In any home first-aid kit there is always a simple means for disinfecting wounds, familiar to everyone from childhood - hydrogen peroxide. But today it is increasingly used for medical procedures in cosmetology. It turns out, for example, that a foot bath with hydrogen peroxide can make the skin of the legs beautiful and the heels smooth.
We used to treat wounds and scratches on the skin with perhydrol. But, in addition to external use, this tool is used in medicine for the treatment of ENT diseases, purulent tonsillitis, skin infections, use in compresses for the treatment of joints.
Hydrogen peroxide has found wide application in the life of modern hostesses. She comes to the rescue during cleaning, washing, removing stains, disinfecting children's toys.
Hydrogen peroxide as a component of cosmetology
Today, hydrogen peroxide is widespread in cosmetology. It is one of the most powerful oxidizing agents, saturated with oxygen. It is not for nothing that in the Soviet times many women used it to lighten their hair. But today it is the most affordable and effective tool that helps get rid of hardened skin on the legs, corns, painful cracks on the feet, nail fungus, corns and the specific smell of sweat.
Such an amazing effect is due to a simple chemical reaction. Upon contact with skin, air, water, hydrogen peroxide decomposes, actively releasing oxygen. That, in turn, creates the most unfavorable environment for the reproduction of harmful bacteria. Therefore, in cosmetology, hydrogen peroxide solution is most often used for the feet, because it:
- effectively cleanses the skin of the feet;
- quickly softens coarse skin (which often causes unpleasant odor);
- nourishes the skin with oxygen;
- has a long-lasting effect (it is enough to do baths with perhydrol 2 times a month);
- protects the skin of the feet, making it less pliable from the point of view of microtraumas and injuries;
- strengthens the walls of blood vessels.
Hydrogen peroxide baths for heels are a very pleasant and relaxing procedure, so it is best to do it just before bedtime.
- Wash your feet well with soap first.
- In a small bowl, pour warm water at a temperature at which your feet feel most comfortable.
- Hydrogen peroxide is added to water at the rate of 5 tablespoons. l on 2 l of water.
- Dip your legs in the basin, cover with a towel on top to cool the water as slowly as possible, and sit for 10-20 minutes, no more.
- Rub the coarse skin finely pumice.
- Wipe your feet dry and lubricate with a softening or nourishing cream, and best of all with a mixture of glycerin and vinegar (in a standard vial of glycerin, 25 g is added to ordinary table vinegar to the top and everything is thoroughly mixed).
- Wear cotton socks.
If there are cracks on the heels, then it is better to replace table vinegar with a more gentle apple counterpart. It is added to glycerin in the same proportions.
The amazing properties of peroxide are also used to treat nail fungus. To do this, make baths, dissolving 100 ml of funds (3%) in 2 liters of warm water. Hands or feet are kept in the resulting solution for 15-20 minutes.
Very effective and compresses of peroxide. Previously, the nails are steamed in a hot bath with soda, wipe dry and apply a cotton disc moistened with peroxide to the damaged nail plate for 30 minutes. Procedures are carried out every morning and every evening until a healthy nail fully grows. It is worth adding that this is a very long-lasting undertaking, which requires patience and accuracy.
Hydrogen peroxide is a chemical compound, and if it is improperly dosed, it is likely to get a severe burn. Because of him, the depth of the skin lesions in 7 days can be greatly increased. Therefore, you should not do the foot bath with hydrogen peroxide very often and simply for the purpose of prevention. For security reasons, you should also not:
- even with very rough skin, stop the procedure more often 2 times a week;
- increase the time or percentage of the substances specified in the formulation;
- use light moisturizers. It is necessary that they are nutritious, oily and soften the skin well;
- perform the procedure without washing the feet;
- use a peroxide solution in case of detected allergic reactions to this substance.
What is the actual result of using the tool?
Judging by the opinions of those who have used the action of the miraculous hydrogen peroxide foot baths on themselves, this is really an effective tool. Most women note that after a month of regular procedures, they managed to get rid of not only the coarsened skin on the heels and corns, but also the sweating of the feet, and the skin of the feet became smooth and tender, like in an infant.
But on the treatment of nail fungus with hydrogen peroxide reviews received the most controversial. Those who tried to get rid of the disease in the advanced stage, noted either a complete lack of result, or a slight improvement after a very long use of the substance (more than six months). And users who tried to cope with the beginning of the fungus, completely coped with such an unpleasant defect. But at the same time, many noticed that applying peroxide on the nails should be daily, without taking breaks, until the healthy nail grows into full growth.
If you want to have beautiful and healthy legs, you should take care of them and take care of them constantly. Then you will not be ashamed to wear beautiful sandals in the summer, your legs will be your pride. A simple and accessible to all means - hydrogen peroxide will help you to increase the effectiveness of care procedures.