Healthy shiny hair - one of the main ornaments in the arsenal of women. Although not every member of the fair sex from nature got such a gift, there are always secret ways to improve natural data. One of these tools are gelatin hair masks, which are able to transform the hair in a short time, while they are easy to use and have a cheap price.
Why is gelatin hair mask so effective? Its effect is due to the amount of protein contained in it, or rather, collagen. It is the main substance that gives skin, nails and hair elasticity and strengthens their structure. Hair loses shine and healthy appearance when, under the influence of negative factors (ecology, weather conditions, improper care, poor-quality cosmetics, chemical exposure) dries, and the scales with which each hair is covered open. All this makes the hair matt brittle, porous and weak.
Gelatin hair mask successfully copes with these problems. Reviews of those who have tried this method on themselves say that after one “session” the hair acquires volume and beautiful natural shine and thickness, which, according to reviews, turn into softer and more appealing. This is due to the fact that gelatin soaks and fills the opened scales, giving each hair strength and gloss. In addition, due to its enveloping effect, it prevents moisture loss.
Basic gelatin hair mask at home
Another obvious advantage of this kind of masks is that it is easy to make them yourself, at home, while achieving the effect of expensive (and often harmless) salon techniques for improving hair.
To make a gelatin mask, you need to take only 1 tbsp. l edible gelatin and boiled water.
- Gelatin must be completely dissolved in warm boiled water (3 tablespoons), so that no lumps remain. For a better dissolution of the substance, you can use a water bath, but make sure that the solution does not boil! Increase the number of components in 2 or 3 times (in the same proportions), if you have long or very thick hair.
- Tightly close the container with the lid and leave for 20 minutes.
- Using only shampoo, wash your hair. Dry your hair (not with a hairdryer) - it is supposed to stay wet.
- If the gelatin solution is frozen in 20 minutes, re-heat it slightly in a water bath.
- Enrich solution 1 tsp. suitable balm for your hair type.
- Spread the mixture through the hair. Do not impose a mask on the sensitive scalp - it can cause itching.
- Cover the hair with a plastic hat or a regular bag, and on top with a towel.
- For better absorption and consolidation of substances for 10-15 minutes, warm the hair with a hot dryer (right through a towel).
- Leave the mask for another 30-45 minutes.
- Rinse the hair thoroughly with warm water (the hot stream will completely dissolve the gelatin layer, and the effect will be lost). Use softening shampoo and conditioner.
Over the years, the use of this tool has developed many recipes for masks, where, in addition to gelatin, there are other components. They additionally give one or another effect: increased hair growth, hydration, reduction of sebum secretion, recovery. Such masks may include:
- foods rich in essential vitamins for good hair quality: eggs, lemon, milk, cinnamon, banana, avocado;
- base oils: sesame, almond, castor, coconut, olive, sea buckthorn, burdock, wheat germ;
- essential oils: rosemary, ylang-ylang, jasmine, lemon balm, lavender, bergamot, geranium, orange;
- herbal tinctures and decoctions: chamomile, burdock, mint, St. John's wort, wormwood, calendula, nettle, tansy, lavender, oak bark, hop, walnut leaves, linden, onion peel.
To achieve an additional reducing effect, it is quite appropriate to replace water with herbal decoction, milk or juice (for example, aloe or lemon, and for dark hair - carrot).-
Mask with gelatin for hair growth
It should be applied to wet (without balm and conditioner) wet hair. To prepare the "drug" take dry mustard, gelatin, colorless henna (each ingredient in 1 tbsp.) And 1 egg yolk.
- Just as in the previous recipe, dissolve gelatin in warm water.
- Put the remaining ingredients in the solution and mix well. If necessary, increase by 2-3 times the number of all components, but keep the proportions.
- For 15 minutes, the mask should infuse. If during this time gelatin thickens, again use the water bath.
- Cover the hair with the composition.
- Cover the hair with plastic and on top with a towel and leave the mixture for half an hour.
- After that, rinse the head with water and a softening shampoo and conditioner.
If your hair is too dry, do not use mustard: it has an additional drying effect, although it stimulates rapid hair growth. Instead, you can add to the 1 st. l some oil, for example, burdock or sea buckthorn.
Moisturize and strengthen dry hair
At your disposal should be:
- 1 tbsp. l gelatin
- half a ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp. l unrefined olive oil (can be replaced with coconut, burdock or castor oil)
- 1 tbsp. l honey (not artificial; liquid or slightly melted)
- 1 egg yolk
- Make a gelatin solution.
- Avocado mash with a fork and add honey to the resulting gruel.
- Into the gelatinous mass, hammer in the yolk and the remaining ingredients and mix everything thoroughly. For long or very thick hair, take twice the amount of all components in the same proportions.
- On wet hair (the head should be clean), distribute the composition over the entire length and, having wrapped up the head, detect 30-45 minutes.
- Rinse your hair with warm or cool water with shampoo for your hair type and suitable conditioner. To further soften at the end they can be rinsed with cool water with the addition of 1 tbsp. l natural apple vinegar.
In addition to masks, it is also advised to use gelatin as a supplement to shampoo: for this, a source of collagen diluted in a manner already known to you (1 tsp) is simply mixed with 50 ml of shampoo and lather your hair with this mixture. Wait 5-10 minutes, and then wash off the shampoo with warm or cool water. In the end, you can, as usual, use a balm or conditioner.
Gelatin hair masks are advised to use no more than 1 time in 7 days. Moreover, if you have a dry and weakened hair, it is better not to use pure gelatin, but in combination with other components that restore the structure of the hair and soften them.
In most cases, masks with gelatin have a very good effect on the hair, making them docile, smooth, voluminous and healthy. But for some people they are not suitable, causing the opposite effect: they dry out even more and create the impression of dirty hair. So that the tool does not disappoint, before applying it on the whole head, try the action on a small strand in the lower layer of hair.