Novice flower growers, before buying a plant, need to find out not only where to place it in the house, but also what group it belongs to in order to properly care for them and be prepared for surprises.
Currently emit 3 main groups of plants, each of which has its own characteristics.
Decorative leaf plants
- These plants are grown for colorful bright leaves or stems. Such plants can be beautiful as individual leaves (monstera, begonia), and the plant as a whole (asparagus, fern nephrolepis).
- Some plants from this group bloom, but their flowers are plain and do not attract florists, the main thing for them is the leaves.
- This group includes such plants as croton, coleus, sansevieria, perperomy, begonia, dracaena, tradescantia, ivy, ficus, chlorophytum, dieffenbachia and some others. All of them are durable and with proper care they will delight you all year round. The only short-lived of this group is the caladium. He spends the winter in hibernation in the form of a tuber.
- There are no general recommendations for the care of ornamental leaf plants. But most often green - hardy, and variegated - require more attention. Plants with fleshy leaves require less watering.
They are subdivided, in turn, into dekorativtotschayuschie indoor and dekorativnotsvetushchy potted plants.
- There are a lot of them. It is diverse in appearance, size and smell. And the smell can not always cause pleasant emotions. Staples, for example, smells foul. But jasmine, gardenia, oleander is fragrant.
- For your home to be blooming all year round, choose Kalanchoe and Jasmine for winter, Spathiphyllum and Anthurium for spring, Hibiscus and Bell for summer, and Oleander and Afanander for autumn.
- Such plants as impatiens, Brunfelsia, Saintpaulias can be made to bloom all year round.
- The period of flowering in plants is different: the hibiscus flower lives one day, and ehmeya blooms for several months.
- After flowering plants look unattractive. Therefore, it is better to grow them in a potted group or indoor garden, so that some bloom, while others bloom at this time, so that the colors replace each other.
- Everything Plants of this group are more demanding on lighting in comparison with decorative-leaf indoor plants.
Flowering pot plants-
- The difference between them and the rooms is that they can settle in your house only for a while. When the plant ottsvetet, it will either die, or fall into a state of rest. And only you will depend on the ability to preserve it during the period of hibernation and again make it bloom.
- Plants in this group are called "gift." Most often they are given instead of cut flowers so that they remind of the donor longer.
- TO ornamental flowering pot plants include: azalea, poinsettia, gloxinia, chrysanthemum, hyacinth, cineraria, cyclamen, crocus, tulip, narcissus, tubergia, gloriosa, borlovlia, and also miniature roses.
- All these plants love cool and good lighting.
It is believed that cacti practically do not require care. Only occasionally water them - and they will be fine. But it is not.
The summer heat hibernates them. In winter, they need cold for normal development and regular flowering. It is better to keep them in the summer outdoors, and not in the stuffiness.
Cacti are divided into desert and tropical (forest).
- Desert- need minimal watering. And from October to March can do without water. They also need direct exposure to sunlight, otherwise they will not bloom. A good place for such cacti - south windows.
- Tropical (forest)- in winter, they are less likely to be watered and fed as compared with the summer period. They should also be shaded in the heat. Successful conditions for them will create the northern and eastern windows.
It is important not to forget that no matter what group your chosen plant belongs to (a decorative leafy room, a decorative flowering room or pot, a forest or desert cactus), it will always have its own requirements for conditions. And, in addition to general recommendations, you should follow them.