Recently, botox injections have become very popular. Injections help solve many problems associated with aging skin. The preparation contains botulism toxin, which penetrates the facial muscles and relaxes them, thereby smoothing wrinkles. The effect of the procedure can be seen from the first time, in subsequent sessions only the result is fixed.
Any cosmetic procedure has its indications and contraindications. Botox injections are no exception. Among the contraindications are the following:
- Hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Inflammatory processes at the intended injection site;
- Acute infectious diseases;
- High degree of myopia;
- The use of antibiotics aminoglycosides, macrolides, tetracyclines, polymyxins;
- The use of drugs that increase the intracellular concentration of calcium;
- Pronounced gravitational ptosis of the face;
- Hernia in the upper and lower eyelids;
- The postoperative period;
The procedure is an excellent alternative to plastic surgery. You do not have to run the risk of surgery to rejuvenate your face.
The visible effect is achieved immediately after the first procedure and increases in a few days. Injected skin areas return to normal within a few hours. Currently, there are many cosmetics that contain botulinum toxin. But this cosmetics can not be compared with the procedure of injection of Botox, because the effect of it is achieved only after a few months of regular use.
To another advantage of the procedure can be attributed to a wide scope. Today, Botox is used to treat excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis), strabismus, acne, relieve muscle spasm, eliminate dental, headache and muscle pain, as well as treat herpes.
Extensive research experience shows that Botox is a completely safe way of rejuvenation. The negative feelings from the procedure are most likely the result of the low qualification of the specialist who did the procedure for you.
Botox injections give an additional effect of rejuvenation. After the procedure, the skin actively produces elastin and collagen.
In addition to the advantages, the procedure has a large number of minuses. The first can be attributed to the soreness of the procedure. This is especially unpleasant for people who have a low pain threshold. For the procedure used thin needles that are inserted under the skin. To suffer the pain of the procedure can not everyone.
Botox injections are applicable only to mimic wrinkles. The procedure does not eliminate wrinkles caused by dry skin, structural features of the face and aging.
Deep wrinkles also can not be eliminated using this procedure.
Botox requires a highly qualified specialist. Currently, almost every beauty salon offers a Botox injection service, without a competent cosmetologist. This means that non-compliance with certain rules can cause a number of complications after the procedure.
After the introduction of the injection must be sure to follow a few rules. The first time you can not drink alcohol, massage, face down to sleep. All this can lead to increased blood circulation and the drug shift.
The effect of the procedure lasts no more than 8 months. This means that after a while you will again have to contact the beauty salon. The cost of the procedure is quite affordable.
Side Effects of Botox
- After an unsuccessful procedure, a hematoma may appear at the injection site. Particularly affected by the outer corners of the eye.
- In rare cases, itching, rashes and allergies after the procedure. Also, after an unsuccessful injection, eyebrows and upper eyelids may fall. This is due to improper administration technique. Fortunately, this condition is temporary and after removing Botox from the body, everything falls into place.
- Change the upper lip. It may appear thickening.
- Muscle dysfunction: uncontrollable salivation, inability to smile.
- You may change the tone of voice and appear disorder of the act of swallowing.
- The short-term effect of injections can be attributed to headache.
The positive effects of botox
- Restoration of youthful skin, getting rid of wrinkles in the neck, face and décolleté area;
- Getting rid of excessive sweating;
- Face shape correction;
- Temporary relief from migraine and headache;
- The procedure relieves the tension of the face and relaxes the muscles;
- Injection relieves facial spasms.
Is botox harmful?
The use of Botox in medicine has been approved by the American organization FDA - subjecting the drugs to the most stringent control. What it says about its complete security. Despite this, there are a lot of rumors around the procedure. While medical research can not confirm them or categorically refute.
Botox before and after: photo
Botox is a modern drug that allows rejuvenating and tightening the face without surgery. Its use is safe if you contact qualified professionals and follow their recommendations after injections. If you are not a supporter of the injections, you can maintain the beauty and youthfulness of the skin with the help of masks, massage, gymnastics and contrast baths. Keep yourself in good shape and be beautiful and young!