Ammonia, which is part of most hair colors, is harmful. It makes hair thinner, breaks its structure. Over time, the curls lose their healthy appearance. Many women consider a great alternative to non-ammonia paint. It has a softer effect on the hair.
Resistant dyes, as a rule, turn hair into a dull mass, curls become brittle. Usually in the composition of permanent means present hydrogen peroxide and ammonia. The latter penetrates the top layer of hair, destroys it. Due to this, the paint penetrates deeper and does not wash off for longer. Hydrogen peroxide brightens the natural pigment and allows hair to recolor in a new shade. It turns out that both of these components change the initial structure and color of our curls so that we can get a different tone.
Paints without ammonia are harmless to hair. They act in a completely different way. The explanation is in the composition. The amount of caustic substances in it is minimal, the percentage of peroxide is very low. Coloring does not occur due to penetration deep into the hair, but due to enveloping. Coloring pigments remain on the surface of the curls. In addition to them, in the composition of many paints without ammonia, there are also useful substances. Many firms add vitamins, extracts, and oils to them. Therefore, there is not only staining, but also hair treatment.
The use of non-ammonia hair dyes has its own characteristics. The absence of caustic substances does not allow to be painted in a lighter tone. Therefore, it is best to use these tools to dye the tone to tone or to make the hair darker shades.
It is believed that a new generation of ammonia-free paint can lighten hair. Remember that this is impossible! So the proposed tools, in fact, do not differ in composition from resistant paints. Ammonia in them is replaced by analogs with a similar effect. They also negatively affect the hair structure. The only difference is the absence of a pungent smell.
Another plus paint without ammonia is that after washing the pigment on the hair there is no clear boundary. Usually the color comes off gradually in 4-6 weeks. Grown roots at the same time are not very striking. Hue changes smoothly from root to tip.
How to choose non-ammonia paint?
For a start it is worth determining that ammonia-free paints are of two types. Lightening paints, which were discussed above, are called permanent with the replacement of ammonia. Semi-permanent are non-ammonia in the truest sense of the word. In their composition there is a weak oxidizer. Usually it is 1.5 -2 percent.-
Non-ammonia paints have their disadvantages.
Instability. The paint does not penetrate deep into the hair shaft, and imposes a new color on the existing pigment. Therefore, the shade is washed off faster.
- The inability to paint over gray hair at home. This type of paint really does not cope with this problem. The exception is the coloring paints without ammonia in hairdressing. Masters add special gels to them.
- The impossibility of clarification. The absence of a high content of ammonia and peroxide leads to the fact that it becomes almost impossible to lighten up on several tones.
- In addition, these paints are usually much more expensive than their stable counterparts. Semi-permanent tools are much more effective in the hands of craftsmen. Only with the help of a professional colorist can you achieve the desired shade.
How to dye hair without ammonia paint?
- Hair must be dry and not very dirty. This contributes to the fixing of the coloring pigments. On the curls should not be foam, mousse or varnish. Paint can react with styling or fixing agents.
- Further, the staining procedure does not differ from staining with resistant paint. The tool is applied to the hair along the entire length and left for 30 minutes. under the cap. Then washed with water and shampoo. Put on hair balm.
In some cases, under the name bezammiachnaya paint hides the usual permanent. Therefore, you need to carefully read the composition. The presence of amines and sodium benzoate in the paint means that it is the same as ammonia hair dye.
Some hairdressers believe that non-ammonia dye can help improve the structure of the hair. She not only paints, but also fights against brittleness and dullness. Remember that before you buy, be sure to familiarize yourself with the composition of paint. Amines and sodium benzoate in it, in fact, are an analogue of ammonia. This means that the hair will receive a portion of aggressive chemicals. This will adversely affect their structure and appearance.