrivel, and then the tattoo will lose its original appearance. All that is allowed is a warm shower for no more than 10 minutes.
- Do not scrub the skin where the tattoo is located, otherwise you risk damaging the surface layer, which is still regenerated, and this is known to be fraught with a number of complicated consequences.
- When a crust of any thickness is formed, do not peel it off, it will dry out and peel off on its own over time.
- Drink at least 2 liters of purified water per day. It is necessary to maintain the water balance, the supply to the skin of all the necessary nutrients in order to fully moisturize it and speed up regeneration.
What can smear a tattoo?
Many people who have decorated their skin with a colored or black pattern, often ask a completely natural question: can you smear a tattoo with a baby cream? Of course, it is possible, but only after 3-5 days after tattooing. This is due to the fact that children's cream has a high fat content. In the first days you need to use only special and approved creams and lotions. But after a few days you can safely use baby cream 5-6 times a day. Excess cream must be removed from the tattoo with a paper towel or antibacterial cloth.
In the early days after tattooing, tattoo artists recommend using the following skin care products:
- Solcoseryl, etc.
You can choose any remedy that has a wound healing effect. Most of our compatriots who have become happy owners of tattoos, prefer Bepanten.
Many people who have made a tattoo, talk about their impressions and difficulties that they faced while caring for her. As already mentioned, most of our compatriots prefer to use Bepanten cream. Yes, in the pharmacy points you can find a lot of special ointments, creams, balms, sprays, but Bepanten fell in love with all of its healing and wound-healing properties, as well as an affordable price category.
Many people leave feedback that they used Bepanten immediately after tattooing. In the first days it should be applied to the skin as it dries. And in the subsequent it is possible to be limited to morning and evening procedures.
Many tattoo owners leave feedback that, when using Bepanten, an unaesthetic skin crust was not formed. In addition, they did not experience itching and dryness of the skin.
In many reviews, people say that when using Bepanten the tattoo heals within 1 month.
There are countless reasons for tattooing your body. Someone is trying to stand out from the crowd in this way, and for some the images on the skin become a symbol. Regardless of which salon you tattooed in, you need to take care of it equally long and correctly. We hope that our advice and rules of tattoo care will bring you only benefit, health and joy.