Our current range of vegetable stores is very, very extensive. However, the greatest preference is given by buyers not to beets, but to other cultures. Frequently we have cabbage, potatoes, carrots. And in vain, beets are very useful. Doctors say that the inclusion of beets in the diet will reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and hypertension.
This culture also solves the problem of obesity successfully. Digestion improves, toxins and slags are removed from the body.
Beetroot its chemical composition includes iodine, which favorably affects the work of the thyroid gland, as well as betaine and betanin, which work as biologically active substances that ensure optimal functioning of the liver cells. And the pectin contained in it protects the human body from radiation and assists in the removal of cholesterol and excess water accumulations.
So, we found out that beets are a very useful dietary product. However, very much in maintaining the optimal balance of nutrients depends on the proper process of growing beets. Its taste depends on the same.
How to plant beets?
Soil for beets
Beets do not like soils with a high content of acid and alkali. It is best suited for it neutral friable soil, characterized by a rich content of organic substances. On such a soil, the plant feels "at home" and the harvest will yield juicy and tasty.
You can plant beets after zucchini, cabbage, potatoes, cucumber.
Very well, it can even be said that mineral fertilizers have a beneficial effect on the beet harvest. The presence of nitrogen in the soil is important so that the process of potassium and phosphorus assimilation by the plant is not inhibited. With a lack of the latter, the leaves of the planted culture will become dull, dark green in color, and then acquire a red tint. If there is a lack of potassium, this is also visible. The sheet plate will gradually turn dark red. The same color change is observed with a lack of manganese and magnesium.
If you plant beets for further consumption in food, you should know that the taste of the table product is directly dependent on the variety. The most popular are considered to be Bordeaux and Egyptian flat. They also differ in the best taste.
Most of the varietal diversity of such a crop as beet forms many seeds-glomeruli. They then sow. Wait until the plants grow, and then thin out. The distance between one landing on the other should be at least four to six centimeters. If the variety is single-growth, it does not need thinning.-
The size of your crop is directly dependent on the sowing thickness. But too large beets are inferior in taste to small and medium beers, and besides, it accumulates more nitrates harmful to human health.
In order to obtain optimal medium-sized beets, it is necessary to maintain a distance of twenty-five centimeters between rades, and between plants it should be eight to ten centimeters (for small fruits, five to seven centimeters are sufficient).
Beetroot loves water!
Water it should be plentiful at least once a week for the first one and a half to two months. The plant will not survive drought and will die. And besides, a sufficient amount of moisture will positively affect the results of the harvest.
Watering is better in the evening, before sunset. Then overnight the culture is saturated with moisture.
When to plant beets?
- In order to get an early harvest, it is necessary to plant two seeds in pots in March. The seedlings grown by April are planted under the film, and in the middle of summer you can already harvest.
- In order for the results of labor to be by the autumn, it is necessary to sow beets in late April. In September - October, the harvest is done.
- It is important to remember that beets require constant loosening. From planting to harvesting, it is necessary to regularly run a rake through the aisle. This is especially true after watering or the last rain. This process should be carried out very carefully so as not to injure the root system of the culture. So loose not very deep.
- The result of your work will be abundant beet harvest. You yourself can control the process of sowing, growth and ripening of the fetus. You will be sure that there are no harmful substances in the soil, unless, of course, you add them there.
- You can store beets in dry cellars that have a good ventilation system. The presence of a high level of humidity will have a bad effect on the harvest. Beetroot will start to rot. Compliance with the temperature during storage of the product is also important. Stores should not be too cold, it is necessary that the fruits are not frozen.
Beetroot deserved flattering words about yourself. Its benefits are proven. No harm. Grow a plant is very convenient, because it is not whimsical to care. It is necessary to remember about the landing conditions.