When following a diet, it is of paramount importance that a relatively small amount of food and a strictly regulated set of products contain as many vitamins, minerals and nutrients as possible. A healthy diet should consist of foods that are relatively small in calories, but are capable of providing the body with the necessary substances for vital activity. After all, we all want to lose excess weight, not health!
One of the indispensable in the field of diet food products is oats and products made from it (oatmeal).
What is the difference between oats and oatmeal?
Oats and oatmeal are not exactly the same thing, they differ in processing technology, and, consequently, their properties. Oats - this grain, oatmeal - flakes.
Since ancient times, oats have been used in folk medicine as a general tonic, as well as for rheumatism and pain in the joints, kidney diseases, excretory and nervous system. A drink was made from oats, which had a stimulating effect on the body and had no contraindications. Oats are an ideal product for the diet, because its constituents are involved in the regulation of fat metabolism and contribute to the proper absorption of carbohydrates.
Vitamins E, K, group B, provitamin A, mineral substances - iron, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, cobalt, manganese, aluminum, trace elements among which are rare and valuable iodine, silicic and nicotinic acids and useful amino acids. This is not a multivitamin composition, it is oats. It should be noted that in terms of zinc content, this plant is a champion among cultures. And zinc, firstly: it is necessary for beautiful skin, and secondly: it helps to strengthen the shell of each (!) Cells of our body. Zinc is present in oat grains together with a complex of vitamins E and A, and it is in this combination that it is absorbed most effectively. Using oats for weight loss, it is important to know that it contains a large amount of so-called "soluble" fiber (or dietary fiber). It creates a viscous mass in the stomach that slows down the absorption of carbohydrates and fats. The dietary properties of oats are also due to the ideal ratio of proteins, fats and carbohydrates in it, and also vitamins of group B.
Oats decoction for weight loss
1. If you are overweight, you can use a decoction of oats to cleanse the body.
For cooking: 200 g of oats, 2 liters of milk will be required. Oat is poured with boiling milk and infused in a thermos for 4-5 hours. Take a third of a glass several times a day. The course of treatment is up to two months.
2. There is an old recipe for weight loss aids called oat jelly. Prepared as follows: add half a cup of kefir to oatmeal (200-300 g) or put a crust of rye bread, then pour 1.5 - 2 l. Water and give ferment for 2-3 days. After the infusion is filtered and slowly brought to a boil.
Those who want to lose weight, drinking half a glass of such a drink 20 minutes before a meal, in a month will get a noticeable result.-
Oatmeal Diet - Healthy and Tasty
Porridge or oatmeal is also recommended to combat obesity and overweight, is useful in diabetes, diseases of the liver, kidneys, pancreas and gastrointestinal diseases. On the basis of oatmeal, you can make cleansing and rejuvenating face masks. And one of the nice features of the oatmeal diet will be its rejuvenating effect on the entire body. The condition of hair and skin will improve, the level of sugar in the blood will decrease, the work of the cardiovascular, digestive and nervous systems will be normalized.
If you are in doubt, is it possible to lose weight on porridge, no doubt, you can! First, oatmeal helps to remove the "bad" cholesterol and slags from the body. Secondly, due to the content of soluble fiber, improves motility and intestinal microflora. Thirdly, oatmeal is a nourishing product and therefore allows you to saturate with small portions. This will help reduce the volume of the stomach and naturally reduce appetite.
The daily human need for dietary fiber is 45-50 g per day, and the average portion of oatmeal allows you to get a quarter of the daily value.
Principles of the oatmeal diet
- Duration not more than one month. After a long stay on the diet, a break of at least 6 months is required.
- The best cooking method is steaming. It allows you to keep the maximum amount of nutrients. You can cook, but heat treatment should be as little as possible!
- Oatmeal is better to cook without sweeteners and salt. The taste of porridge for the oatmeal diet can be significantly improved by adding dried fruits: a little crushed dried apricots and prunes will make the porridge even more polished.
- Eating oatmeal should be for breakfast, lunch and dinner, supplementing the diet with water (regular or mineral), green tea without sugar and fruit.
- Even staying on the oatmeal for one day will have a result. The optimal duration of the diet - 1 week, during which you can throw from 3 to 5 kg.
- Alcohol should not be consumed during the diet.
Not only porridge is made from oatmeal, but also soups, pancakes and biscuits, vegetable cabbage rolls. These dishes can be a valuable and useful addition to any diet.
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com - Olga