Every woman wants to have beautiful legs and a great pedicure. However, it happens that the nail grows on the big toe. Such a problem is worth getting rid of immediately, because it is not only ugly, but also delivers a certain discomfort and even pain.
Why does the phalanx grow?
Ingrown nail - a disease in which the nail plate grows into the nearest skin, due to which friction occurs between them, which causes pain when walking. Why does the nail grow on the big toe?
So, the causes of this phenomenon may be several:
- Wrong shoes. Shoes that squeeze the foot and cause discomfort, most often with a pointed nose or high heels.
- Improper pedicure. Excessively deep trimming of the nail plate and rounding of its edges leads to the ingrowth of the nail into the skin. You should know that the nail plate should be cut horizontally.
- Hereditary predisposition. In this case, there is a genetically abnormal growth of the nail, as well as curvature of the big toe.
- Quick weight gain. Often occurs in pregnant women or due to weight gain due to illness. After losing excess weight, the problem usually goes away.
- Foot skin disease. Fungal infections of the foot and nail platinum, vitamin deficiency - these are favorable conditions for the development of ingrown nail.
Ingrown toenail: treatment at home
In cases where the ingrown nail on the big toe is in the initial stage of development, its treatment can be carried out independently at home. First of all, you need to abandon the uncomfortable shoes and stop shortly trimming the nails. Pedicure should be done smoothly: the length of the nail plate should be at the level of the thumb.
Find out also interesting facts about the volume, where the nails on the hands and the round shape of the nails exfoliate.
For the treatment of ingrown nails, you can also use proven popular methods.-
- 6 tbsp. l pharmacy chamomile;
- 2 liters of boiling water.
Preparation and use:
- It is necessary to steam daisy flowers in boiling water and tightly cover with a lid.
- Broth need to insist for 1 hour.
- Strain the broth through a gauze or a sieve and heat up.
- Keep your feet in this bath until the water cools down. The time of the procedure is 15 minutes. You can add to the composition of several crystals of potassium permanganate.
Honey Onion Dressing
- 1 medium bulb;
- 30 g honey.
Preparation and use:
- The onion needs to be peeled and chopped.
- Mix the resulting gruel with honey.
- Apply a honey-onion texture to the previously steamed finger with an ingrown nail, cover it with a film and tape it. It is best to do the procedure at night.
- In the morning, the nail plate is carefully pulled out.
- one small leaf of aloe;
- 20 drops of ordinary boiled water.
Preparation and use:
- Aloe leaf well need to stretch or grind on a fine grater.
- In the resulting slurry, add 20 drops of water.
- Moisten a cotton swab or cotton pad, attach it to the ingrown nail, wrap with a film and leave such a compress for the night.
- In the morning, the nail softens to the desired state, and you can gently move the nail plate.
If the ingrown nail has moved to a later stage, suppurations have appeared, then it is necessary to contact the clinic, as home treatment methods can harm. The specialist will assess the degree of damage to the nail phalanx and prescribe a suitable treatment.
Modern medicine has the following methods of treatment:
- Surgical method. The nail plate is partially or completely removed from the injured finger. Partial removal of soft tissue is also possible. After this procedure, some time will be spent on the rehabilitation period.
- Conservative methods. These include special tools designed to change the growth of the nail and eliminate the strain. This technique has its results at the initial stage of the disease.
- Laser treatment. The most effective procedure in our time. The nail plate and the soft tissue adjacent to it are removed with a laser. The advantages of this technique are that the operation is absolutely painless and in the shortest possible time.
As you know, any disease is easier to prevent than to cure. Follow the simple rules, and the ingrown nail will never bother you. Take care and be healthy!