The human body is a universal environment for the life of many parasites, and one of them is Demodex. This microscopic mite lives in the sebaceous glands and hair follicles of almost 97% of the population of our planet, but it is progressing only in some. So, what is demodecosis on the face? Treatment of this disease and we have to discuss.
How not to get at risk?
As already mentioned, demodex is a microscopic mite that lives and parasitizes in the thickness of the sebaceous glands and hair follicles. In the presence of favorable conditions, this parasite begins to actively proliferate, provoking the emergence of such an unpleasant disease as demodicosis of the skin of the face. Some specialized doctors argue that the treatment of this disease does not allow getting rid of the parasite forever, but it is quite possible to achieve a long and lasting remission.
Demodex lives on the skin of the face of the overwhelming majority of the population, and there are two types of such ticks, and they get along perfectly in the neighborhood. But parasitic mites begin only in the presence of certain factors. These include:
- weakening of immunity;
- experiencing stressful situations;
- poor hygiene;
- dysfunction of the endocrine and digestive systems;
- the use of cosmetics containing hormonal substances;
- excessive tanning, etc.
There is an opinion that demodicosis appears only in the spring-summer period, in the winter the clinical picture is presented not so clearly. This is due to the fact that at lower temperature thresholds, the tick stabs, but the heat for him is the best place to live and parasitize.
Before we talk about the treatment of demodicosis on the face and examine the reviews of people who tell how they overcame this ailment, I would still like to say a few words about the symptomatology of pathology. Some of us confuse demodicosis with ordinary acne, acne and single acne.
To diagnose a disease, you need to pass a series of tests that allow you to detect the presence of larvae, eggs or adults in the skin. These ticks are not visible to the naked eye because they are microscopic in size. Despite this, they give a person global discomfort.
The characteristic symptoms of demodicosis are the following signs:
- eye diseases, including conjunctivitis;
- the appearance of foci of inflammation on the skin of the face;
- skin redness;
- the appearance of puffiness;
- roughness and roughness of the skin;
- excessive dryness.
Why does demodicosis require special attention?
Representatives of opposite sexes are trying to get rid of annoying acne, which spoil the appearance and cause a lot of inconvenience, and not only in puberty. Due to various factors, such ugly reddening and ulcers can appear on the skin of people who have stepped over a 25-year milestone. Demodicosis must be diagnosed promptly, because its treatment has its own specifics.
Otherwise, the disease may lead to the development of complicated consequences, in particular:
- inflammatory processes in the hair follicles and sebaceous glands;
- chronic perioral dermatitis;
- dermatitis of seborrheic nature.
We study the doctor's prescription: what drugs will help?
If you carefully review the reviews of people who have encountered such a problem as demodicosis, then you will notice that most of them advise you to contact a specialized doctor and conduct treatment under his strict guidance. In most cases, the treatment regimen is selected individually. First of all, this is due to the type of demodex. As already mentioned, there are two types of subcutaneous mites.
So, what drugs are used to treat demodicosis on the face? To achieve the desired result, we need combined treatment regimens. In this regard, specialized doctors choose two main areas:
- pharmacological agents of local action;
- systemic pharmaceutical preparations.
The basis of systemic therapy is drugs of various groups, in particular:
- vitamin and mineral;
Antiparasitic drugs are simply necessary to destroy the demodex and prevent its further reproduction. These include the following pharmaceuticals:
Basically, the duration of taking such drugs is 14-15 days. As medical practice shows, the treatment of demodicosis is troublesome and very long. The duration of the course depends on the severity of the development of the disease and can vary from 3-4 weeks to 12 months. Necessarily between receptions of pharmacological means breaks are taken.
As you can see, therapy has a number of specific aspects, so it will not be possible to self-heal the ailment. As for the drugs of local action, then most often the profile doctors prescribe ointments or sprays for external use. Drugs based on sulfur, tar, mercury, zinc have proven themselves well.
The following pharmaceutical products are recognized as the most popular and effective in the fight against demodicosis:
- ointment with the addition of erythromycin or clindamycin;
- Sulfuric ointment;
- Ichthyol ointment;
- tar sulfuric alcohol, etc.
As described above, Demodex can parasitize on the eyeballs or eyelids. If there are such symptoms, the profile doctor must prescribe eye drops, for example, Armin or Tosmilen. These microscopic parasitic mites develop in the hair follicles, so the eyelashes and eyebrows become the object of their damage. To avoid this, the doctor may recommend rubbing in the area of their growth burdock oil extract.
Will herbal medicine help?
Before we talk about the treatment of demodicosis on the face of folk remedies, I would like to pay attention to aspects that are important to observe throughout the treatment course:
- you can not use any means of decorative cosmetics;
- as much as possible it is necessary to limit stay in a zone of the increased temperature and under direct sunshine;
- it is important to carefully follow personal hygiene;
- underwear and face towel should be boiled and ironed with steam;
- from the diet at the time of treatment, it is recommended to exclude salty, fried, spicy and smoked food.
Now let's consider, according to reviews of people, several effective and safe means that are used for the treatment of demodicosis.
Recipe number 1
Wormwood broth will help you not only to eradicate this microscopic parasite, but also to thoroughly clean the intestines, which plays a huge role for the full functioning of the body.
- 2 tbsp. l crushed dry wormwood;
- high boiling water - 1000 ml.
Preparation and use:
- We spread dry powdered wormwood into a thick-walled container and pour boiling water over it.
- Cook this broth over moderate heat for 5 minutes, and then insist about 3 hours.
- Take this tool should be a special scheme for 6 days, namely:
- on the first day - for ½ Art. every 30 minutes;
- on the second day - by ½ st. every two hours;
- on the third or sixth day - ½ tbsp. every three hours.
Please note that even during a night's sleep, you need to take this decoction, otherwise there will be no result.
Recipe number 2
Do not forget about natural poisons and antiseptics, one of which is celandine. We will need the root of this plant for the preparation of ointments.
- 1 tbsp. fresh roots of celandine;
- 1 tbsp. vegetable refined oil.
Preparation and use:
- We mix both components in a glass container.
- For 14 days, put the mixture in direct sunlight.
- After this time, using a gauze cut, we filter the mixture and store it in a container made of dark glass in a refrigerator.
- Before applying in equal proportions mix the infusion with sour cream.
Recipe number 3
What about the vinegar doctor? Many reviews of people say that it is natural apple cider vinegar with 6% concentration that does an excellent job with demodecosis of the skin of the face. All you need is to get a high-quality and natural product. It should be applied to the affected skin. If demodicosis has engulfed the skin of the eyelids, then vinegar should be used very carefully so as not to burn the mucous covering of the eyes.
In order not to become a victim of such a disease and not to worry because of an unaesthetic appearance, you need to follow simple preventive rules, which are based on hygiene and high-quality cosmetics. Self-treatment is not your profile, so seek qualified help and follow all the doctor’s instructions. Be healthy!