Aspirin is known to all as a pharmaceutical agent. This drug is mainly used to thin the blood, lower the temperature threshold and eliminate pain. Our great-grandmothers also discovered the miraculous power of aspirin in skin care. With it, you can align the color of the skin and saturate it with nutrients at the cellular level. Face masks with aspirin have become very popular lately. In our article we will look at the recipes of the most effective masks with this component.
Face Masks with Aspirin: Indications and Contraindications
Due to its component composition, aspirin has an anti-inflammatory effect on the skin. Acetylsalicylic acid reduces the activity of sweat and sebaceous glands, which helps eliminate acne. In addition, aspirin nourishes the skin with vitamins and nutrients, because under its influence increases blood flow.
What is the result of the mask with the addition of acetylsalicylic acid? Many of the fair sex have already tried this cosmetic and share their impressions. So, with the help of aspirin, you can achieve these results:
- pore cleansing;
- normalization of water balance at the cellular level;
- eliminate acne and acne of varying degrees;
- alignment of skin color;
- whitening facial skin;
- eliminate acne marks;
- getting rid of oily skin;
- exfoliation of the stratum corneum of the epidermis.
Aspirin-based masks are advised to use some dermatologists and cosmetologists. Only it is necessary to take into account the type of skin and indications for use of such a cosmetic. Most often masks with acetylsalicylic acid are used in such cases:
- in the presence of oily shine on the skin;
- with the spread of acne and pustules;
- with enlarged pores for their cleansing and contraction;
- for combined skin type;
- with the manifestation of allergic reactions.
Most often, aspirin-based masks are used by women who have oily skin. In other cases, it is better to consult a beautician. If you have dry skin, then apply aspirin should be very careful, because it dries the skin, which can cause peeling.
Despite the fact that aspirin at first glance seems to be a harmless drug, not everyone can use masks with its addition. Before you start using these masks, make sure that you do not have contraindications to this procedure, in particular:
- individual intolerance to the active ingredient;
- vascular expansion;
- lactation period;
- excessive dryness of the skin;
- fresh wounds;
- bronchial asthma.
Also, experts do not recommend the use of such masks during pregnancy, after the procedure of depilation. There is an opinion that aspirin masks are harmful for tanned and sensitive skin.
How to get the maximum effect from the use of masks?
Masks with the addition of aspirin are best done in the evening, so as not to expose the skin to direct sunlight and wind for at least the next 8-10 hours.
When performing this procedure to achieve a positive result, follow a few simple rules:
- thoroughly clean the skin before applying the mask;
- masks can be made periodically, but not every day;
- the duration of one procedure should not exceed 20 minutes;
- wash off the remnants of the substance only with warm water without the use of other cosmetics;
- the mass that is applied to the face should always be fresh, do not harvest all the ingredients in advance.
We do cosmetic procedures at home
Many women have tried aspirin masks on themselves. With the right approach and proportions, after a short period of time you will see the result and will be pleasantly surprised. Let's take a look at the basic recipes of aspirin masks that will give your skin freshness, purity, elasticity and relieve annoying acne.
Recipe number 1: face mask with aspirin for acne
As already mentioned, aspirin has an anti-inflammatory effect on the skin and slightly dries it. To further moisturize the skin and give it a healthy shine and radiance, you need to add honey to the mask. He will act, in turn, and scrub, that is, you will spend at the same time peeling and get rid of acne.
- acetylsalicylic acid tablets - 3 pcs .;
- warm water - 4 drops;
- liquid honey - 5 g.
Preparation and use:
- Put aspirin tablets in a separate container and grind to a powder. If you use acetylsalicylic acid in the powder, then accurately calculate the dosage.
- In a separate container, mix liquid honey with warm water.
- Add the honey mass to the powder and mix thoroughly.
- Apply the resulting mixture on previously cleaned skin, gently massage the face, observing the direction of the massage lines.
- After 15-20 minutes, remove the mask remains with warm water.
- Do this procedure no more than 2 times a week.
Recipe №2: face mask with aspirin and honey
If you want to clean the skin of the face, you can use an aspirin-based mask with the addition of honey and an oil component. It is best to take jojoba oil, because it not only perfectly moisturizes, but also nourishes the skin.
- jojoba oil - 1 tsp;
- liquid honey - 1 tbsp. l .;
- aspirin tablets - 2 pcs.
Preparation and use:
- In a separate container, mix the oil extract of jojoba and liquid honey.
- Heat the mixture in a water bath until the honey is completely dissolved.
- Crush aspirin to a powdered state, and then add to the heated honey mixture.
- Cool the mixture and apply it on the face.
- It is necessary to sustain a mask no more than 20 minutes, then rinse it thoroughly with warm water.
- Apply this mask can be no more than 1 time per week. If your skin is too oily, then replace the jojoba oil with another component that dries the skin or plain water.
Recipe number 3: whitening
Many women want to remove traces of acne from the face, age spots. To whiten the skin, you can use aspirin masks with the addition of fresh lemon juice.
- lemon juice - 2 tbsp. l .;
- acetylsalicylic acid (powder) - 6 tbsp. l
Preparation and use:
- Put all of the above ingredients in a separate container and mix well.
- Clean the skin of the face and then apply a mask.
- After 10 minutes, rinse the mask off with soda. To do this, in one liter of purified water, dilute 1 tbsp. l soda
Today there are many other recipes for the preparation of aspirin masks. You can add various oil ingredients, cucumber juice or aloe. All this will saturate your skin with nutrients at the intercellular level. Be sure to consult with a beautician before using such masks. To achieve a stunning effect, the skin must first be cleaned and slightly steamed. Be beautiful and healthy!