Even in ancient Egypt, beauties knew how to change their natural hair color. But if Cleopatra’s contemporaries kept the components of these coloring mixtures secret, now any woman can easily change the color of her hair by chemical means. The only question that torments the ladies is how often you can dye your hair.
Two times in a row does not happen ... or it happens?
The regularity of the color renewal procedure depends on the individual characteristics:
- the length of the hair (the shorter the hair, the more visible the growth is on them);
- growth rate;
- tones of coloring (shades of red and blond require regular updating, otherwise the hairstyle will look inaccurate);
- such as hair (on straight hair all the flaws in the coloring are more clearly visible than on the wavy or curly).
Our grandmothers used three means to change the image: henna, basma and perhydrol. And they were convinced that more often than once every 1-2 months it was impossible to resort to their help - it was harmful for curls. Now the market offers a wide range of products, the frequency of use of which depends on their type and composition. It:
- paints (ammonia and ammonia-free);
- tint balms or tonics;
- natural dyes.
So now you can even repaint the hair immediately after the first coloring! This is especially true if you change the color to a few tones different from what you wear. But each type of coloring agents has features that must be considered when using.
As already mentioned, this type of coloring agent can be ammonia or ammonia-free. Hydrogen nitrite is added to the paint so that the coloring pigments penetrate the pores of the hair as deeply as possible, ensuring color stability. That is why such paints are called persistent. They are in the lineup of all leading brands, including Estelle. How often can you dye your hair with such dyes? You can use them no more than 1 time in 3-4 weeks, since ammonia:
- enhances hair breakage;
- destroys the hair follicles, which are then restored for a long time.
In addition, it is necessary to take into account the color that you want. So, for light brown shades that are darker or lighter than the natural one by 1-2 tones, the coloring is appropriate once every 2-3 months. But if you are the owner of a haystack of red hair or a blonde with a natural dark tone, then you will have to make up more often, depending on the speed of growth of curls.
For such cases and have been invented non-ammonia paint. Their action is identical to ammonia, but the effect is not so strong: the coloring pigments do not penetrate inside, but envelop the hair. However, these funds are washed out much faster. After 1 month after staining may not be a trace of your fashionable color. Therefore, discussing the question of how often hair can be dyed with ammonia-free dye, hairdressers came to a compromise solution. They recommend using resistant paints 1 time in 1-1.5 months, painting overgrown roots, and keeping the shade non-ammonia, also applying them to the roots and, if necessary, to the entire length.
Means for giving shades contain many times less harmful components. With their help, although it will not be possible to radically transform the color, it is quite possible to get a beautiful tone. However, you should not rush to buy tonics, balms, tinted shampoos and conditioners and start them on a weekly basis: the harm from this will be no less than from resistant paint. After all, the tonic also contains all the same active ingredients - just a small dose. So, hairdressers recommend using shade products a maximum of once every two weeks. And be sure to note that tonics:
- powerless against gray hair;
- should not be used after dyeing with natural means, otherwise the most experienced stylist will not vouch for the result.
Henna and Basma are known from time immemorial, but today they do not lose their positions in the market for hair dye products. Mixed in different proportions, they give the desired tone, and in addition:
- strengthen hair follicles;
- stop dandruff;
- promote fast hair growth.
Often, women use only henna - to give the hair a pleasant warm red tint. But Basma is not used separately, unless there is a desire to repeat the feat of Kisa Vorobyaninov, who dyed her hair green as a “real smuggled goods”. But even such useful tools can not be used more often 1 time in 2 months. More frequent use may cause a loss of gloss and silkiness of the curls due to blockage of hair scales.
How to make staining more gentle?
If you need to keep the color change a little longer and minimize the harm to the health of your hair, follow a few rules drawn up by the masters-hairdressers.
- After you have colored the curls, support them with a special series of shampoos and balms for colored hair. These products kill two birds with one stone: feed the strands and smooth the scales without “releasing” the pigment out.
- When painting on your own, trust only reputable manufacturers. They necessarily complement the paints with caring balms that neutralize the aggression of the coloring components.
- To strengthen colored hair fit in a complex. In other words, some shampoos and masks for the recovery of curls can not do. Fill up the daily menu with foods high in vitamins (B1, B6, A) and important elements: iron, calcium and zinc.
Even adhering to all the recommendations on how often you can dye your hair with paint, it is better to have less influence with chemical preparations on your natural wealth. But if you can not avoid this, then use good products and contact your hairdresser. The wizard will tell you what care is needed exactly your hair after applying dyes.